• Score

Votes: 101 93.5%
  • Fall down

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
If leading by 2 or more points, you score. If leading by only one point, you fall down.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Name and town? Why not my social, too?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Its easy to say score until a team gets that miracle win by scoring and getting the onside kick etc. Then the player would be branded an idiot for doing that.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If you score points you'll win. Tired of this passive, no aggressive BS.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We threw tangerines and blocks of ice at the Miami bench when Schellenberger ran up the score. So what'd he do? He ordered a FG with under two minutes.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think he should have stopped short but then again, I only fill my gas tank with enough gas for one trip so if my car catches fire it's minimized, I only buy enough groceries for one night so if my fridge breaks I only lose minimal groceries, and I never use the internet so that if NSA is watching they'll know where I live.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry but it's an absurd question. It's not as if we were up by 40. You always go for the score. Can you imagine the backlash if he doesn't and Vandy returns the kickoff for a score and gets the onside?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We threw tangerines and blocks of ice at the Miami bench when Schellenberger ran up the score. So what'd he do? He ordered a FG with under two minutes.
Use cantaloupes next time.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Use cantaloupes next time.

Never was able to make sense of the ice thing. How do you end up in possession of big chunks of ice at a football game, at the end of it no less?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Score, always take points, he takes a knee, they fumble the snap, vandy recovers and goes down to score, tied game, scoring made it a 2 possession game.

Butters&Nuss have an aversion for scoring, Mac immediately running up and down the sidelines saying he should have gone down shows the mentality he has, they are losers. Instead of showing some joy like the rest of the team and fans, he's looking like a clown running around saying he should have gone down.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I voted fall down (at the 1) because it's the safest way to ensure a win.

However, I am happy for him that he scored and I think that even Mac is too. I think in the moment Mac was being a smart head coach and looking for the best tactical option, but I bet that thought is balanced by the same thoughts the rest of us have. Namely...
  1. We scored and it would be very improbable that they would beat us.
  2. Davis is a true freshman and shouldn't be expected to understand in that moment what this kind of higher level tactic.
  3. Davis is a big reason that we won last week and this week.
  4. The team and offense were uplifted by it.
  5. It's an opportunity to teach and for him (and others) to experience this kind of situation and that's really valuable.
  6. This is college ball and I want all involved (players, coaches, fans) to be able to have more joy and enjoyment from the game than Pro Ball where the strategy and tight tolerances grind every ounce of fun out of the game.
  7. Ect. There are a couple of other really good reasons that I've forgotten while typing these. :lol2:
I'm happy for Davis and Gator Nation. Go Gators!

:chomp: :chomp:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We couldn't buy an offensive touchdown the first 7 quarters of the season and we're wondering out loud about whether he should have scored?? :lol2:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Butters&Nuss have an aversion for scoring, Mac immediately running up and down the sidelines saying he should have gone down shows the mentality he has, they are losers. Instead of showing some joy like the rest of the team and fans, he's looking like a clown running around saying he should have gone down.

You (and plenty of others on this board) are just looking to confirm your opinion. Mac is far from a conservative coach. He is aggressive with 4th down calls and it has paid off (9-1 in games decided by 7 points or fewer while at UF). Your first paragraph is reasonable, this one isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator