Who do we get to replace Summers?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is clear that Summers needs to go. The OL has seen little to no improvement. David Sharp who is a 5* recruit gets killed. Ivey hasn't shown us anything he was the top OL in the nation!

My thought is that Jeff Grimes from LSU will most likely be looking for a new place to coach. He is an SEC guy who is recruiting top talent at OL already, so he has relationships that we could use!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Grimes

Any other potential candidates?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fire him now and replace him with Brett Ingalls.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sharpe is hearing about it too much because they showed him getting beat on that speed rush against Tennessee during the broadcast. Watching some tape of our first few games its our current Guards that have the biggest issues not the Tackles since Taylor took over for Johnson. Many of those blowups have been blocking TEs getting owned not the Tackles.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sharpe is hearing about it too much because they showed him getting beat on that speed rush against Tennessee during the broadcast. Watching some tape of our first few games its our current Guards that have the biggest issues not the Tackles since Taylor took over for Johnson. Many of those blowups have been blocking TEs getting owned not the Tackles.

What do you expect? They're all about 220-240lbs.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What do you expect? They're all about 220-240lbs.

Many were pretty bad and really stuck out however. With how much we like to use TEs in that situation you would think they would have them a little better prepared to handle a blitzing LB. I agree our TEs are on the small side.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sharpe is hearing about it too much because they showed him getting beat on that speed rush... Many of those blowups have been blocking TEs getting owned not the Tackles.
Those are generally blown assignments if there isnt an inside blitz. I assure the call isnt for a guard and a tackle to double team the DT (or tackle,guard, and center to triple team) and leave the TE to handle the DE one on one. The TE is usually there to chip the DE in case the DE tries a speed rush outside. Sharpe has been making the wrong reads, Im relatively sure.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Should be a few "for credit" courses at UF in a "science" that is based on the smaller man
toppling the bigger man. That would be the basics of Ju Jitsu, all about body balance and
redirecting forces. I even believe Ju Jitsu instructs in "legal" use of the hands. Also, I bet our
strength & conditioning coach neglects strengthening the fingers for a dominant grip ?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Summers is at fault at all. Look what he has had to work with. Basically left over lineman with no quality depth thanks to Muschamp recruiting zero

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'll say it right now and I've said it before....Sharpe is decent in pass protection but is soooofffttt in run blocking. Ivey looks as lost 18 games into his career here as he did in his 3rd.....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Summers is at fault at all. Look what he has had to work with. Basically left over lineman with no quality depth thanks to Muschamp recruiting zero

Are you saying he's free from blame on recruiting? So he sat there and said "oh, you're not recruiting anyone, cool"? Or was/is he part of the problem? We've been passing the buck around here for years. Always excusing the current guy. All that is over.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm ok with it so long as he isn't one of the basketball coaches we hired to be on the football staff.

HOWEVER, realize that the QC assistants review the film and do a lion's share of the prep work for the game plan. He may be part of the problem. I'd feel better about hiring one of Bammer's QC assistants until ours prove they know something about winning.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm ok with it so long as he isn't one of the basketball coaches we hired to be on the football staff.

HOWEVER, realize that the QC assistants review the film and do a lion's share of the prep work for the game plan. He may be part of the problem. I'd feel better about hiring one of Bammer's QC assistants until ours prove they know something about winning.

Couldn't be worse.

Well, it just keeps getting worse so that's probably not accurate...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'd take the Graduate Assistant at Alabama over that clown!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

He was OL coach under Muschamp. He recruited these guys

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I dont see how LSU 'oline coach isn't retained by the next staff but he would be my first choice. I wouldn't wanna replace from within. Also, auburn is gonna be canning malzoun too. Who ever coaches the oline there has done a good job and would probably come with 5star Calvin Ashley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.