Which Would You Rather?

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
Thought this might make for some good discussion.

Which would you rather have this upcoming year?

A) Another strong season on the field (10+ wins, win the East, etc.), but another disappointing recruiting class?

B) Or, do we struggle on the field this year, but have a Top 5 class?

Obviously, no one WANTS us to struggle on the field. That goes without saying.

But in everyone's opinion, which would be more encouraging regarding the direction of the program under Mac, A or B?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
C) Foley fired

^ if you're really looking for discussion, that would do it

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
+10 win season with a rock toting rumbling backfield and receivers hauling in trigger pulling QB play = Recruits clamoring to get on board. Of course, a Gator always expects his/her Defense to hold their own :grin:

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
I guess I shouldn't have made it a "which would you rather" have type of question / post.

The point is which of the two would have you feeling the most encouraged about Mac and the direction of the program?

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
Neither of those choices would inspire optimism.

Winning 10 games for the second season in a row wouldn't make you feel good about Mac? When the two seasons prior we won a combined 11 games?

A Top 5 recruiting class wouldn't be encouraging to you either?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
2 warmup wins establishing a Spurrier type offense with excellent QB.
Then 10 straight blow-out wins with top 5 Offense, top 5 Defense.
All followed by a top 3 recruited class.

After that ... a 25 win basketball season.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely another 10 or 11 win season with a trip to Atlanta. Especially if it includes a win over the Dwags and Clowns. Class overall rankings are overrated. I think having a great class on paper gives you a better chance to have great players, but it's not always the case.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely another 10 or 11 win season with a trip to Atlanta. Especially if it includes a win over the Dwags and Clowns. Class overall rankings are overrated. I think having a great class on paper gives you a better chance to have great players, but it's not always the case.

^this
or as my sig succinctly states...

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Thought this might make for some good discussion.

Which would you rather have this upcoming year?

A) Another strong season on the field (10+ wins, win the East, etc.), but another disappointing recruiting class?

B) Or, do we struggle on the field this year, but have a Top 5 class?

Obviously, no one WANTS us to struggle on the field. That goes without saying.

But in everyone's opinion, which would be more encouraging regarding the direction of the program under Mac, A or B?
This was by far the worst 10 win season in program history with a total collapse ending culminating in by far the worst Gator Bowl loss ever, a record that Mack will likely hold forever. So I would hope for better performance on the field, which wasn't one of your options I realize.

It's too early to rate this class, but it would be nice not to miss on so many top in-state targets.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Winning 10 games for the second season in a row wouldn't make you
Would you rather have a pretty spouse who won't have sex or an ugly spouse who is crazy in bed? It's a silly dichotomy.

Nothing about signing a mediocre class (by SEC standards) suggests we are in for some special year. One of the major reasons teams like aTm and Tinerc are mediocre is because they sign classes like the one we just signed.

You seem impressed with two 10 win seasons. It could mean we are on the right path if we follow up with a monster recruiting class (basically impossible unless we run off some of our Trash) or it could mean we hired version of Mark Richt who can't recruit. I know "ten wins" used to be the standard for a good year, but its been really watered down by the two additional games they have added (cupcakes for us) over the last 15 years. A 10-4 season today is an 8-4 season in the 90s.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This was by far the worst 10 win season in program history with a total collapse ending culminating in by far the worst Gator Bowl loss ever, a record that Mack will likely hold forever. So I would hope for better performance on the field, which wasn't one of your options I realize.

It's too early to rate this class, but it would be nice not to miss on so many top in-state targets.

I guess you weren't around for the '96 Fiesta Bowl. Getting blown out in a National Championship game that we were confident we'd win vs losing a 2nd tier bowl game that we had very little chance of winning. The Fiesta Bowl was far more embarrassing.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I guess you weren't around for the '96 Fiesta Bowl. Getting blown out in a National Championship game that we were confident we'd win vs losing a 2nd tier bowl game that we had very little chance of winning. The Fiesta Bowl was far more embarrassing.
I wasn't counting NC Games, but no doubt, that was our worst beatdown in a championship game. If you want to consider 2015 Citrus Bowl our second worst beatdown it doesn't really change the point much.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
A.)How about we just start off with being more than functional the entire season on offense?
B.) Can we get back to beating the livin' schmit out of the cupcakes on our schedule?.....which btw includes everyone in the East Division.
C.) Can we beat our biggest recruiting rival on the field instead of crapping our pants 6 out of the last 7 times?
These 3 things will give you the only answer you're looking for.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.