Win out and keep WM or lose UGA and FSU and he gets fired... what would you prefer?

Just wondering what people would rather see. WM win out and get things going in the right direction

• Win out and keep him

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose so he goes

• Source: He is already gone so it doesn't matter

• Total voters

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
The Original DC;n87119 said:
I voted "he's already gone." First, there's no way in hell he wins out, especially with a visit to FSU at the end. If the greatest sporting miracle since the "Miracle On Ice" in 1980 happens and he does win out, and actually finishes the season 8-3 heading to a bowl game, he's still probably employed but would need a much better bowl game than the bs we all witnessed against Louisville.

But here's what really happens, he loses to UGA and it's finally announced that he's fired.
Well said

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n87095 said:
It's the calculator's fault
uQqUTRe.gif

Carry the one...obviously...freudian slip at its best. 8-3? Hell no. I don't want that loser anywhere near our program. Shame on Foley for even letting that be an option.

And I truly believe that's why he isn't fired because Foley is hoping and praying it happens so he can keep he ego-feeding, chump. It was SEC East or bust. He busted.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n87121 said:
Keep pumping that dead man.

He wasn't pumping and he was saying exactly what I was thinking. If WM somehow turned this around, went 8-3 beating UGA, FSU and winning the SECCG... then why would you not want to keep him. Obviously the team would be playing better and would have turned whatever corner was needed.

Does anybody think that will happen... HELL NO, but you would have to recognize he turned it around if that did happen.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n87126 said:
He wasn't pumping and he was saying exactly what I was thinking. If WM somehow turned this around, went 8-3 beating UGA, FSU and winning the SECCG... then why would you not want to keep him. Obviously the team would be playing better and would have turned whatever corner was needed.

Does anybody think that will happen... HELL NO, but you would have to recognize he turned it around if that did happen.

Face it, anything short of asking for public castration of the man is pumping.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
G 2;n87083 said:
You want to keep him till our bowl game?

Any bowl game we'd get would probably be within 4-5 days of the end of the season. I can live with that.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With an alien pod apparently having taken over Foley, I'm betting we lose out AND keep Muschamp....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
ATXGator;n87126 said:

I can honestly say I wouldn't want WM back in that scenario. At some point, you have to look beyond just win and losses.We're getting decimated in recruiting right now, and it's largely because opposing coaches are pointing to the dysfunction of our team, and the instability of the staff. The whole "Ok, one more year" thing wouldn't hurt us any less next year than it has this year. Kids don't want that, and neither should fans. Too many embarrassing moments with him at the helm. Selfish, undisciplined play, and there's nothing that shows WM has any plans to change who he is. You don't simply recover from the lows he's brought us to.

Remember Zook was one TD away from winning out post-Msu in 2004 and had been robbed by the officials in Knoxville. It didn't matter. Enough was enough, and no finish warranted his return. This year is no different and actually is more extreme.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He is toast. It is already proven that he doesn't want to beat his beloved alma mater on the field. I would like to see Dunce channel his inner Zook and whip his rape defending land partner in his UF finale.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n87169 said:
I can honestly say I wouldn't want WM back in that scenario. At some point, you have to look beyond just win and losses.We're getting decimated in recruiting right now, and it's largely because opposing coaches are pointing to the dysfunction of our team, and the instability of the staff. The whole "Ok, one more year" thing wouldn't hurt us any less next year than it has this year. Kids don't want that, and neither should fans. Too many embarrassing moments with him at the helm. Selfish, undisciplined play, and there's nothing that shows WM has any plans to change who he is. You don't simply recover from the lows he's brought us to.

Remember Zook was one TD away from winning out post-Msu in 2004 and had been robbed by the officials in Knoxville. It didn't matter. Enough was enough, and no finish warranted his return. This year is no different and actually is more extreme.

Very fair response.

It would be very interesting to see how much the dynamic towards WM would change if we did somehow win the rest of our games (which, once again, I'm stating for the record it won't happen).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n87134 said:
With an alien pod apparently having taken over Foley, I'm betting we lose out AND keep Muschamp....
That does seem the most likely option.

Cause maybe next year will be better.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This poll question really just reveals whether people have concluded, beyond any doubt or changing of opinion, that WM isn't and can't be a successful head coach at UF.

I think he's done. I don't think the scenario is realistically possible. I think for many reasons of WM's own doing, as well as a fair amount not of his doing, that he has fallen too far and is too stained in people's perception to turn it around now.

However, having said that, if we were to win out, especially with convincing wins when they should be and a normal to good offensive performance with Treon, I would be glad to have him stay. I think a turnaround like that would show a ton of resolve, ingenuity, and leadership - an impossible amount.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n87169 said:

You're a smart guy and you were one of my favorite posters on that other board.

Regardless, the recruiting results would be very different right now if we had beaten LSU and the offense and special teams functioned at just normal - allowing us to beat Mizz. The on-field performance is what's hurting recruiting and that's what's threatening WM's time here. If we performed on the field, especially to the extent that the poll question proposes, I believe our recruiting class would be top 5.

Furthermore, I don't see selfish play. There are way too many undisciplined plays, but I can't think of selfish plays.

However, I agree that he won't recover from the lows he's brought us to. ...not without a miracle.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
EuroGator;n87242 said:
You're a smart guy and you were one of my favorite posters on that other board.

Regardless, the recruiting results would be very different right now if we had beaten LSU and the offense and special teams functioned at just normal - allowing us to beat Mizz. The on-field performance is what's hurting recruiting and that's what's threatening WM's time here. If we performed on the field, especially to the extent that the poll question proposes, I believe our recruiting class would be top 5.

Furthermore, I don't see selfish play. There are way too many undisciplined plays, but I can't think of selfish plays.

However, I agree that he won't recover from the lows he's brought us to. ...not without a miracle.

To me, when a player chooses to punch an opponent (Debose, Cummings on numerous occasions, etc) it goes beyond just being undisciplined. IMO, it falls into the category of putting yourself, and your frustrations, ahead of the team. I also thought our entire Sugar Bowl performance was as disgraceful for its trash talking "look at me" moments, as it was for the final score. In general, I just don't see us playing as a team.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[Reply deleted before posting...]

Why am I doing this?

It won't change anyone's opinion. I'm done with this one.

:surrender:

:highfive:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe it's even remotely possible, but if we win out I'd be ok with keeping him. That would be six straight victories with wins over a hot UGA team, USCe and FSU on the road, then a bowl victory. It would mean that he somehow miraculously turned this group around. It seems impossible, which is why I'd be impressed enough to keep him.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n87129 said:
Face it, anything short of asking for public castration of the man is pumping.

Castration? That's not possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator