What if Florida hired Chris Petersen in 2010? Today’s SEC would look mighty bizarre

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Pipe dreams. Petersen is a West Coast guy, don't think he would have ever taken this job or any other job on this coast.
This is all speculation that is being spouted as fact. He would have taken the UF job in two seconds. That's my own speculation.

Foley had no interest in Petersen, not the other way around. Again, that's my own speculation.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is all speculation that is being spouted as fact. He would have taken the UF job in two seconds. That's my own speculation.

Foley had no interest in Petersen, not the other way around. Again, that's my own speculation.

I'm not certain Foley ever got around to considering Petersen. He was too enamored with Muschamp to think straight.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not certain Foley ever got around to considering Petersen. He was too enamored with Muschamp to think straight.
He admitted he didn't interview a single other candidate.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Say we actually want one and are willing to pay whatever, is it not true that they can match anything we could afford? And most are happy at their schools or have other criteria like staying on the west coast or need special consideration like great medical. Look at say LSU they thought they could get better and failed. Now perhaps we should have gotten the Memphis coach, that we could have done.
Most are mercenaries and are looking for a payday.

LSU did the right thing. They were never going to have an offense with that moron as coach. It may take them a while to get the right next guy but you cant get to the right guy without firing the wrong guy you currently have.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He admitted he didn't interview a single other candidate.

I thought there was standard language in every AD's contract that they need at least three bids. :dunno:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Most are mercenaries and are looking for a payday.

LSU did the right thing. They were never going to have an offense with that moron as coach. It may take them a while to get the right next guy but you cant get to the right guy without firing the wrong guy you currently have.

I might agree about LSU doing the right thing but I bet they thought like you that money is everything. I guess for people with not too much money it is important, but for many who actually have money some more is not that important. At least that is my personal experience, perhaps you know a different type of person.

For example I would work for UF for a lot less than say other schools and there is not enough money for me to work for UT in Kville. When you can get the right guy you can always fire the wrong one.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I guess for people with not too much money it is important, but for many who actually have money some more is not that important. At least that is my personal experience, perhaps you know a different type of person.
:britney:

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

So you think LSU upgraded their coaching with the Big O? It may take them awhile to get the right coach? Like 10 years? 15 years? At what point was it not the right thing? While we didn't fire Meyer, we are still waiting for the right guy arent we?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So you think LSU upgraded their coaching with the Big O?
I dont know. Ogre is a great recruiter also. The defense will probably still be stout and there is only one way to go on offense.

If it continues to suck then its no worse than under Dumbazz Less Miles.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Considering situations like Miles & McElwain, why can't some kind of drastic offense intervention
be done (first step of course = the position of psychiatric counselor be taken by a new OC)?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Say we actually want one and are willing to pay whatever, is it not true that they can match anything we could afford? And most are happy at their schools or have other criteria like staying on the west coast or need special consideration like great medical. Look at say LSU they thought they could get better and failed. Now perhaps we should have gotten the Memphis coach, that we could have done.
What gets me is. How does someone interview Jim mcelwain and say "hell yeah! I want some of that!"?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Nobody read the article. Nobody ever reads the articles.

Interesting but ultimately useless thought exercise. Had up hired Petersen I doubt things in the SEC would have been that much different. The Brown and Franklin senaeios were very unlikely in my view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.