What I miss about Spurrier

Gatorfool

Sep 9, 2016
You could always count on Spurrier to win a game every year that he was supposed to lose, ah those were the good old days.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Gators aren't "supposed to lose" any game. The only reason we would seemed outmatched by anyone is piss poor coaching and piss poor recruiting.

It makes my blood boil to even hear this. Fvkk all you "supposed to lose" people, each and every one of you 0-10-1 types who applauded as Fooley destroyed this program.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Have faith Gatorfool Coach Mac and Nuss have been in and won these big games.

Gatorfool

Sep 9, 2016
Well I do remember Spurrier winning games when we were the underdogs, we have been underdogs before havent we????

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier also had a propensity to lose at least one game a year that he wasn't supposed to.

I like Spurrier but he wasn't a God on the sideline.

But... in his prime, I'd take him against any of the games greats!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier also had a propensity to lose at least one game a year that he wasn't supposed to.

I like Spurrier but he wasn't a God on the sideline.

But... in his prime, I'd take him against any of the games greats!

Imagine how many National Championships Spurrier might have if the playoff existed back then.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Imagine how many National Championships Spurrier might have if the playoff existed back then.

Good point...a boatload. A few months ago, I reviewed all of our seasons with SOS at the helm. One game here or there (remember Syracuse on the road in the early 90's) in several seasons cost us big time. I may start a separate thread on this when I have time.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It makes my blood boil to even hear this. Fvkk all you "supposed to lose" people, each and every one of you 0-10-1 types who applauded as Fooley destroyed this program.
:law: :law: :law: :law::law: :law: :law: :law: :law: :law: :law: :law::law: :law: :law: :law:
What I miss about Spurrier?
maybe like EVERY GODDDDAM THING>...................

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Winning a game he wasn't supposed to is not how I remember SOS, not with the number of losses to FSU he had. What I remember is a guy who went for the jugular from the opening kick. I loved that about him.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Do you know the difference between Steve Spurrier and God?

God doesn't think he's Steve Spurrier.
:raisehand: I know I know..............SOS had more people in his "pews" on Saturday in Gville than any of the other any of the other messengers of God did on Sunday in town combined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator