Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Mark Stoops? He plays to win and he’s beaten Mullen twice with Kentucky talent. And his name is Stoops.

Also, we’re not plucking coaches from Penn State and Oregon at this point. That’s delusional.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My current wish list:

1. Randy Edsall
2. Walt Bell
3. Mike Bloomgren
4. Jedd Fisch
5. Marcus Arroyo

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Really the lack of importance placed on offenses was only a portion of my concern. He’d still need an OC, and OC’s simply don’t last. They either get fired or promoted, leaving a constant wake of changes in style, verbiage familiarity, etc. As I said, we had 5 DCs in 12 years under Spurrier. Nothing really changed much. If you have 5 OCs in 12 years, I feel like you’d constantly be playing ill suited players and hitting the portal to replace defectors. It’s just my preference, but I prefer to have a constant offensive identity that defenders are drawn to, not the other way around.

You don't see that with Saban. If the HC manages the team, not just one aspect of it, he should be able to ensure continuity.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SOS for the next two years while we wait for the exact right replacement he chooses.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Mark Stoops? He plays to win and he’s beaten Mullen twice with Kentucky talent. And his name is Stoops.

Also, we’re not plucking coaches from Penn State and Oregon at this point. That’s delusional.
I remember us laughing at the unhealthiest Stoops brother as he accepted a DC position at FSU after his defense at Arizona gave up a crap load of points.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You ok up there?
Randy Edsall just recently retired and I think could be talked into coming back. No buyout and he's available immediately. The guy has been successful everywhere he's been.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Safe bet, I think Mark Stoops would be an upgrade. not sure his ceiling is high enough or not, but his floor is higher than Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator