Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The only NBA game I have ever attended was Larry Bird's personal and Celtics club record 60 point game against Dominique Wilkins and the Hawks in New Orleans in 1985. That was a treat.
Got a ticket stub? Over 720,000 people have claimed to have attended that one.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I once attended a Knicks/Lakers preseason game in the Thunderdome (the Trop) in 94/95. For some reason there was a mess up with our seats so they created a row right next to the Lakers Bench. (Crappy Laker team, Vlade Divac, Van Exel, and a bunch of nobodies)

During the game, I caught a ball. The ref wanted it, but he was standing next to Patrick Ewing. Of course I threw a bounce pass to Ewing and not the ref.

Not too many people can say they threw a pass to Patrick Ewing.

Ill sign autographs between 4 and 4:30. 1 per person please. No photos allowed

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I once attended a Knicks/Lakers preseason game in the Thunderdome (the Trop) in 94/95. For some reason there was a mess up with our seats so they created a row right next to the Lakers Bench. (Crappy Laker team, Vlade Divac, Van Exel, and a bunch of nobodies)

During the game, I caught a ball. The ref wanted it, but he was standing next to Patrick Ewing. Of course I threw a bounce pass to Ewing and not the ref.

Not too many people can say they threw a pass to Patrick Ewing.

Ill sign autographs between 4 and 4:30. 1 per person please. No photos allowed
I was expected a better ending. Either A) you refused to give the ball back or B) Ewing thought you were cool so he threw the ball back to you and told you to keep it.

What a letdown.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I just wanted to pop in here and say basketball is stupid since nobody else has done that yet.

Also want to add, this thread is supposed to be about the show and not actual basketball. Keep it on topic or you will be banned.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just wanted to pop in here and say basketball is stupid since nobody else has done that yet.

Also want to add, this thread is supposed to be about the show and not actual basketball. Keep it on topic or you will be banned.
Okay.

I've watched all 7 episode of the show so far. While I expected some "enhancement" to true events for the sake of entertaining us, I wasn't actually expecting them to lie about actual sports scores and games, etc. This last show showed two scores the Lakers had where they supposedly lost to both the Pacers and the Pistons in a losing streak. It turns out they won both of those games in reality, and this streak was a complete work of fiction. The truth is interesting enough, there's no need to completely rewrite history.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Okay.

I've watched all 7 episode of the show so far. While I expected some "enhancement" to true events for the sake of entertaining us, I wasn't actually expecting them to lie about actual sports scores and games, etc. This last show showed two scores the Lakers had where they supposedly lost to both the Pacers and the Pistons in a losing streak. It turns out they won both of those games in reality, and this streak was a complete work of fiction. The truth is interesting enough, there's no need to completely rewrite history.

I actually have the show in my watch list. Getting through another show and then I will watch it.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I know it came later, but I'm disappointed they declined to devote an entire episode to the greatest assist in the history of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator