Will Grier, the legend

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
lol You can thank the new OC style of play etc. for the defense just like much of the Big 12. Heck before that OC and Grier got there this season WV had one of the best defenses in the Big 12 because they had a QB that actually had drives that chewed up big chunks of time. This OC and Grier are no different than the crap he ran at California where his QB had a million yards and the defense became poor.

Enjoy watching Grier in the Cactus Bowl after his leadership leads them to a 7-5 record.
You can't honestly believe that WVU has anywhere near the talent that TCU, OU, TEXAS or Okie State has, right? What's the difference anyway if they do finish 7-5, that's about how good they are despite WG being a top 10-15 QB in CFB at this time.You honestly think he couldn't be a standout in someone else's system?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You can't honestly believe that WVU has anywhere near the talent that TCU, OU, TEXAS or Okie State has, right? What's the difference anyway if they do finish 7-5, that's about how good they are despite WG being a top 10-15 QB in CFB at this time.You honestly think he couldn't be a standout in someone else's system?

WV was an Oklahoma win away from the Big 12 title last season going 10-2 pre-bowl. I think he is a good QB just not the superstar some seem to be making him out to be.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WV was an Oklahoma win away from the Big 12 title last season going 10-2 pre-bowl. I think he is a good QB just not the superstar some seem to be making him out to be.
Give me a list of the QB's in the country that are better right now.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll give you Jackson, the reigning Heisman winner. Grier would wipe the floor with those other stiffs.
Disagree myself. They would be closer to what they were last year with other top QBs instead of Grier imo. I don't think he elevates them much at all. He is just in a system where the QB throws for numbers like 4,300 yards. He has had a couple of chances to win games late and failed in both attempts so far. He did give VT a nice 1st down gesture however late in that game.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Disagree myself. They would be closer to what they were last year with other top QBs instead of Grier imo. I don't think he elevates them much at all. He is just in a system where the QB throws for numbers like 4,300 yards. He has had a couple of chances to win games late and failed in both attempts so far. He did give VT a nice 1st down gesture however late in that game.
I agree that he's not the best QB in the country....But ask yourself this....Would we be 3-2 right now if he were here? We literally had NO OFFENSIVE TALENT.......NONE in 2015 and he took us to 6-0......We would have lost 1 game last year if he had been our QB....

Sep 29, 2015
I agree that he's not the best QB in the country....But ask yourself this....Would we be 3-2 right now if he were here? We literally had NO OFFENSIVE TALENT.......NONE in 2015 and he took us to 6-0......We would have lost 1 game last year if he had been our QB....

Then you’d agree that the future is bright under Mac with Corral set to enroll in the next few months?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dan is bat**** crazy on this topic. It's a record-breaking amount of butthurt over Grier. Yet, he insists he doesn't care.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Dan is bat**** crazy on this topic. It's a record-breaking amount of butthurt over Grier. Yet, he insists he doesn't care.
I wonder if he would have laughed had Tebow gone to Bama instead of here....or worse yet got told to leave had Ron Zook been granted 2 too many years by Fooley.....Once in a decade QB's are hard to come by....

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Then you’d agree that the future is bright under Mac with Corral set to enroll in the next few months?
Mac has taken a big, steaming deuce on the career of every QB that has come through this program. He is a terrible player developer and Nuss can't coach his way out of a three-sided box. Mac will hammer down a few chili dogs in preparation for Corral's arrival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator