What is going on at UGA

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
alcoholica;n308471 said:
It was mentioned on one of the radio shows that Richt doesn't have a strong relationship with UM anymore. Not sure when it faded, but apparently there is a divide.

Maybe when he was at FSU?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
FireFoley;n308176 said:
This was my favorite part of the article. If Richt is gone, then please let this be true. Please let UGA hire Mullen. I will gladly accept as many "glorified high school coaches" in the SEC East as long as we do not have one!
Saw Mullen's team last night. Not sure we want him at uga. Does a lot with a little.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't understand why all of a sudden it's time for a change. It's like this every year. Firing both coordinators isn't gonna do nothing but hurt them in recruiting this cycle. I guess it's a win win for us. I just don't know who they think they're gonna get that's gonna be do better than 9 wins a year

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ancient Reptile;n308478 said:
Saw Mullen's team last night. Not sure we want him at uga. Does a lot with a little.
He is a horrible recruiter and is like 2-30 vs ranked teams. We really, really do want to BITCH slap him every year.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Bspn reports that Richt has not signed contract that was prepared nine months ago. Apparently objects to ethics clause. University says it will honor contract anyway. Honor it when he is terminated?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Law98gator;n308530 said:
He is a horrible recruiter and is like 2-30 vs ranked teams. We really, really do want to BITCH slap him every year.
As Dad told me when we went out to capture the cottonmouth mocassin, "Be careful what you ask for." If UF even recruited the athletes Mullen is winning with, our fans would go ballistic.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that's one of the many reasons we didn't hire Mullett, how poorly he recruits. Mullett is going to finish fifth or worse again. He is lucky that every year it seems like someone in the west, usually Arkansas and/or Auburn, is an absolute basketcase.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Law98gator;n308530 said:
He is a horrible recruiter and is like 2-30 vs ranked teams.

To be fair .... not that we have much of a habit of that here, but I thought I could try something different & exciting ... Mississippi has to be a hard place to recruit to. Most people think of it as a place you try to get away from as fast as you can if you are unlucky enough to be born there, and very few think it's a Top Destination anybody wants to go to. (Facts don't matter here, this is about perceptions.)

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yankeetown;n308666 said:
To be fair .... not that we have much of a habit of that here, but I thought I could try something different & exciting ... Mississippi has to be a hard place to recruit to. Most people think of it as a place you try to get away from as fast as you can if you are unlucky enough to be born there, and very few think it's a Top Destination anybody wants to go to. (Facts don't matter here, this is about perceptions.)
Will not argue with law on recruiting, but plenty of jawja boys want to go to the flagship school. Don't see why you can't add two wins to his record for superior talent at uga and see he would be a problem. They will have another good team next year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ancient Reptile;n308736 said:
Will not argue with law on recruiting, but plenty of jawja boys want to go to the flagship school. Don't see why you can't add two wins to his record for superior talent at uga and see he would be a problem. They will have another good team next year.
Because his "QB up the middle" 30 times a game is a detriment to recruiting. It's why all the premier RBs, WRs, and real QBs chose Bammer, LSU, Ole Miss and Ugly through the years. You also can't "add two wins" because right now he plays 4 geographical schools and Kintucky is his east permanent rival. Throw in the dumpster fire that is Arky and he has 6 guaranteed wins. He won't be able to do that at Ugly. He will get Ga Tech and only three cupcakes, and his west rival will be Barn not Kintucky. Even in their bad years, Barn is better than Kintucky.

Like I said, he is 3-30 vs ranked teams. That says it all. Frankly, it's worse than Brick by Brick.

I love ya AR, but there is a reason Cuzin Eddie hasn't been offered a real job in all these years.

I could see him taking scUM this time. I think he knows his seat gets nuclear hot once Ole Miss waxes him again this year.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
The only thing I know for sure that is happening at UGA is that they are adding this hardware to their trophy case for yet another year.

Attachments

• conv_5204.jpg
    conv_5204.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 15

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Humorous that it is a soccer ball BC I think of soccer parents when I think of this phenomenon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.