Who’s ponying up to pay for this place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I only stumbled upon this place in 2021. I was instantly hooked and paid the "lifetime" membership on my first or second visit. It was too good to be true, as i thought at the time. So be it. I never intended the owner to be my indentured servant. Times change.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No disrespect meant here at all and I'm only speaking for myself.

I've raised three daughters on the value of their words and doing what you say you're going to do; this is integrity. Your words are only worth something if they can be trusted. If you say you're going to do something, then do it. When someone shows you their word is worth nothing, then don't invest a dime in them. There's a reason it's worthless.

I honestly don't care what anyone else thinks of my decision. However, I'd be a hypocrite to instill these lessons in my kids, only to turn around and throw more money at a guy who once upon a time sold me on a lifetime membership which included access to this board with no ads, access to locked parts of the forum, his undying love and gratitude, and the promise of never again being asked for another dime. It's not about the paltry $60/year, which is why I've turned down multiple offers from other posters to pay my way. I'll simply invest in someone else who stands by their word. No hard feelings.
Just my take.......... I'm sure you've never broke your word or changed your mind.

I'm sure your daughters haven't either....... :bananadance2:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@I Have No Friends :(
I understand, but I don't think ox is being deceitful. The bottom line it seems is that since there aren't hardly any new people showing up, the choices are simply ask people to commit to a new model despite what was agreed to before, or to honor the original lifetime agreement but also have to shut the place down. I think the choice is for the least worst option. We'll miss you.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
People acting like their pensions getting cancelled.
I understand that times are HARD for many people but they still find a way to buy their smokes , beer and ammo....:bananawave:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
My contributions go beyond money. :D
I just think a lot of people are not going to pay. They would rather have a free forum with ads.
I'm just thinking of an alternative. I know how to to do all of the technical work and I have everything I need to do it. I have done it before.
It’s a pretty douche thing to suggest IMO

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
We'll miss you.
Eddie Murphy Whatever GIF by Coming to America

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
No disrespect meant here at all and I'm only speaking for myself.

I've raised three daughters on the value of their words and doing what you say you're going to do; this is integrity. Your words are only worth something if they can be trusted. If you say you're going to do something, then do it. When someone shows you their word is worth nothing, then don't invest a dime in them. There's a reason it's worthless.

I honestly don't care what anyone else thinks of my decision. However, I'd be a hypocrite to instill these lessons in my kids, only to turn around and throw more money at a guy who once upon a time sold me on a lifetime membership which included access to this board with no ads, access to locked parts of the forum, his undying love and gratitude, and the promise of never again being asked for another dime. It's not about the paltry $60/year, which is why I've turned down multiple offers from other posters to pay my way. I'll simply invest in someone else who stands by their word. No hard feelings.
What a salty little bytch

greengatah

Sep 1, 2018
I will pay
Ok, let’s see who’s gonna pay to frequent this joint moving forward. I’m not gonna pay $60 to only have the tin foil hat brigade jerking each other off non-stop in the PF, but if enough of the regulars decide to stay I’d be more than happy to do it.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Maybe the Premium sub will allow you to cuss and see nips
Excited Season 9 GIF by Friends
Like Hunter Biden, some of us are coming down from a massive strip-club and crack habit. 14 years of losing football takes it toll on a man. This place makes for a soft-core landing. But we gots to keep it edgy, especially for $5 bucks a month.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
For me the reality is simple....I've got no other place to go(CFB forums)and I've run out of alternative IP addresses to re sign up for the ones I've been kicked out of :lol2:....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator