What is the GRANDEST most HUMILIATING Florida State Seminoles Defeat

Which beat down appeals the most to the jort lizard nation? Was it the Danny Wuerffel and Steve Spur

• 2014 : Oregon's 59-20 Knockout. Ends FSU dream for immortality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1997: Florida wins NC against FSU avenging regular season loss to Noles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Which beat down appeals the most to the jort lizard nation? Was it the Danny Wuerffel and Steve Spurrier engineered revenge against the Noles to win the 1996 National Championship or watching Oregon humbling Jameis the Anus and the arrogant, entitled Noles by ending their dream for immortality by being the first team to win back to back undefeated National Championships?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Oregon's loss is more humiliating. They felt they were unbeatable. They thought they were untouchable. And they lost to a Pac-10 school horribly on the biggest stage in the first year of the playoffs.

Losing to us was not a humiliation. It was expected.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
28 million people watched them get annihilated in the first ever Division 1 college football playoff game. At that point, until the Bama-OSU game started, it was the most watched cable program in history. They looked like the Keystone Cops and bungled the entire 2nd half. Way more embarrassing even than getting killed by us for the NC.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It has to be losing to your in-state rival for the National Championship...and losing big.

Dec 10, 2014
I'm disappointed that any college football fan (don't read in Gator fan because that is besides the point) would vote for the first option. Are you kidding me?! Getting blown out by your rival on the national stage in the National Championship Game? That was terrible for them. Would you rather get blown out by Georgia or Michigan? The only way you could possibly think '14 is worse is because of the social media around nowadays that magnified their awful, awful team. The blocking each other, the Winston fumble, the not shaking hands, the other turnovers, the screaming match with Dumbo.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gee they beat us earlier in the year and got destroyed for our first NC, of course our NC is better than someone else beating them.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Put it in this perspective Dork. UToothless plays Vandy for the NC and gets b!tched slapped in a beatdown. It's a no brainer

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
losing to your biggest rival in the biggest game by that score or losing to a team you never ever played in the next to the biggest game?
easy one dont you think

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For some reason I didn't include this game in the poll. My personal favorite by the way.

January 4, 1999
Tempe, Arizona
Fiesta Bowl

Tennessee 23
Florida State 16
University of Tennessee
Volunteers
1998 Undefeated NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

That made 2 NC's in 3 years that slipped through the fingers of beloved Bobby Bowden.

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UF beating fsu the way we did for the NC, after losing to them in the regular season.
Us beating them is more personal than them getting beat by some other team, no matter how badly.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
NavetG8r;n143094 said:
Nothing beats a Gator win over the :nole:s for the NC.

+1

Not many teams have beaten one of their biggest rivals in the NC game.

Singularity

Dec 18, 2014
For the objective fan in 2015, likely the Oregon defeat. For most of us, the NC beat down we put on them. I also enjoyed the 5 years of blowouts under Urban and of course the year of Ron Zook field. I hope 2015 is a return to us running up the score on them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, do you remember who lost in the first round of the playoffs 10 years ago? NFL, March Madness, whatever? Neither do I.

Neither will anyone else (except Clowns, Gators and Duck) 10 years from now.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As a non Gator or should I say anti Gator the Florida Revenge Bowl against FSU to win the National Championship means next to nothing. I'll admit the game was interesting and unprecedented to see two of the most bitter college football rivals on Planet Earth play in the regular season and by hook or crook end up as the same teams battling for the National Championship.

That being said I am not neutral on the subject of the 2014 defending National Champion Florida State Seminoles who led by their bad seed QB morphed into an insufferably arrogant and entitled team that thought they were the greatest force in the NCAA destined to win back to back National Championships undefeated. I enjoyed seeing their faces as they were being steamrolled 59-20 but the piece de resistance was laughing at Famous Jameis' big play to seal his status as a Heisman Winning Quarterback punching his ticket to the NFL.

"slipped on the Rose Bowl grass, lurching backward. And as he brought the ball up to throw before falling down, he somehow flipped it over his head for a cataclysmic, game-ending, winning-streak-snapping and likely college career-ending comeuppance.......
this one finally cost the most polarizing college football player in memory. The fumble was so slapstick stunning, the official nearest the play fell over like Winston. The loose ball was returned 58 yards for a touchdown by Tony Washington – a third lightning-strike touchdown in a span of 5 minutes and 7 seconds – and the Seminoles’ fate was sealed
."
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jameis-...866-ncaaf.html

"Florida State is now down 45-20 to Oregon after Jameis Winston performed one of the most glorious and hilarious plays in college football history. The play features a referee eating it, too! The New York Jets only wish they could execute this perfectly. Here's how it sounded on ESPN Deportes:"
http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-f...ves-1677019423

Florida State had many opportunities to lose the last two years especially this season but ended their glorious run by being totally dominated and humiliated on the biggest stage in the first NCAA Playoff game in history. They'll never live down being shot out of the skies by the Oregon Ducks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.