Who in the world would want to play for Greg Nord?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If that guy......and/or Summers are still on this staff next year McElwain might as well pack it up. He won't last with coaches like that on his staff. Along w/ being terrible football coaches they are terrible recruiters. Dead-weight and they BOTH need to go.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
I didn't even make it to 15 seconds.

How does this guy even have a job? He reminds me of Reverand Jim (Christopher Lloyd) from "Taxi" sitcom (too old for most of you but a great series nonetheless).

Is he related to McElwain by marriage? Did he catch Mac doing unspeakable things to Montana livestock and therefore have a job for life with him?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
nRzeDwD.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think it moved a little.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why but I felt sympathetic for Nord after watching that. It's a bad feeling to want people fired when you think of it on a personal level. Wish all our coaches were homerun hires but we all know that's not going to happen and firings are a fact of life

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I feel bad saying this because he seems like a nice guy but that was beyond uncomfortable to watch.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
While he seems like a good person and he might be a fine teacher he has no ability to recruit or motivate.

Summers and Nord to the support staff... Nuss and Collins hopefully take jobs elsewhere or get fired and we replace all 4 with high energy great recruiters

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, what did I just watch? My buddy coaches junior high in Green Cove Springs and could talk circles around Nord. Seriously, how can this be the guy in charge of something as important as special teams? Wow!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow, what did I just watch? My buddy coaches junior high in Green Cove Springs and could talk circles around Nord. Seriously, how can this be the guy in charge of something as important as special teams? Wow!

I think you're way off base here. Hearing his eloquent breakdown of a punter's long-range leg being an asset, while simultaneously cautioning that over kicking might present equal danger isn't just about football. The metaphorical element, which could even apply to men and the women they choose to pursue relative to their own looks, is a real life lesson. He's on to something here. Sorry that some of you can't grasp that.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I watched all of the Belichick one. :lol:
Me too...I'm ashamed to admit that I made it 1:30 into the Nord interview...quickly looked that there was over 5 minutes left and quickly shut that down.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know why but I felt sympathetic for Nord after watching that. It's a bad feeling to want people fired when you think of it on a personal level. Wish all our coaches were homerun hires but we all know that's not going to happen and firings are a fact of life
TRASHtrain, its obvious you love losers.

This guy coaches football for a living. How bad does he have it? He d be on the clean up crew at JiffyLube otherwise.

I dont think he has a clue about special teams, and I dont think he thinks he has a clue about STs. I think he just drew the short straw and no other coach on this team wanted it either.

Edit:. I got about 20 seconds in. :headslap:It was worse than I ever imagined.

Do they think sending Nord and Summers out to do these interviews that last two weeks helps them in anyway? I guess someone does.

No wonder we get our tail cleaned in recruiting.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
TRASHtrain, its obvious you love losers.

This guy coaches football for a living. How bad does he have it? He d be on the clean up crew at JiffyLube otherwise.

I dont think he has a clue about special teams, and I dont think he thinks he has a clue about STs. I think he just drew the short straw and no other coach on this team wanted it either.

Edit:. I got about 20 seconds in. :headslap:It was worse than I ever imagined.

Do they think sending Nord and Summers out to do these interviews that last two weeks helps them in anyway? I guess someone does.

I never said he doesn't deserve to be fired, just that I feel bad for him. Seems like a good guy and you may be right about the STs comment.

I'm sure he and Summers will be gone soon.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
So we hired Forrest Gump to be our special teams coach? :scratchhead:

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Compare playing for that guy versus an Urban Meyer or even a Ron Zook. It's no wonder why we've seen such a drop from what we are all used to.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He actually said this:

When you catch it on the hop where you normally would have had a fair catch takes away from your return average.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
he might be a good coach but he shouldn't stay in the truck on the recruiting trail.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Agree. Who at the UAA thought it would be a good idea to post this up? They should do their best to hide this guy in the back and hope no one notices.

We have a laundry list of coaches that need to go, but Nord & Summers have to be at the top. I read a blog where they feel Summers will be kept on because he signed a 2-year contract in the off-season. That $400K (or whatever he's making) will be well worth the loss in replacing him with someone competent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I never said he doesn't deserve to be fired, just that I feel bad for him. Seems like a good guy and you may be right about the STs comment.

I'm sure he and Summers will be gone soon.
You can only have so many heehaws on one. team.

.:butters:

Imagine that guy recruiting vs Trob or even Ed Ogre.

Im not at all sure Summers will be gone. We desperately need an upgrade at DC, WR and a few other position coaches. Im not even going to say OC bc Im pretty sure Mac calls the plays.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator