When did you become a Gators fan?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Grew up in a family with zero college connections and my dad cared more about hunting on weekends than football. Started watching on my own in 92 and the Gators were on tv every week. Spurrier drew me in and it was fun being the only Gator fan in a UGA town.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
1970. I was five. Dad took me to a game. He bought me a pennant that day which I somehow lost about 15 years later. I would so love to still have that on the wall.

A few years later we were at another game and the woman in front of me turned around and told me I was too young to have an ulcer. I had the fever young.

Back then dad would park by the loading dock at the old bookstore.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Granddad was a Gator, Grandmom is a Gator, Dad is a Gator, Mom is a Gator, I'm a Gator. There was never another team.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My brother was going to UF after the Air Force in 1954. He came home to Jacksonville for the weekend and took me to the Clemson game at the old Gator Bowl in October I think. I was 9 years old and mostly into baseball. Gators lost but I was hooked forever! Jackie Simpson and Jimmy Rountree era....further solidified in fall of 1962, my freshman year at UF. My wife and I were sitting on the 50 yard line (in the card section) when Spurrier kicked the field goal....wife was friends with and had classes with Jerri.

We haven't played to our potential since Mullen left and it has been hard on this oldtimer....I'm hoping he brings some magic back immediately!.....and don't talk to me about that abomination of an offense called by Dumbazzio in Tim's senior year....it was like a Lamborghini with 4 flat tires even though the record was good. We only lost 4 players off the 2008 championship team's top 44....Trautwein, Murphy, Percy and one other and the offense just went to shiit because of Addazzio.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I figured like most ppl his grammar sucked...on a more important note...what are oxbucks?
You use them to enter raffles. So what are you waiting for? There's an active raffle right now that ends in a week.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
A lot of cranky old Gators!
quite the contrary. Im older than most in the PF and elsewhere and the youngest ones (least amount of perspective) are much angrier than me about gator stuff...........but then again as one will rush in here to say that I approve of mediocrity..........
.on a more important note...what are oxbucks?
something like fairy dust but less tangible............
It is worth the while of every Gator fan to click on the link and read it. I wish we had more athletes and men today like Chuck Hunsinger.
great find there, Joe. I remember seeing his name in those old programs from the 60s. Wish I still had one.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
...and the youngest ones (least amount of perspective) are much angrier than me about gator stuff...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

Tell Emmitt I said “Hey!” and that we really do love him!

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All the really good mass murderers are from Wisconsin.
The women up there are homely as sin. The only thing you can do during the winter is drink PBR and ice fish in sub-zero weather for fish that are even smaller than the ones Ox catches. It's enough to turn anyone into a sociopathic murderer.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The women up there are homely as sin. The only thing you can do during the winter is drink PBR and ice fish in sub-zero weather for fish that are even smaller than the ones Ox catches. It's enough to turn anyone into a sociopathic murderer.
That's why Wisconsin's Jeffrey Dahmer simply went for dudes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator