Win/Loss Record expectations for 2015

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n209783 said:
I am going to say 10 wins and we might have a chance to play for the SECCG. If our OL improves as well as the QB and WRs we can win 11 or more.

I like the faith you have but.......

th

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Gator Fever;n209795 said:
I like the faith you have but.......

th

I see 8 wins that should be all but given (New Mexico St, East Carolina, KY, bUTtchug, Mizzu, Vandy, FL Atlantic, and Georgia). However we say that every year so who knows, and we can get some bad breaks and only win 6-7 games total. Since this is the "talking season" I think the ones we will win two out of the remainder of LSU, FSU, USCe and Ole Miss. My reasoning is that I believe that our D is going to be crazy good. It could be better than 2012 IMHO. That means we need to play smart Offense instead of the Prevent Offense that we ran under the previous HC. Now if our OL, WRs, and QB play vastly improves we can win three of those four in my mind losing to LSU.

Dec 10, 2014
CaribGator;n209792 said:
This is the bottom line, We'll get over a few drops, the occasional fumble or INT, but every game will go as the Oline plays. When they struggle, the offense will struggle, when they hang in there, we'll be in that game. Of course keeping a starting line together will help a lot, so staying healthy will be a big factor, the wildcard to each game will be those critical 3rd down plays, can we keep a drive alive. Will the line hold up when we are facing that 3rd and long..

It's not really the bottom line at all. The bottom line is our defense. The offense just needs to be marginally better than last year. OL woes or not, it's difficult to imagine the offense cannot improve marginally under Coach Mac. The bottom line is the defense.

Dec 10, 2014
If our defense remains the same, our special teams show big gains, and we get marginal improvement from the offense, this is a 9 win team (or more). None of those things are unrealistic and nobody on our schedule is so dominant that we have to write the team off. Posters on here act like we should be waving the :surrender:. Get a grip. It's only a worthless Spring practice. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You'll know everything you need to know by the final whistle blow of the fourth game of the seasn. Speaking of ... A lot of you sound like worthless Tennessee fans. There. I said it.

Dec 10, 2014
I don't know why but it didn't link to the specific thread about our spring game and how unimpressed they are, and how they are going to beat us this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n209830 said:
I see 8 wins that should be all but given (New Mexico St, East Carolina, KY, bUTtchug, Mizzu, Vandy, FL Atlantic, and Georgia). However we say that every year so who knows, and we can get some bad breaks and only win 6-7 games total. Since this is the "talking season" I think the ones we will win two out of the remainder of LSU, FSU, USCe and Ole Miss. My reasoning is that I believe that our D is going to be crazy good. It could be better than 2012 IMHO. That means we need to play smart Offense instead of the Prevent Offense that we ran under the previous HC. Now if our OL, WRs, and QB play vastly improves we can win three of those four in my mind losing to LSU.

I guess there is a real slim possibility if the defense was lights out like in 2012 and we were able to get away with no offense but I just don't see it myself. I think even ECU would have been a dangerous game this season if they were the same team as last season. I also think Tenn and @KY are possible losses because of our O line situation. I think the Tenn game will tell us a lot about the offense.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The breaks to hope for :

1) Coach Mac lights our guys afire.
2) DBs wreak havoc via lots of INTs + pic6.
3) DL TFLs
4) ST big returns, blocked punts.
5) Mac-schemes lead to effective OL blocking.
6) QB to TE keeps drives alive.
Not so much to hope for.
7) Oh ! And opponents forced into breakdown.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n210147 said:
8 and possibly more if the online is improved over the summer and fall workouts

you mean on the line...right?

[video=youtube;CewJ-ihIqaM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CewJ-ihIqaM[/video]

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
5 - 5

I miss the old days!

:dance2:

Seka

Apr 19, 2015
Football brand is a national disgrace... it will continue to be so for some time... if it wasn't for the Lady Gator programs, the entire UF athletic program would simply stink/suck.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n209896 said:
The breaks to hope for :

1) Coach Mac lights our guys afire.
2) DBs wreak havoc via lots of INTs + pic6.
3) DL TFLs
4) ST big returns, blocked punts.
5) Mac-schemes lead to effective OL blocking.
6) QB to TE keeps drives alive.
Not so much to hope for.
7) Oh ! And opponents forced into breakdown.

Rog I think we'll need alot of what you state there to happen. I do believe that Mac is going to hit #5 as you say there. Offensively he is going to need to be pro-active and scheme offensively to move the chains and keep the OL healthy as possible. I'm sure his plan will be much better than the ball pounding clock killing mentality of the last HC. And #6 will play a large role on that. Look for quick passes, rolling pockets, and lot of misdirection and unpredictable plays. Hopefully the 6 OL freshmen coming in will pay off quickly.

I do see 8 wins attainable. But beyond that who knows. A break here or there can swing it in either direction. One thing is for sure. Mac knows exactly what he's going to have to deal with. So in one aspect UF is better off than last year. Lets hope he can produce on some of the blunders from the previous staff could not.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yea TN, i don't see us trying to replicate the '12 season with pound it on the ground and win with D and special teams, don't have the make up offensively to do that, so what you say, quick passes, rolling pockets, LOTS of misdirection will hopefully keep teams from stacking the box and just teeing off.

It will be interesting to see how much Mac opens up the playbook against the cupcakes. dawgchamp would never do it, preferred to pound it and get TOP , rather than let the team run plays in real games thinking it would tip his hand, (plus he wouldn't put the 2nd string in to get experience). I think Mac let's it all hang out, gives the team game experience for those plays, makes the other teams practice to defend more things. I'm sure he'll have 1-2 additional plays each game that he hasn't used to keep them guessing.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n211755 said:
Yea TN, i don't see us trying to do replicate the '12 season with pound it on the ground and win with D and special teams, don't have the make up offensively to do that, so what you say, quick passes, rolling pockets, LOTS of misdirection will hopefully keep teams from stacking the box and just teeing off.

It will be interesting to see how much Mac opens up the playbook against the cupcakes. dawgchamp would never do it, preferred to pound it and get TOP , rather than let the team run plays in real games thinking it would tip his hand, (plus he wouldn't put the 2nd string in to get experience). I think Mac let's it all hang out, gives the team game experience for those plays, makes the other teams practice to defend more things. I'm sure he'll have 1-2 additional plays each game that he hasn't used to keep them guessing.
Chimp, as it turned out, had no hand to tip and he prolly knew it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I KNOW the opposing DCs thought all through October 12 that Chimp was just trying to lure them into dropping both safeties into the box, thinking that once they did he'd bomb them. After 4 weeks they finally figured out that he absolutely, positively had zero intention of passing ever again. Of course, with Driskell as the QB that made some sense.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My expectations are always to win the East, but realistically that's going to take a lot of luck on the injury front for us this season to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator