Wyoming Wild Man now listed at 300 lbs

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
dude has added 25 lbs since coming here and it doesn't look like jiggly fat.

good article about his potential and praise from players and coaches.

everyone says he's got a bit to learn but has a high ceiling. apparently he also played OL before college.

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=31066

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking our defense is going to be straight up nasty.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
in terms of identity, a good defense needs two things: one, a defensive backfield leader with tons of ability and swagger - we've got that in hargreaves; two, a front seven that features a colorful, slightly unhinged character who becomes a lightning rod for the DL and LBs - this kid looks like he could fit that bill if he comes around.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty pumped about seeing this dude in the field.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone remember how he looked in the Spring game?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like a great kid. Temper your expectations based on the fact that the population of Wyoming is less than Polk county.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite player on defense. He has the potential to be a double digit sack guy.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Gator Fever;n260232 said:
Does anyone remember how he looked in the Spring game?

game notes say he had a sack playing with the defensive backups against first team offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n260248 said:
game notes say he had a sack playing with the defensive backups against first team offense.
To be fair, walkons looked dominating against our "first team" OL.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
It's difficult to make any valid determination about anyone on either line since almost all of them, offense or defense, have either played very little or not at all. Is the defensive line good, or is the offensive line bad? I am skeptical of any reports from coaches or players from playing against each other. It's like Spurrier joking about how well his team looks. It's all a lot of bull. As Spurrier said, the receivers might not be able to catch a cold, but all you'll hear is how amazing they look.
There were some folks who were saying that Jay-nard Bostwick was a terror in practice a couple of years ago and criticized Muschamp for not taking off his redshirt. It turns out that even Miami doesn't want him now, and they have had serious issues on their defensive line for years. It's a whole new ball game when you line up against someone with a different jersey on with bad intentions and might, just might, do something that you haven't been told about or ever seen before.Let's see the "Wyoming Wild Man" do something in a real game that's not New Mexico. Until then it's just a lot of hot air.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What's funny ia this a-hole thinks we read all that garbage

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n260333 said:
It's difficult to make any valid determination about anyone on either line since almost all of them, offense or defense, have either played very little or not at all. Is the defensive line good, or is the offensive line bad? I am skeptical of any reports from coaches or players from playing against each other. It's like Spurrier joking about how well his team looks. It's all a lot of bull. As Spurrier said, the receivers might not be able to catch a cold, but all you'll hear is how amazing they look.
There were some folks who were saying that Jay-nard Bostwick was a terror in practice a couple of years ago and criticized Muschamp for not taking off his redshirt. It turns out that even Miami doesn't want him now, and they have had serious issues on their defensive line for years. It's a whole new ball game when you line up against someone with a different jersey on with bad intentions and might, just might, do something that you haven't been told about or ever seen before.Let's see the "Wyoming Wild Man" do something in a real game that's not New Mexico. Until then it's just a lot of hot air.
debbie-downer1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator