Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when all the mullenites were saying this wouldn't be a big deal and that our offense would be just as good as it was in 2020.
Pretty clear drop off. I can't help but think we'd be getting more out of qb's aswell. As hard as it to believe, recruiting has gotten worse. I've gone back and forth on who I like better between him and Brady but I'm gonna give Johnson the nod. Johnson's a proven recruiter and has more experience as qbcoach/oc.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty clear drop off. I can't help but think we'd be getting more out of qb's aswell. As hard as it to believe, recruiting has gotten worse. I've gone back and forth on who I like better between him and Brady but I'm gonna give Johnson the nod. Johnson's a proven recruiter and has more experience as qbcoach/oc.

Unfortunately whom ever comes here is gonna get the schit end of the stick. Mullen is a worse plague than Muschamp and butters combined, because he is those two douche canoes combined.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have to crawl first.

He isn’t even fired yet. Stricklin is still here and Fuchs still here. The last must go first but Research rules the day folks.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
At this point, I want no part of this entire coaching tree.
Mullen has spoiled this type of football for me forever.
I’m sick and damned tired of this simple minded QB run/ throw sideways/ rotate 5 FN running backs in and out/ horrible route tree/ Shotgun/slow developing play, BS.
Done

A decent coordinator stops this offense every day.

No more “spread option”, done with this ****.
That offense died in 2009.

Let’s move on to modern football,

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

It was there proof that mullen was this offensive mastermind and with his recruits we would be better.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Most of us hate Mullen so much we use any option available except him as the reason the offense was so dynamic last year. Even for us it's a stretch to believe the life long QB coach who along with Mullen has said didn't even call the offense is the reason for last years success. I'll lean towards the reason being Mullen had 3 elite veteran college players along with a fuched up year because of covid and caught lightning in a bottle.

Mullen called a good offense for the most part we can admit it no matter how much we want the bastard gone. But to say we need to hire the QB coach to be the head coach because we dislike Mullen too much to give him credit is stupid. We can do light years better than Brian Johnson in my opinion, if he's the best we can do than we're really fuched. There's a reason he wasn't on Tenn, USCe and Vandy's radar last year.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Who should Mullens' replacement be?

Pick one

xtkbgekfmqb31.jpg

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
1. Fire Stricklin.

2. Make Spurrier interim AD.

3. Fire Mullen and the entire staff after the FSU game ends, even if at 11 pm Saturday night.

4. Decline any ****ty Birmingham/Dukes Mayo Bowl invite we may back into.

5. Introduce Bob Stoops as HC the following Monday.

Stoops would set us right. He’d build an A+ staff and build out the infrastructure.

But we’ve hoped for him so many times. And does he want one more challenge? Or is he happy to raise money for OU?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
try to find a successful jump from p5 to p5 cuz there are none.

just a whole bunch of Mullins and McElstains.

the reality is there's about four elite coaches so of course no matter which path you check, G5 coaches p5 coaches, coordinators, the failure rate is going to be like 99%.

It is so hard to find elite AND time it right.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I look at last year and I don't care what anyone says, we scored alot of points and threw for 4k yards. I'm pretty sure Johnson was Daks OC qb coach too. He then went to Houston and mullen went right back to mullen ball with shytsgeralrd. I look at how shcitty Franks was and then how he became atleast somewhat serviceable with Johnson. Then I look at Jones or AR and think Johnson would definitely be able to get alot more out of them.

I don't think Johnson was a good fit for Tennessee or Usce. I'm not saying he can be plugged in anywhere. I don't think Ryan Day could have been a great HC at usce or Tennessee. Was Dabo on anyone's radar back in the day? I'm simply suggesting that we promote from within instead of whole sale changes. Upgrade around someone who's had some success on the offensive side of the ball here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.