What the Puk?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He's just a bit raw. He will be a high pick based on his stuff and size, but as a college pitcher he's not going to wow you with stats for the most part

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That stat wows me. I thought he would've been our ace.

Not much baseball chatter on here. Braves suck.
He started out as our Friday nite arm but with the lack of consistency, Logan Shore took over. I believe Puk had an injury also.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
In 3 1/3 innings he walked 6 batters and hit another.

He has way more upside than anyone else on our staff. That's just potential though, he hasn't reached it yet

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's just a bit raw. He will be a high pick based on his stuff and size, but as a college pitcher he's not going to wow you with stats for the most part
He's been under O'Sullivan long enough that the word "raw" shouldn't be used (and personally, I think Sully is as good as there is at developing collegiate pitchers). Yes, he was injured early on, but I'd opine that his most obvious ailment is that the high draft potential you refer to in the following quote has maybe infected him.
He has way more upside than anyone else on our staff. That's just potential though, he hasn't reached it yet
He may have the lead in the phiysical measurement category, but if he has the proverbial 10 cent head to go with the 100 dollar arm, then the sooner he leaves, maybe the better for all concerned (hoping that isn't the case). Potential not reached is a commodity without value and he is in danger of being that guy if things don't change quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if he was demoted to a weekday starter and/or a relief role, for "rehab" if nothing else.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He's been under O'Sullivan long enough that the word "raw" shouldn't be used (and personally, I think Sully is as good as there is at developing collegiate pitchers). Yes, he was injured early on, but I'd opine that his most obvious ailment is that the high draft potential you refer to in the following quote has maybe infected him.

He may have the lead in the phiysical measurement category, but if he has the proverbial 10 cent head to go with the 100 dollar arm, then the sooner he leaves, maybe the better for all concerned (hoping that isn't the case). Potential not reached is a commodity without value and he is in danger of being that guy if things don't change quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if he was demoted to a weekday starter and/or a relief role, for "rehab" if nothing else.

I'm talking about strictly his pro potential. He's going to be a top 10 pick based off of potential, not performance. As for our rotation, I highly doubt he is bumped from the weekend rotation. If he is, I'm willing to bet he is back in there come regional time.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
That stat wows me. I thought he would've been our ace.

Not much baseball chatter on here. Braves suck.
He seemed to lose concentration after getting hosed on that 3-2 bad call walk. And then he was just all over the place which is his forte sometimes.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm talking about strictly his pro potential. He's going to be a top 10 pick based off of potential, not performance. As for our rotation, I highly doubt he is bumped from the weekend rotation. If he is, I'm willing to bet he is back in there come regional time.
So am I, which I think is a big part of what ails him. No, he may not get bumped, though I think it could be what he needs to tighten his strap mentally. Losing focus because of the umps, lack of offensive support, etc. doesn't help the club and quite frankly belies some baseball maturity issues as well as prioritization IMO. If he were to be bumped, I agree that he should be back by regionals at the latest.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Looking good so far in the top of the 8th by a score of 9-1.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Gatorsports win 40th game this season by winning the series against Tennessee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.