Will Muschamp in play at the University of Houston?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Houston may have to just settle for what's out there. Just glad he is not our problem anymore.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n129999 said:
How is that exaggeration? I don't know a single Gator fan that wasn't ruined emotionally and spiritually by the Muschamp era.
Agreed. The Mushchamp era has shaken my very belief in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Even as we speak I am questioning my upbringing as a Pastafarian.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n129986 said:
I'd rather see Muschamp at Houston or in the NFL instead of one of these coordinator jobs in the SEC. I don't like the idea of former coaches recruiting/playing against us. It already makes me uneasy with Spurrier and Meyer.

one thing about muschamp is he needs alot of talent for his defense to be any good. South Carolina has zero on that side of the ball comming back. If he goes there, their defense will be improved but not scary. Auburn and anm have recruited pretty well the last few years, that would be scary but atleast we wouldn't have to play an very often.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n129970 said:
Because I feel like I was part of the angry mob that ran him out of town

He fired himself. We had nothing to do with the job he did while here.

Crucial

Sick Beat Writer
Dec 9, 2014
Come on lil homies, cut the guy some slack,
Tho I tend to agree the work he did here was whack,
If the state of Texas want him they can take him back.
After all this wouldn't be the first Houston on crack.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Crucial;n130041 said:

:bwahaha:

:clap:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n129999 said:
How is that exaggeration? I don't know a single Gator fan that wasn't ruined emotionally and spiritually by the Muschamp era.

No doubt, as a fan, it sucked and I'm glad we've moved on to someone who appears will be better. But if you really were "ruined", well, I don't know what to tell you. I don't let any of this get to me enough to ruin me emotionally or spiritually.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
This would be a stupid move by Houston. Hiring Muschamp would totally change their program identity, which I believe is more detrimental to a smaller school than a larger one because they have a harder time getting enough athletes to make up for the change. Look at what happened to Texas Tech after they dumped Leach. They brought in Tuberville, a defensive minded coach, who changed the whole scheme instead of going with the OC at that time. Tuberville pretty much sheeat the bed and then bailed on them. The program hasn't been the same since.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Crucial;n130041 said:

Best rhyme yet.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dear Will,
Good Luck on your next job.
I am relieved that you are gone.
We believe in winning at home.
Championship runs for the Holidays has spoiled us.
I have moved on.
'Stud

Hotrod

Founding Member
R.I.P.
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is gone, time to move on, he took the fun out of going to Gator games.:byebye:

Attachments

• conv_1587.jpg
    conv_1587.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 63

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n129959 said:
Who is this Muschamp you speak of?

Seriously though, I laugh when so many people keep saying "He'll be a great head coach one day." Same kind of stuff we heard about Zook when he got shown the door, ask Illinois how that worked out for them. Why on Earth would anybody think that Muschamp will be a great HC one day? Unlike Zook, I don't think the job was too big for him, I think he just displayed a startling lack of flexibility and just refused to accept reality that his style of ultra-conservative offense couldn't win in the SEC. He had to know it, he just refused to accept it. That is not a trait of a great HC in the making.

The problem was it did work for one season...11-2 and that gave him the feeling that it would work after that. Many couldn't see it was a fluke year and he never ever changed his ways. Instead of saying...man, we got lucky, he thought it would be like that every year. Unsustainable.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Bill Yeoman ran the Veer Option at Houston and put up 100 points in a single game. Muschamp ran the No Option and put up 100 points in a single season.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n129959 said:
Who is this Muschamp you speak of?

Seriously though, I laugh when so many people keep saying "He'll be a great head coach one day." Same kind of stuff we heard about Zook when he got shown the door, ask Illinois how that worked out for them. Why on Earth would anybody think that Muschamp will be a great HC one day? Unlike Zook, I don't think the job was too big for him, I think he just displayed a startling lack of flexibility and just refused to accept reality that his style of ultra-conservative offense couldn't win in the SEC. He had to know it, he just refused to accept it. That is not a trait of a great HC in the making.
"I will pound you, and pound you, until you quit" (Woody Hayes). And I might add, until I get fired.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It would serve Andre Ware right for being a Muschamp apologist during his "analytical" commentaries.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
oxrageous;n129999 said:
You are correct. You don't know me. And you are not old enough to have endured real emotional and spiritual ruin as a gator fan. You mostly know they great times. So wallow in your zook/WM misery as faux as it is. V D (vincedooley) brought more misery to gator fans than either of the former coaches could imagine doing.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seen alot through the years as a Gator. And Yes Vince Dooley did bring an extremely large amount of misery to the Gator Nation back then. I have to say that WM gave me the same kind of frustration that I experienced from that era of Gator Football. Zook not as much but I disliked him from the start. Any way it is one thing to have a rival put that misery on you but totally more frustration when it comes from within your own program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator