Who in the world would want to play for Greg Nord?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
http://floridagators.com/watch/?Archive=4708
How did this guy get a job at a big time program? No wonder he can't recruit w' the way he talks. Geez, this guy has to go!!!
Let me see if I get this. You want this position coach to be better on video, get rid of the slow southern drawl and that will make him a better coach.
smfh..............this aint glamor magazine its football. I could care less what he looks like or how talks. I just want him to coach em up. Have you EVER listened to or watched Orgeron. Sounds like he came straight out of a bayou. The arrogance in here is so thick you could swear you were at a Palm Beach social and a local from the other side of 95 just walked in..............I think I need a shower.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
COACHING EXPERIENCE
2015-Present Florida Tight Ends/Special Teams Coordinator
2014 Western Kentucky Running Backs
2011-12 Kentucky Tight Ends/Special Teams
2010 Illinois Tight Ends
2009 Louisville Running Backs
2007-08 Louisville Tight Ends
2003-06 Louisville Asst. Head Coach/Running Backs/Tight Ends
1998-2002 Louisville Tight Ends
1995-97 Louisville Running Backs
1992-94 Georgia Tech Running Backs
1990-91 East Carolina Running Backs
1982-89 Kentucky Running Backs
1981 Kentucky Assistant Coach
1979-80 Kentucky Graduate Assistant

COACHING ACCOMPLISHMENTS
  • Under Nord’s direction in 2015, senior Jake McGee and sophomore DeAndre Goolsby were one of six FBS tight end duos, and the only pair of Gator tight ends since 1996 to each finish a campaign with 275-plus receiving yards and one receiving touchdown.
  • McGee finished the 2015 season with AP Second-Team All-SEC honors.
  • Helped lead tight end Jordan Aumiller to Freshman All-American honors by Phil Steele and punter Ryan Tydlacka earned Second-Team All-SEC honors by Rivals.com at Kentucky in 2011.
  • At Louisville, Nord spent time in various roles on the offensive side of the ball and enjoyed tremendous success guiding the Cardinals' skill positions. In 2006, Nord coached former Hilltopper running backs coach Kolby Smith, the team's leading rusher with 862 yards and freshman Anthony Allen, who led the team with 13 touchdowns.
  • In 2005, Michael Bush led the country in scoring and was a first-team All-BIG EAST performer. Bush was a fourth-round selection by the Oakland Raiders and Smith was drafted in the fifth round by the Kansas City Chiefs.
  • In 2004, Nord helped lead the Cardinal rushing attack to a school-record 3,005 yards, and a school record-tying 20 rushing touchdowns by Eric Shelton. With Nord at the helm of the running backs, the Cardinals set a school mark for rushing touchdowns with 47.
  • In his first three seasons as tight ends coach, Nord watched Ibn Green become a two-time All-American while etching his name in the NCAA record books as the NCAA Division I-A all-time leader in receptions by a tight end. Green completed his U of L career as the program's No. 2 all-time receiver with 217 catches.
  • Nord also tutored two NFL tight ends in 2003 in Ronnie Ghent and Richard Owens. Ghent became the first Conference USA player at any position to earn first-team all-conference honors for all four years.
  • Coached two All-Atlantic Coast Conference selections while at Georgia Tech, Dorsey Levens and William Bell.

PROMINENT PLAYERS COACHED
LOUISVILLE

• RB MICHAEL BUSH – 2005 NCAA scoring leader and named First-Team All-BIG EAST. Drafted in the fourth round by the Oakland Raiders.
  • RB KOLBY SMITH – 2006 team leader with 862 rushing yards. Drafted in the fifth round by the Kansas City Chiefs.
  • TE IBN GREEN – Two-time All-American and set NCAA for receptions by a tight end in a career.
  • TE RONNIE GHENT – First-ever four-time All-Conference USA selection. Was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles in 2004 and went on to spend nine seasons in the NFL.

GEORGIA TECH
  • RB DORSEY LEVENS – First-Team All-ACC selection in 1993 who was drafted in the fifth round by the Green Bay Packers.
  • RB WILLIAM BELL Ranks eighth on the school’s all-time rushing list with 2,026 yards. Played three seasons with the Washington Redskins in the NFL.

NFL PLAYERS (ROUND DRAFTED)
RB George Adams (1st) – Kentucky ’85 – New York Giants
RB Marc Logan (5th) – Kentucky ’87 – Cincinnati Bengals
RB Mark Higgs (8th) – Kentucky ’88 – Dallas Cowboys
RB Ivy Joe Hunter (7th) – Kentucky ’89 – Indianapolis Colts
RB Dorsey Levens (5th) – Georgia Tech ’94 – Green Bay Packers
RB Frank Moreau (4th) – Louisville ’00 – Kansas City Chiefs
RB Lionel Gates (7th) – Louisville ’05 – Buffalo Bills
RB Eric Shelton (2nd) – Louisville ’05 – Carolina Panthers
RB Kolby Smith (5th) – Louisville ’07 – Kansas City Chiefs
RB Michael Bush (4th) – Louisville ’07 – Oakland Raiders
TE Gary Barnidge (5th) – Louisville ’08 – Carolina Panthers
RB Bilal Powell (4th) – Louisville ’11 – New York Jets
TE Jake McGee (UFA) – Florida ’16 – Carolina Panthers

PLAYING CAREER
Played center, tight end and long snapper for Kentucky from 1974-78. Was a three-year letterwinner at UK and a member of the school’s 1976 SEC Championship team

Personal Information
Birth date: April 3, 1956
Hometown: Louisville, Ky.
Education: 1980 – University of Kentucky
Family: He and his wife, Donna, have two daughters, Amy and Angie, and five grandchildren (Luke, Nolan, Gregory, Elizabeth, Collin)
Lots of coaching experience. Old guy from Kentucky. Played on UK's last sec title team. I can see why you guys look down on him. THis is the ,"who can we blame for our misery today and denigrate with our brilliant repertiore of hillbilly insults" club. But I have to say thank you. When I get pissed or interested I start learning stuff. Being old and talking slow from Kentucky does not mean you are low intelligence or ignorant. But most of you actually know that...............I hope.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Lots of coaching experience. Old guy from Kentucky. Played on UK's last sec title team. I can see why you guys look down on him. THis is the ,"who can we blame for our misery today and denigrate with our brilliant repertiore of hillbilly insults" club. But I have to say thank you. When I get pissed or interested I start learning stuff. Being old and talking slow from Kentucky does not mean you are low intelligence or ignorant. But most of you actually know that...............I hope.

Easy now coach! You're going to wrinkle your aarp card getting so worked up! Let me get this straight, you teach elementary correct? So you deal w' elementary kids daily. I coach high school athletics in a very good community w' too much success to mention here. So I deal w' high school kids on a daily basis. If this guy comes to recruit one of our kids it would be over. Not by my accord, but by these modern day kids who think they are the greatest to ever play. We are even in TN and would think this guy is a joke. The sad part is that I have some really good, respectful kids too! No wonder this guy can't recruit, he sounds like an idiot. He probably isn't an idiot but he sounds like one. Thats a fact! This guy is over the top, w' his "slow southern drawl". Also he has been a special teams coordinator 1 time in his coaching career. So don't act like this guy is some great coach. Our ST suck, actually they are worse than I have ever seen them. This guy needs to be canned, not because he played Lenny in "Of Mice and Men", but because no kid from an urban area would take him serious and that our ST are pathetic!

I usually like what you post but acting like this guy can coach is a shock to me. You're smarter than that!

Go Gators!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I didnt say he could coach I said that is what I want from a coach.........I could care less how he talks. Im guessing there are some rural kids that understand his way of talking. btw our star for the spec teams besides the kicker went out for the year right before the first game.......

GatorRaz

Dec 12, 2014
Wow, a dislike from a guy named banjomanrb3. Ha must be related to Nord!

GatorRaz

Dec 12, 2014
i dont see the dislike..........on the first page you mean

Yeah its on the first. I don't mind your dislike because you get it when it comes to the Gators. You're down to earth and you don't jump off a cliff when things get rocky. We all want the program to be the best, however some people want a new coach when he wins 9 or 10 games.
That guy has 6 messages. He's a joke.

Coach do you really believe that this guy Nord is helping our program. I agree w' your statement about Massey being a huge loss, but it's like we can't block for a KO return or even come close to blocking a punt. I can only imagine what kids think about this guy on the recruiting trail.

Go Gators

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This guy is my project now. Gonna read more about him and pay close attention to the STs. The tight ends seem to be catching the ball well but none are really TE size. It seems we get few chances at KO returns and I guess our punt returner is on LSD.............

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
and I guess our punt returner is on LSD.............
No, I don't think so. I think he was probably on some pain medication that muddied his thinking @UT. He probably shouldn't even have been playing in that game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What do you expect for a lousy $400,000 a year?

If he could actually coach, none of us would care what he sounds like. It's obvious he cannot.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
For someone who cannot coach his resume says a lot of different places disagreed. And he coached up some pretty successful players.......there is that. But I guess Saban, Herman and Urban didnt hire him so he is dirt dumb and a disaster

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
For someone who cannot coach his resume says a lot of different places disagreed. And he coached up some pretty successful players.......there is that. But I guess Saban, Herman and Urban didnt hire him so he is dirt dumb and a disaster
The guy can definitely coach. Petrino had him around for years as ahc, rb and te coach. That speaks for itself on his coaxhing ability. He just cant recruit at all. We need to replace him with a coach that can coach and recruit.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

No disrespect coach, but his resume says to me a lot of lateral moves with a lot of different spots (recently at least). Maybe all he's ever wanted to be is a position coach, or maybe him being clearly uncomfortable in front of the mic has limited his career growth...or maybe he has "Peter Principled" and reached one step above his highest level of competence".

I don't want Peter Principle guys. I want guys who are a risk to leave because they are climbing the career ladder, and doing so because of results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator