What if this happens...

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n71194 said:
Harris kicked off team possibly and Grier transfers etc ?

Harris - it's possible he could get kicked off the team

Grier - He isn't transferring

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Only 5 of his career starts over 200 yards passing, and no 300 yard games yet, even the triple-ot against UK was only 295.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
t-gator;n71094 said:
What if morningwig has a great week of practice and driskel quits the team. Who starts the LSU game?

Seriously, what about Morningwig? He may not be as "physically talented" as JD....but he HAS to be much, much more mentally talented!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Skyler was horrible last year. I would rather have Driskel then Skyler. Skyler didn't show me anything to think that he even had a chance of success. I have at least seen Driskel have flashes.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n71953 said:
Skyler was horrible last year. I would rather have Driskel then Skyler. Skyler didn't show me anything to think that he even had a chance of success. I have at least seen Driskel have flashes.

Jeff in his entire career has never connected on a deep ball!!!!!!! Atleast morningwig is capable of that. As long as there's no vertical passing game our offense will struggle. Jeff can't even manage to get 100 yards in the air the last two games. How in the **** can you say morningwig is worse?

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
They refused to let Skyler throw a meaningful pass in a games against USCe that we could have won. That is all you need to know.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n71962 said:
They refused to let Skyler throw a meaningful pass in a games against USCe that we could have won. That is all you need to know.

Yes they did, and he threw a pick on what could have been the game winning drive. We scored our only points running the wildcat with Kelvin Taylor.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
If the receivers and TE's would catch the ball that would be an extra 50-60 yards a game for sure. He may approach 200 yards in this game.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n71959 said:
Jeff in his entire career has never connected on a deep ball!!!!!!! Atleast morningwig is capable of that. As long as there's no vertical passing game our offense will struggle. Jeff can't even manage to get 100 yards in the air the last two games. How in the **** can you say morningwig is worse?

Jeff hit a deep ball to Hines in the A&M game. He hit Hines again in the USCe game, but it was taken away by penalty and he hit Patton on a deep ball in the Miami game.

So let's change it to in his entire carreer Jeff has very rarley hit a deep ball... just to be accurate.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n71965 said:
Yes they did, and he threw a pick on what could have been the game winning drive. We scored our only points running the wildcat with Kelvin Taylor.
Was that really fair? They let him throw one meaningful pass on 3rd long at the end of the game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n71968 said:
Jeff hit a deep ball to Hines in the A&M game. He hit Hines again in the USCe game, but it was taken away by penalty and he hit Patton on a deep ball in the Miami game.

So let's change it to in his entire carreer Jeff has very rarley hit a deep ball... just to be accurate.

I thought there was a lot of yards after catch on some of those but I know he has hit a few deep balls here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n71966 said:
If the receivers and TE's would catch the ball that would be an extra 50-60 yards a game for sure. He may approach 200 yards in this game.

theyre usually suprised he made the right throw because it happens so rarely or he throws it too damn hard. These receivers have zero confidence in their qb.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n71972 said:
I thought there was a lot of yards after catch on some of those but I know he has hit a few deep balls here.

There has been both, last year had a number of YAC throws. But against Tennesse in 2012 he hit one or two deep throws. Other than that off the top of my head I don't remember Driskel hitting more. He has been completely overthrowing the deep ball (20+ yards) all season.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n71969 said:
Was that really fair? They let him throw one meaningful pass on 3rd long at the end of the game.

With good reason. I'm almost certain I could have thrown the ball further than him when I was his age. Look at me, I sound like an old fart. :facepalm:

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n71965 said:

I guess my definition of meaningful is not making some kid throw when for 50 minutes you never let him do anything but hand-off. I meant throw 5-6 in the first half. 5-6 in the second and maybe we never would have been down. Hard to throw when Clowney is teeing off and everone knows it is coming.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n71978 said:
With good reason. I'm almost certain I could have thrown the ball further than him when I was his age. Look at me, I sound like an old fart. :facepalm:

pick your poison do you want a physically handicap qb or a mentally handicap qb

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
t-gator;n71974 said:
theyre usually suprised he made the right throw because it happens so rarely or he throws it too damn hard. These receivers have zero confidence in their qb.

Let's stop with the too hard nonsense. If you are a receiver at a D1 school that should never be an excuse. If it hits your hands catch it. Dunbar, Pittmann and Robinson are just dropping them. Maybe Westbrook's crossing pattern off his hands was too hard, but come on. Doug Johnson had an NFL arm and I don't remember Spurrier telling people he was throwing it too hard.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n71988 said:
Let's stop with the too hard nonsense. If you are a receiver at a D1 school that should never be an excuse. If it hits your hands catch it. Dunbar, Pittmann and Robinson are just dropping them. Maybe Westbrook's crossing pattern off his hands was too hard, but come on. Doug Johnson had an NFL arm and I don't remember Spurrier telling people he was throwing it too hard.

when they are 5 yards away you have to take a little off of it. Also like I said they don't have any confidence in him. They're not making the extra effort and I believe it's a trickle effect from his play. Pittman is terrible I'll give you that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n71968 said:

You are right - I saw the Hines passes were about 36 yards and 41 yards in the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator