What's the worst Gator game you attended?

With a huge game on the line, which of these coaches would do the best job?

• Ron Zook

Votes: 61 76.3%
  • Will Muschamp

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Jim McElwain

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My first ever Gator game was the 1989 season opener against Ole Miss. It was a brutal, hideous loss, but at least I got to see Emmitt play.

Number 2 would be the 2002 LSU game. We lost 36-7. It was like at that point that we realized Spurrier being gone (and Zook being on the sideline) was going to be really, really bad.

Discuss.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No particular order top 3:

1. SECC game 1999. Went up on a trick play TD early and it was the only score we had all game.

2. SECC game 2009. Tebow cried and Urban faked a Fred Sanford. Sad.

3. at USC 2005. Urban's first year, first time UF played SOS, and lost. Cock fans trying to talk smack on the way out, to which I answered, where did your coach go to school, win a Heisman as a player and a natty as a coach. Sure as hell not here!

OurProgramIsBroken

Oct 29, 2017
2010 USC in the swamp, we win, we play for SEC Championship. The game was over by half. Marcus Lattimore embarrassed us. God was smiling down on the gamecocks that night

2014 mizzou, game was over after the opening kick

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Freshman year, 1982. Georgia game. We went into that game way, way over confident. Peace had been on the cover of SI, we'd beaten tough Auburn, USC and Miami teams, and we all just knew we'd kill no. 3 Georgia. The back of everyone's car had a "Hershel Eats Quiche" sign on it. It was our year, we all knew it, we were finally going to beat these turkeys.

Well Hershel "Eats Quiche" Walker rushed for 219 yards against us and 3TDs before sitting down for good in the third quarter. I watched our team get dominated in every phase of the game, physically outmuscled at every position, on their way to a 44-0 humiliation.

The game was played in a driving, freezing cold rain. I know this because I lost my voice at the end of the third quarter singing "We are the Boys" in the stands nearly alone. After the game, the humiliation continued as huge Georgia farm boys shoved and heckled my 118 lbs ass on the way out of the stadium.

Nothing, my friends, nothing, is more important to me in this world than a victory over UGA. We could lose 11 games this year and beat Georgia and I would consider that a great season. I hate them worse than the devil hates Jesus.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rutgers 1985, Florida ranked #3 jumped out to a 28-7 lead in the 3rd qtr. Galen Hall takes out Kerwin Bell and inserts Rodney Brewer at QB who promptly throws a pick six he also threw another int and had a fumble allowing Rutgers to tie the game 28-28 which is how it ended, no OT back then.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Florida - Georgia 1980. It was the first college football game i experienced in person.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The first game that came to mind was the Tennessee game in 2003.
This was Zook's second year and he no longer had Grossman to cover his ineptitude.
It was about 150 degrees that day for a noon start and we floundered our way through the game scoring only 3 points.
A bonus moment was when the defense gave up a Hail Mary for a touchdown as the first half came to an end.
When my wife and I walked back to the car, we truly realized what a cluster the program had quickly become.

VERY depressing day

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gators vs the testicle lickers/crotch sniffers... '80, '82 pretty much watching Herschel run over our guys like they were boys... throw in going back to the hotel to listen to humans barking? Damn I hated that run of there's.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
The Swindle in the Swamp and the Choke at Doak. Those two games were so bad they have names. The ‘94 game was an awful game, and afterwards we came out to the parking lot to find my friend’s car windshield had been smashed out and some d-bag had keyed “FSU” into the hood. Worst ride back to Gainesville ever. I hate that **** hole city, that crappy stadium, and that cheating, woman-beating bunch of clowns beyond any words I can articulate.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
2003 @ Miami. 33-10 lead squandered by the Zooker. Topped off with a Berlin throat slash.

:facepalm:

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
2003 @ Miami. 33-10 lead squandered by the Zooker. Topped off with a Berlin throat slash.

:facepalm:

Ugh, yes, I’d forgotten that one. I’ve been to so many great Gator games since ‘91(not sure how many exactly, but it’s got to be close to 100). With so many fond memories, you forget there were some really crappy ones, too.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m going to go with 85 Rutgers. Up 28-7 midway third quarter, tied at 28-28, Galen pulls Bell for Rodney Brewer. Unbelievable!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1. Georgia Southern loss 2013
2. Tennessee 2009 - that game was hot and boooooooring

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The first game that came to mind was the Tennessee game in 2003.
This was Zook's second year and he no longer had Grossman to cover his ineptitude.
It was about 150 degrees that day for a noon start and we floundered our way through the game scoring only 3 points.
A bonus moment was when the defense gave up a Hail Mary for a touchdown as the first half came to an end.
When my wife and I walked back to the car, we truly realized what a cluster the program had quickly become.

VERY depressing day

And to think how much better Zook was than Butters

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
1994 Auburn. Spirrier’s first SEC home loss. Broke run at #1 in the country. Frank Sanders over Gilmore was about 40 yards in front of me with 30 seconds to go. It was all set up by SOS screwing up game management with the same ego that made him great. 1:30 left, 3rd and 29. Run the ball, run clock, punt, and we likely win. We threw longish over the middle for a pick and set up Auburn in Gator territory. SOS said after it was supposed to be a corner route (better, but still suspect call). Crushing ending.

Swindle in the Swamp and the UT hurricane game also come to mind as worst ones I attended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb