Will there come a day without football?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe once the genetically enhanced kids coming soon start to mature.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If our country continues to become a gigantic vagina due to liberals, then yes.
Yeah or if retired professional football players continue to kill themselves due to the excessive brain trauma experienced over a career. But if you want to blame everything on a political ideology, don't let me stop you. :rolleyes3:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah or if retired professional football players continue to kill themselves due to the excessive brain trauma experienced over a career. But if you want to blame everything on a political ideology, don't let me stop you. :rolleyes3:

Those players knew the dangers of the game and got payed a lot of money for playing. Simple as this. Football is a dangerous game. Don't want to take the risk of injury? Don't play

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have a really hard time feeling sorry for dudes that got paid millions to play a game. They took the risk for the possibility of a huge pay-off. That's kinda how the world works. You want to live a safe, reserved life, good on ya. Just don't expect huge rewards. You want those huge rewards, you gotta stick your neck out a little. Athletes understand this, or should...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The extreme extent of what repeated head trauma does to a person wasn't even known until the last decade, and the NFL tried their best to cover it up. And it's not just NFL players who suffer long term brain damage. Plenty of kids never make it out of high school or college ball because of repeated concussions or other catastrophic injuries.

This isn't about feeling sympathy for former football players, this is about a new generation of parents and kids seeing what football has done to the previous generation's health and choosing to do something else. I've said it before, my entire family centers around football. My two brothers and I played college ball and one of them was a coach for a few years. My father and stepfather both played in college and coached for YEARS. But should I have a son, I would still actively encourage him to try sports other than football. I don't want him eating a bullet at 45 or not being able to climb out of bed at 50.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Tackle football is on it's way out.

I am amazed at the growing popularity of flag football among kids - boys and girls. I could see this gaining momentum as the 'safe alternative', but without the smash mouth hitting, I'm not sure America will embrace it as a replacement. All the while, I envision the Ultimate Frisbee fringe bemoaning how they were >this< close to taking over.

Kids these days just prefer playing video games versus going outside.

This is a HUGE part of the equation. HUGE.

Time for UF to get out in front of this and establish a mens soccer program.

I always found it funny (odd) how UF has so many talented soccer players, but will only field a 'club team' unofficially. They'd kill the SEC, and games against MIA would be real interesting.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
The generation coming up is nothing but a bunch of spoiled, spineless vaginas.

Competitive sports will die, since score will not be kept as to not have someone lose and have mental anguish.

Ahhh, umm, as the parent of an Iraqi/Afghan war vet who played tackle football and baseball in high school, I believe you might be overstating this a bit.

I can name a hundred youth i know personally who don't match your description.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't plan on letting either of my boys play football unless they really really push. It isn't worth the risk.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I always found it funny (odd) how UF has so many talented soccer players, but will only field a 'club team' unofficially. They'd kill the SEC, and games against MIA would be real interesting.
I'm sure several pairs or even dozens of people would be watching.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly I understand why people wouldn't want to play, but let's not ruin it for those that love the game..... believe that's the problem here.
People love racquet ball, I don't think its lack of popularity stops them from playing.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who's studying & advocating for rodeo competitors? Let's put a stop to rodeo; as a sport, it's full of bull.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I hope that genetic enhancement comes with cranial enhan
People love racquet ball, I don't think its lack of popularity stops them from playing.
Used to be the most popular game on campus (three wall all torn down just north of the stadium)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah or if retired professional football players continue to kill themselves due to the excessive brain trauma experienced over a career.
Football players kill themselves for the same reason the Hollywood actors and actresses/musicians do. They get past their prime and miss the paychecks and the glory.

Last edited:

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Youth Football has some issues but Little League Baseball is dying right in front of us.
Well no parks for kids to go to and play baseball. Can't find them at public schools and if you do they are locked or you are trespassing. We went down to the baseball on Sundays at the school and put together pick up games, hard too do anymore. Between Xbox one and airsoft guns, kids don't want to play or to damn lazy to get in the sun for a few hours.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Football players kill themselves for the same reason the Hollywood actors and actresses/musicians do. They get past their prime and miss the paychecks and the glory.
Well let's just add this to the list of things you're wrong about.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Who's studying & advocating for rodeo competitors? Let's put a stop to rodeo; as a sport, it's full of bull.

Anyone heard of Mutton Busting? It's like Rodeo for kids where they hop on a sheep and hold on for dear life. I'm not kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.