Wuerffel/former Gators in flag football tourney

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Team lost in the round of 32... the tourney looks pretty great and will be on NFL Network for those interested.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
WTF?!? How did that happen??

They lost to this team. I suspect with a name like Dash, he gave them fits. Or maybe it was the steadiness of Steadmann.

XFLAGFOOTBALL is very proud of our showing in the AFFL tournament! XFLAGFOOTBALL teams won a combined $25,000!!! XFLAGFOOTBALL’s 2nd team made it to the final 16 teams and all 3 teams made it to the top 64 teams! XFLAGFOOTBALL will continue to work with the AFFL and playing in XFLAGFOOTBALL could earn you a spot in the next AFFL tournament!

I would personally like to say how proud I am of Our 2nd team! They played amazing the whole tournament! Their D was lights out! They made it farther than any other California team but one!

Congratulations!

Captain: Brian Mitchell
Melvin Marshall
Dash Crutchley Offensive MVP
Dwayne Henry
Mike Allen
Anthony Garrett
Guillermo Flores
Gregg Valesco Defensive MVP
Steadmann Hill
Steven Williams Co MVP on both sides of ball
TJ Webster
Patrick Vernies

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
WTF?!? How did that happen??

I was also a bit surprised based on the talent they had on the field.... you would think that Danny and co. could implement some Fun n Gun offense and score constantly.

In reality I think in some ways flag football is different... there is a huge difference on defense between being able to tackle and grab a flag... grabbing a flag is harder in a lot of ways. I saw a video clip at one point of Danny throwing a long TD pass and was going to post it, but couldn't find it again :-\

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Moses Jenkins.

I'm sure that says it all.

I was also a bit surprised based on the talent they had on the field.... you would think that Danny and co. could implement some Fun n Gun offense and score constantly.

In reality I think in some ways flag football is different... there is a huge difference on defense between being able to tackle and grab a flag... grabbing a flag is harder in a lot of ways. I saw a video clip at one point of Danny throwing a long TD pass and was going to post it, but couldn't find it again :-\

I think I’m going with the Moses Jenkins explanation rather than the “flag football is too hard” choice. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator