Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

nerds GIF

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I'm good with it. Removes the possibility our players are not capable of understanding then executing our systems. So then what, is he restricting from practice players not achieving >3.5 GPA?

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can remember way back when things like the cumulative GPA meant something and made me feel good about the program.

Why should I care if the mercenaries made good grades in their remedial courses?

ted

Aug 24, 2019
I noticed that too. Bama is like #4 APR? Something doesn't add up. I'm too lazy to research where the discrepancy is.

"86 players with a 3.0 GPA or better" may be mostly non-scholarship players?

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
No way Bama is ranked ahead of UF in any academic categories, we all know that you can’t not be proficient at academics and football. Just ask Texas and Michigan………

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can remember way back when things like the cumulative GPA meant something and made me feel good about the program.

Why should I care if the mercenaries made good grades in their remedial courses?
Grade inflation….if you can call it that now…psychosis is closer.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We are something like 40th in Academic Performance Rating per the NCAA. Are we really winning "in the classroom"?
The APR calculation penalizes for portal transfers. We've had a ton over the past 3 years.

Diving into the subject, APR was dumb pre-portal, now it's beyond dumb.

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you’re finding solace in our academic standing as a program at the conclusion of our third consecutive losing season, this gif is for you…

IMG_2190.gif

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Nobody GAF if we are high or low on this list.
I don't care. Most of these players have no business attending college from an academic and intellectual standpoint and they are only there because they are good at football or basketball. Most of them take useless majors anyways.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
If you’re finding solace in our academic standing as a program at the conclusion of our third consecutive losing season, this gif is for you…

View attachment 65950
The only people who care about academic rankings are all of the elites from the wine and cheese crowd. There are a number of Universities who balance quality academic performance with athletic excellence, two of them play in the CFP on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator