What is your Dagger to the Heart memory?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just recently. I was at a bar with a friend. This lady he knows came over and started chatting him up. She had a really cute friend with her and she and I start up a conversation. Started with introductions and basic, idle chitchat. As the drinks flowed, our talk moved more towards flirting and she brushed up against me a couple of times. I'm thinking "oh, yeah! Been a while since daddy has some leg!"

And the, for some inexplicable reason, I just blurted out "$10 to touch it. $20 to watch me touch it."

She didn't think it was as funny as I did. :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just recently. I was at a bar with a friend. This lady he knows came over and started chatting him up. She had a really cute friend with her and she and I start up a conversation. Started with introductions and basic, idle chitchat. As the drinks flowed, our talk moved more towards flirting and she brushed up against me a couple of times. I'm thinking "oh, yeah! Been a while since daddy has some leg!"

And the, for some inexplicable reason, I just blurted out "$10 to touch it. $20 to watch me touch it."

She didn't think it was as funny as I did. :(
Try this one next time...
"Do you fool around?"
The reply is always "No".

"Will u hold still while I do?"

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Seems like most of us peaked in high school... :sadnanner:

So ...
My senior year I was on the "Brain Brawl" team - kind of a quiz format of math, science, physics, etc. We had four of us and three of us were really good at math and science while I was good at ...not being good at math and science. Made it through all the qualifying rounds against the other high schools with only one loss. The high school affiliated with fsu-cks made it to the finals with no losses. So we had to beat them twice.

Earlier in the week at the matches leading up to the finals one of my teammates and I were talking to two of the guys on the team we'd eventually meet in the finals. Pleasant conversation ...nice guys - they had somewhat long hair - concert type t-shirts, something I would have worn except I was also in JROTC so I had short hair. We also had a team "uniform" consisting of a v-neck sweater and button down collar...about as preppy as you can get. So the picture in the TrailerTrashee Democrat showed two preppies talking to two 'cool dudes' and we were immediately the nerds.

The event was televised on local TV - big crowd at an auditorium on the clown's campus.
And the first match we curb stomped them dudes badly - wasn't even close. I was firing off the non-math answers even before the moderator (my old middle school principal) could get them out of his mouth. My teammates were killing the hard questions.

Intermission... members of the :nole: school's quiz/debate team came up to us from the audience during the break and were already congratulating us ...knowing we would kill in the second round and take the grand prize (more on that later).

Second and final round starts and this time - those boys must have made some halftime adjustments.
It was back and forth and literally came down to which team could correctly answer the last question.

Now... when you hit your buzzer to answer, the moderator is supposed to stop talking immediately and then your're supposed to answer the question with whatever came out of his mouth.

Fair enough.

Last question... "Name the largest..." - and one of the guys on the other team hits his buzzer right before the word 'largest'.
Does the moderator stop talking? Hell no.
"Name the largest desert in the..." and then he stops.
DAMMIT!!! :gah:

And we lose on the last freakin' question.
So the next morning I walk into my JROTC class to a standing ovation...so I had that going for me, which was nice.

Meanwhile - the winning team was busy making plans for their all expenses week long trip to London England with $500 bucks in each of their pockets.
:cry2:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Damn Diddy, as a fellow nerd.... that one hurt. In Ferg's video, when that dude hit the 3 pointer.... that's exactly what I remember hearing when that guy beat me in the district championships.

**** that guy.

Benton.

**** Benton.

Fun thread, thanks for the stories.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Senior year against our rivals in the district basketball tournament. This dude banked in a 40 footer at the buzzer to end my highschool career. He picked up the ball on a turnover that should have been a foul call. They ended up winning districts and going on a good run in the state playoffs. Later that night I got into a fight and got my ass handed to me again. One of the worst nights ever.
Ok I left out a detail and brad says it should not have been left out. The guy that kicked my ass was my ex- girlfiends new better looking boyfriend. He was taunting me from the stands during that game and me and her just broke up.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Ok I left out a detail and brad says it should not have been left out. The guy that kicked my ass was my ex- girlfiends new better looking boyfriend. He was taunting me from the stands during that game and me and her just broke up.

Oh man... that's rough.
Hard to show your face after that one.
But that guy is now probably a 600lb crack addict with two teeth and 12 kids in a single wide -
keep believing that

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Oh man... that's rough.
Hard to show your face after that one.
But that guy is now probably a 600lb crack addict with two teeth and 12 kids in a single wide -
keep believing that
We actually became friends after that. A few years ago I got a wedding invitation for him and not my ex girlfriends wedding. He wasn't a bad dude.

Last edited:

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sophomore year was Emmitt Smiths Senior year. Niceville Eaglea plays Escambia Gators at home. Smith takes a kickoff to the house. Just tears it up. Holding penalty on the return team. Sigh of relief from our kickoff team to say the least. Lots of cheering from the crowd. Kick it off again. Deep into the end zone and sure as $hit Emmit runs it back again for a 100+ yard TD. Can't remember the score but we got our a$$es handed to us. It was a district game too which made it hurt more. But we got them back the next two years and won the state 4A championship in 88!!!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We weren't very good at football, and only went to the playoffs once. The time we did we lost by 5 touchdowns, so no real heartbreaker there.
Baseball on the other hand was a different story. Sr year in the playoffs we're at home. Down 1 run in the bottom of the 7th (didnt play 9 in HS).
One down with a runner on 1st. First pitch must've been about an inch off the plate. Ump gives it to him. Second pitch he comes in and I turn on
it pretty good. The ball hooks over the fence about 10 feet left of the foul pole. I'm thinking no way he comes in again, probably something off speed
low and away. 0-2 count now. He goes heater away, no way I can take it. As I make contact the runner heads to second it's a low liner down the first base line.
The lefty firstbasemen backhands the low liner and takes one step on the base. Game over. I never got more than two feet out of the box. It was the last time I swung
a bat in a remotely competitive environment. If he isn't holding the runner it's likely a tie game with me at 3rd or worst case second with only one down.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We weren't very good at football, and only went to the playoffs once. The time we did we lost by 5 touchdowns, so no real heartbreaker there.
Baseball on the other hand was a different story. Sr year in the playoffs we're at home. Down 1 run in the bottom of the 7th (didnt play 9 in HS).
One down with a runner on 1st. First pitch must've been about an inch off the plate. Ump gives it to him. Second pitch he comes in and I turn on
it pretty good. The ball hooks over the fence about 10 feet left of the foul pole. I'm thinking no way he comes in again, probably something off speed
low and away. 0-2 count now. He goes heater away, no way I can take it. As I make contact the runner heads to second it's a low liner down the first base line.
The lefty firstbasemen backhands the low liner and takes one step on the base. Game over. I never got more than two feet out of the box. It was the last time I swung
a bat in a remotely competitive environment. If he isn't holding the runner it's likely a tie game with me at 3rd or worst case second with only one down.

Damn.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ok that's just brutal.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I have two.

My jr year, playing with Cornelius Ingram who was a senior, had one loss all year to the eventual district champs and lost home field advantage in the playoffs. ended up in sneeds Florida for our first round. Cold front came in the day before, game time temp was around 40 degrees. none of us even packed a long sleeve shirt let alone extra socks and the like. we left hawthorne at 70 degrees very early in the morning. FSU gave the entire team a tour of all the facilities on our way through, it was the year after Rix parked in a handicap spot and I had the balls to ask him where he parked when I saw him in passing. he acted like he didn't hear.
Anyway, we get to sneeds and it freezing ****in cold. I was the 3rd or so biggest guy on the field at 6'180lb and wasn't fast enough to go anywhere but the line. I must've gotten 5 or 6 holding calls. The tape showed them to be bad calls. The refs really raped us. I've always felt a little responsible for the loss. We were #1 in the state going in and lost in the first ****in round.

