What will we see from Harballs?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Heard he's been working on a misdirection play he calls the "pick n' lick". It's got defensive coordinators cringing and shuddering.

harbaugh-slow.gif

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They gonna run it down our throat.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bets are he'll show up crunching merdivorously on an Italian imported bag of freeze-dried dung beetles.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, Hardbalz will try to play Powerball with his inexperienced starters. UF will need to load the box and make them throw. Be opportunistic on Defense, Protect whatever UF QB is playing. Should have no issues running with Scarlett and Perrine. Meatchicken's DLine is going to be a bit undersized and that should play to UF's advantage. The only major concern for me is UF's DLine. They're going to have to step up and play great. Really this game sets up well for Mac. You won't get a shot at Meatchicken with this young and inexperienced group of Wolverine starters.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Look if we don't have a functional QB this game could get us banned from appearing on national TV for the rest of the season. I'm not saying that because we'll get blown out I'm saying it because it might just be the most boring football game you'll ever see. Both punters will need to ice their legs after this one...They're breaking in something like 17-18 new starters(?) and we're searching for a pulse at QB. With both coaches favoring a conservative run and play defense style I see this game coming down to turnovers and possibly special teams play(you hear me talking Nord).....Eddie will be the games MVP and Gators win 16-14 on a FG with less than 2 minutes remaining.....Neither team will have the fire power to run away from the other at this point in the season unless someone just has stupid bad luck with turnovers.

Please don't put too much stock into this game would be my advice for our fans....Michigan won't be the same team in September that they will be in November. We on the other hand could be worse due to lack of depth on the defensive line and quality depth(playing time) at LB. Keep your fingers crossed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep on offense he will probably try to run the ball right down our throats and see if our defense will hold up or not.

On defense that DC blitzes like crazy and keeps blitzing even if you do burn them some for doing it.

I don't think their defense will be that vulnerable in the front 7 even with all the new starters. Hurst and Gary may end up being a 2 man wrecking crew on the D line and some other linemen are decent also with some experience. One of their returning LBs is one of those big run stuffers and close to 250 pounds. If we are able to really exploit this defense it will probably be in the passing game mostly not the running game as much.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yep on offense he will probably try to run the ball right down our throats and see if our defense will hold up or not
If he breaks our run defense and tires out our front 7 it will be a looonnggg season because once that feeling gets into tired players heads it will come back time and time again especially without serviceable rotation, and then injuries start and we all know how things go after that especially later in the season....On the other side of the ball we have got to keep from going 3 & out for long stretches in this game like we did in every game last year especially in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully not this

22265171234_de03184d57_o.gif

When you get the wind knocked out of you, pulling up on the belt helps you breathe again. Not sure why this is (maybe one of our resident docs can explain) but I can tell you from experience it works.

Though in this case, it looks like the pants are too stretchy for that technique to be effective.

Alex.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When you get the wind knocked out of you, pulling up on the belt helps you breathe again. Not sure why this is (maybe one of our resident docs can explain) but I can tell you from experience it works.

Though in this case, it looks like the pants are too stretchy for that technique to be effective.

Alex.
Yeah, it's happened to me on more than a few occasions. It's an uncomfortable feeling to be sure. You tend to make weird sounds trying to get your breath back.

I remember it happened to our QB in HS and he was trying to call a play before totally recovering from it and all that came out were beeps and squacks. I guess we should have been more concerned but all we could do was laugh at him.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
...... kinda' like this :lol:

So funny you posted that today, they mentioned it and played the sound clip again on Howard Stern this morning. He's played it a bunch before but it had been awhile. It's one of the best. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.