What's your biggest concern for the 2014 team?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Offensive line

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Improvement from Driskel on his decision making. I love the guy and think he has loads of natural talent, but when he gets pressured, in the past he hasn't made the best decisions consistently.

In All Kinds Of Weather

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The offense not being able to score. Obviously I'm optimistic that Roper can fix it, but the offense has been terrible and I just want to see the ball thrown down field, explosive plays being made, and points being scored.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel "Driskeling" - I think Roper will give us the chance to be decent on offense but will Driskel finally have any field awareness.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I'll go more general and say point production. I don't care how we score, but we have to break Muschamp's cycle of putting us at the bottom of production nationally. It crosses multiple positions and coaches, so there you go.

Thomas Goldkamp

Jul 18, 2014
t-gator;n24330 said:
Offensive line

This is the one that worries me the most too, but I'll even narrow it down further. Health of the offensive line. Florida doesn't want to have to find out if its backups are any good. If the Gators get to that point where they're starting a No. 7 or No. 8 in the rotation, it's going to be major trouble, IMO. I think the starting five can be serviceable if everyone can stay healthy.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thomas Goldkamp said:
t-gator;n24330 said:
Offensive line

This is the one that worries me the most too, but I'll even narrow it down further. Health of the offensive line. Florida doesn't want to have to find out if its backups are any good. If the Gators get to that point where they're starting a No. 7 or No. 8 in the rotation, it's going to be major trouble, IMO. I think the starting five can be serviceable if everyone can stay healthy.
Agreed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thomas Goldkamp said:
t-gator;n24330 said:
Offensive line

I think we are good to about # 7 but if we lose two we will be hurting there.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oline for sure...gotta have them stay healthy and i think the offense can take care of itself. We have a solid stable of RB that i think can produce (we know Taylor can) and i truly believe that if our Oline performs that Driskel will play much better. I'm not sure he'll ever be a great QB making reads and having the touch to be a true passer but i think in this style of offense he can find success.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
O line depth. A couple injuries could cripple us.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have 2 that I think can be equally bad. #1 The health of the O line and #2 the health of the Db's, contrary to some on this board we are thin at Db in both experience and depth.

Jeramey

Aug 5, 2014
NavetG8r;n24332 said:
Improvement from Driskel on his decision making. I love the guy and think he has loads of natural talent, but when he gets pressured, in the past he hasn't made the best decisions consistently.

What he said. I think the offensive line will be good this year. Hard to think they will have as many injuries as last year. Roper spreading the field out more will also make it harder for teams to blitz every down like they did against us last year which will help the O-Line, esspecially if McGee turns out to be a threat from the TE position. I think the tallent is all around Jeff and he has the athletisism to be great, he just has to be able to put the ball in a catchable spot and not make bad decisions.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
skinnyquinton said:
Offensive line. Or maybe the ShoutBox not being large enough.:scratchchin:
I thought it was a chatter box?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Offensive Line with pancake blocking/movement and protection. We've sucked and sucked hard for what feels like a decade despite the yearly strength of our team coach speak ad nausea. Can we get a little Great Wall of Florida action again before I die? thank you. Go Gators!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.