The other story is after graduating HS not even receiving a letter for baseball, I got a chance to tryout for sfcc in Gainesville. Tryout was tossing it around and a 5-10 minute bullpen session. I couldn't hit for the life of me to I went in as a pitcher I had decent stuff but nothing great. Ended up ****ing laying pipe in the pen. Hit 90 on the gun, I don't think the catcher had to move his feet at all. I got a call back chance. I'm chosen to throw first out of 10 guys or so, so that immediately makes me nervous that they may actually consider choosing me. For some reason I didn't mentally prepare to throw against actual batters. First pitch I try to break the sound barrier, plunk the guy right in the rib cage. I don't think I threw a strike for the next 10 pitches and they said that'll be all. Went home and cried like a b!tch.
Heavy, I assume you went to Hawthorne. Back in the early 70s Hawthorne was a great basketball team. We went in there and HHS was like 14-0 and ranked 2nd. We had the ball down 1 with 6 seconds I brought the ball in and hit my center with a full court pass for the win. Hawthorne went to the state finals and lost to Melbourne CC there only other loss.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Yup. They went to final four or champ game every year Ingram was there from 8th grade on. Never won a ring. They've been back a few times, Ingrams brother coaches these days.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
We didn't have youth sports in the small town I grew up in so when my 1st son turned 7 me and a few friends started our own athletic association we built our own field, concession stand and bathrooms. Our first game we lost 35-1 in 3 innings and it took about 3 years to become really competitive and the last game of the season we could finish no better than 2nd but were playing the league champion at their park. The kids played a perfect game and scored 3 runs in the top of the 6th to take a 11-0 lead and took the field while I talked to all the dads lined up down the first base fence the other team loaded the bases before a kid hit a base clearing double that put me back in coaching mode. It gets blurry at that point but no matter what moves I made or how hard the kids tried we couldn't stop the bleeding and lost 12-11 and never recorded an out. I think baseball is different than most sports and it truly isn't over till its over.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We didn't have youth sports in the small town I grew up in so when my 1st son turned 7 me and a few friends started our own athletic association we built our own field, concession stand and bathrooms. Our first game we lost 35-1 in 3 innings and it took about 3 years to become really competitive and the last game of the season we could finish no better than 2nd but were playing the league champion at their park. The kids played a perfect game and scored 3 runs in the top of the 6th to take a 11-0 lead and took the field while I talked to all the dads lined up down the first base fence the other team loaded the bases before a kid hit a base clearing double that put me back in coaching mode. It gets blurry at that point but no matter what moves I made or how hard the kids tried we couldn't stop the bleeding and lost 12-11 and never recorded an out. I think baseball is different than most sports and it truly isn't over till its over.
Yikes. That hurts.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have to be my senior year in hs....

We had been good the last couple of years but our best WR graduated and took a scholly to Wyoming; left a big hole in our offense but we were good enough to still get into the playoffs....played a team out of the west side of the state in districts and we needed this one win to secure our spot...ended up playing the worst games of my entire life...missed 9-10 tackles...two went for 6...ended up getting pulled towards the middle of the 4th quarter.

If I had another one, of my own it would have been my junior year of high school; we start out the year 6-0...a win against Hannibal and we are likely conference champs for the second time in over 30 years...they just had installed new (old) turf that they had received from the St. Louis Rams when they redid the dome. We got punched in the mouth; Hannibal ran for over 300 yards on us and literally blew us out 55-6....never will forget that night. Our QB took a shot so hard that he walked off the field...to the other teams sidelines. When we got him back to our side, he passed the **** out....

All-time favorite memory happened to my buddy as I didn't play basketball; we were in the state play-offs with a chance to take home our first ever state title in bball...had the number 1 team in the state down by 5-10 most of the game; game was in sectionals but the road was easy the rest of the way....we miss from free throws and are up two with 5 seconds left...this guard named Kramer Sauderberg (sp?) who ends up playing D1 ball, takes the ball and nails a three as time expires...

That dude played good defense. That was a helluva shot.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have two.

My jr year, playing with Cornelius Ingram who was a senior, had one loss all year to the eventual district champs and lost home field advantage in the playoffs. ended up in sneeds Florida for our first round. Cold front came in the day before, game time temp was around 40 degrees. none of us even packed a long sleeve shirt let alone extra socks and the like. we left hawthorne at 70 degrees very early in the morning. FSU gave the entire team a tour of all the facilities on our way through, it was the year after Rix parked in a handicap spot and I had the balls to ask him where he parked when I saw him in passing. he acted like he didn't hear.
Anyway, we get to sneeds and it freezing ****in cold. I was the 3rd or so biggest guy on the field at 6'180lb and wasn't fast enough to go anywhere but the line. I must've gotten 5 or 6 holding calls. The tape showed them to be bad calls. The refs really raped us. I've always felt a little responsible for the loss. We were #1 in the state going in and lost in the first ****in round.

The other story is after graduating HS not even receiving a letter for baseball, I got a chance to tryout for sfcc in Gainesville. Tryout was tossing it around and a 5-10 minute bullpen session. I couldn't hit for the life of me to I went in as a pitcher I had decent stuff but nothing great. Ended up ****ing laying pipe in the pen. Hit 90 on the gun, I don't think the catcher had to move his feet at all. I got a call back chance. I'm chosen to throw first out of 10 guys or so, so that immediately makes me nervous that they may actually consider choosing me. For some reason I didn't mentally prepare to throw against actual batters. First pitch I try to break the sound barrier, plunk the guy right in the rib cage. I don't think I threw a strike for the next 10 pitches and they said that'll be all. Went home and cried like a b!tch.

The end of your story may be LOL. I startled my wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator