bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Which one are you going to pick?

IMG_4011.jpeg

Such a good decade for movies. I’d have to go with 1987.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fast Times is damn good. But good enough to win the entire decade worth? I doubt it makes the top 10.

As far as “teenage angst” movies…. Breakfast Club is way better.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Way to hard. Tried to break it down by which year had the most of my go to movies in it and damn if 5 years weren't tied. That run from 84-89 is something. The years before are all good movies, but only like 2 or 3 from each year are repeat watches for me. If forced to pick I guess 84 maybe

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Based on the year of the movie lines I quote the most I have to go with 1980. Between Caddyshack and Airplane alone there are too many to list! Surely I can’t be serious you say? I am serious and don’t call me Shirley. I’m just a Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become the Masters champion. The list goes on and on and I didn’t even mention Blues Brothers and The Shining quotes!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Based on the year of the movie lines I quote the most I have to go with 1980. Between Caddyshack and Airplane alone there are too many to list! Surely I can’t be serious you say? I am serious and don’t call me Shirley. I’m just a Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become the Masters champion. The list goes on and on and I didn’t even mention Blues Brothers quotes!
Champion? You’re truly a sight to behold. A man beaten. The once great champ, now, a study in mopishness. No longer the victory hungry stallion we've raced so many times before, but a pathetic, washed up, aged ex-champion.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fast Times is damn good. But good enough to win the entire decade worth? I doubt it makes the top 10.

I was on board with “Breakfast Club” until the Estevez kid (athlete) fell for the girl that ate boogers. Those two polar opposites only hook up in real life about 2:00 am when nobody’s around to see.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Champion? You’re truly a sight to behold. A man beaten. The once great champ, now, a study in mopishness. No longer the victory hungry stallion we've raced so many times before, but a pathetic, washed up, aged ex-champion.

Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I was on board with “Breakfast Club” until the Estevez kid (athlete) fell for the girl that ate boogers. Those two polar opposites only hook up in real life about 2:00 am when nobody’s around to see.
While Molly Ringwald falls for a guy who gulps a loogie out of the air. It's good to be a guy.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of those movies listed, none are a perfect 5 set.

However, Full Metal Jacket and Predator has to be the best 1-2 punch.

Die Hard, Beetlejuice, Coming to America, and Naked Gun has to be the best 4 set.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

You’d get the last good, though already flailing, Rocky(3) as a bonus though.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As was stated, none are a perfect set, but how does ‘86 not get the nod? Top Gun alone might make it worth the honor. Then throw in Ferris and Platoon?

I think ‘80 is a close 2nd.

I’d say ‘85 is a right there as well.

I’ve actually not seen a ton of these movies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As was stated, none are a perfect set, but how does ‘86 not get the nod? Top Gun alone might make it worth the honor. Then throw in Ferris and Platoon?

I think ‘80 is a close 2nd.

I’d say ‘85 is a right there as well.

I’ve actually not seen a ton of these movies.
So the dude that judges how people dress, uses Top Gun as their be all movie....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So the dude that judges how people dress, uses Top Gun as their be all movie....

Well I was either unborn or sub-5 when half of those movies were out. So as I said, I haven’t seen many of those. But yes, I like Top Gun. Anyway I think i preferred when you were on your hiatus and all we got were random updates from Detroit in your well being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.