Why Del Rio could fail

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Ole Miss game was at home and not playing against someone who has an 0-11 axe to grind.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed, although I get the impression we're developing depth at OL. We definitely can't absorb too many injuries in the middle. I'd say Anzalone is the key guy to stay healthy if we're going to stay strong in the middle late in games.
We are developing depth, but I doubt more than one of our OL starts on an elite team. We will still be counting on first or second year players to contribute and that's not the way one wins championships in the SEC. In other words, I expect our line to go from being horrid last year to probably below average or average this year... assuming no key injuries. Of course, I thought we'd be better against Meechigan too and it just didn't happen.

Reports out of camp and from my trusted spies still say that the OL is a struggling and a work in progress.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We are developing depth, but I doubt more than one of our OL starts on an elite team. We will still be counting on first or second year players to contribute and that's not the way one wins championships in the SEC. In other words, I expect our line to go from being horrid last year to probably below average or average this year... assuming no key injuries. Of course, I thought we'd be better against Meechigan too and it just didn't happen.

Reports out of camp and from my trusted spies still say that the OL is a struggling and a work in progress.

There were also reports that sacks were not an issue. Sounds like better protection to me.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T-rex is our loud little armed dinosore,
with a tale as giant as the great blue wail.
He's a terrorizing pumper carnivore,
made bog-sunk ex-stink when our Gators prevail.

...unless you ignore him. I couldn't even tell who the comments and John Snow video were aimed at (and now I'm just guessing). I really like this board's implementation of that feature. It completely removes them unless someone mentions them in a post that doesn't quote them (like Rog did). However, if you want to see everything, there's a "Showed Ignored Content" link at the bottom of the page. It's great. My experience here has been drastically enhanced since I ignored a couple of looping sound bites.
:raysgirl:

Also, Rog, good job on being very punny.
punny-jokes.jpg

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Danny Wuerfell was the least athletic guy on the teams on at least two of his teams. He was pretty good.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
First LDR >TH
Second I think with our RBs all he has to do is check down and make the right throw if it isn't open. He has the grasp of the system and should be very affective.
Lastly we now have a kicker than get us points from just beyond the 50 and should bowed well for us this year.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac has coached him up. He will be fine and our offense will be pretty explosive. Go Gators!! Will LDR OWN and DESTROY this thread?? Yes, Yes he will!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
First LDR >TH
Second I think with our RBs all he has to do is check down and make the right throw if it isn't open. He has the grasp of the system and should be very affective.
Lastly we now have a kicker than get us points from just beyond the 50 and should bowed well for us this year.

There's reason to believe LDR>WG as an overall QB (not necessarily as an athlete).

Also... Bowed or bode?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nope.

Also if you find yourself questioning Del Rio, rewatch the spring game. A lot of his throws were bonerific
Exactly. Im not sure I understand the angst some of our posters have over DelRio not managing to be completely perfect in the Spring Game. I dot think even Wuerrfel was ever that near perfect.

Say what you want about LDR, arm strength or whatever, he knows what Nuss wants and delivers it.

I was suspicious last year when people were saying LDR was the best QB on the roster, but they appear to have been correct.

Might that change during the games, when the redshirt is off and the lights are bright? Sure but that is always the case.

Almost football season, boys and girls!

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Exactly. Im not sure I understand the angst some of our posters have over DelRio not managing to be completely perfect in the Spring Game.

Did you forget the ball that he just threw away??? This organization will not tolerate failure! (Dr Evil voice).

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Well, here we are.

Del Rio has failed.

Not just a failure, an abysmal failure. 8TDs, 8INTs - including two on his first throws in the last two games.

His arm is pathetic. If he flees from the pocket the play is over, and his supposed strength - decision making - is a joke.

Mac was a fool to run Grier off for this dreck of a QB, and if Mac is fool enough to ride this donkey next year he should be gone after the end of next season.

Del Puto is John Brantley 2.0. But worse, if that's possible.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If he starts turtling against scar or lsu then yea, he's definitely Brantley

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.