YouTubeTV drops ESPN/SEC Network last night..any fixes?

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Any other cord cutters out there facing this? The only reason I use them at all is for the ESPN channels and SEC. Wife like local channels and HGTV but think they have App. Anyone else doing anything different?

Last edited:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hulu. Not sure about HGTV.

I checked quickly looks like they carry HGTV.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hulu. Not sure about HGTV.

I checked quickly looks like they carry HGTV.
it's on there under the regular package.

then there is a $7.99 package that adds these ( American Heroes Channel, BET Her, CNBC World, Cooking Channel, Crime + Investigation, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, DIY Network, Military History Channel, MTV2, MTV Classic, Nick Toons, Science, and Teen Nick.)

Hulu with Live TV: More than just Live TV

We'll probably be switching back to this once the promo time with spectrum runs out.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Any other cord cutters out there facing this? The only reason I use them at all is for the ESPN channels and SEC. Wife like local channels and HGTV but think they have App. Anyone else doing anything different?
Crap. Hopefully they get it back within a week

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The pact between Google and Disney ran out. YouTube TV’s monthly price drops by $15.00 until the two sides can renew their agreement.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fubo has a 7 day free trial. I went with it, hoping everything will get reinstated within 7 days. If not, I'll be dumping YouTube TV.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in the same boat. Will give it a few days, then switch if it doesn't get resolved. Unfortunately now that it's lapsed, all the pressure is on YouTube bc subscribers will begin dropping like flies. Sucks too, I really like the format of the app and content available.

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
I'm in the same boat. Will give it a few days, then switch if it doesn't get resolved. Unfortunately now that it's lapsed, all the pressure is on YouTube bc subscribers will begin dropping like flies. Sucks too, I really like the format of the app and content available.

I have become quite used to it as well. The one thing for me is the VPN I use has a scramble mode that YouTubeTV doesn’t recognize so I can use it many places overseas. Has been a lifesaver for CFB season.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I used to have Hulu. It sucked out loud. The app was awful and crashed froze or failed to properly load channels routinely. Every time Hulu kicked out an update it would get worse.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
Fubo has a 7 day free trial. I went with it, hoping everything will get reinstated within 7 days. If not, I'll be dumping YouTube TV.
Thanks Ox...I just did this myself. Looks like a good platform. Lately YouTube has been removing more sports content over to their 'plus' package. Screw Google Youtube, screw Disney.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
They’ll get it worked out , google and them had a kerfluuffle over support on roku players and eventually they came to an agreement

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some carriers are losing access to ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 (sports on ABC are also streaming on ESPN3), ESPNU, ESPNews, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform, FXX, FXM, National Geographic, National Geographic Wild, SEC Network and ACC Network. Fortunately, Sling customers get access to all of these channels — take a look at our channel lineups below for more information.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I used to have Hulu. It sucked out loud. The app was awful and crashed froze or failed to properly load channels routinely. Every time Hulu kicked out an update it would get worse.
Interesting.
I had HULU for I think a year and a half.
Never experienced any of that.

Only reason I went with spectrum this go round was because the promo was virtually the same price as streaming and offered more channels.

Just out of curiosity, what were you using to stream it on? We use Fire TV devices.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Unless I’m reading it differently, they are dropping the price of youtubeTV by $15, and the cost to subscribe to ABC and the rest is $15. I’m no rocket surgeon, but that seems like the same price to subscribe.

It seems to me that the risk is you subscribe, then they get a deal done and add it back, and then you can’t unsubscribe. Am I reading it wrong?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting.
I had HULU for I think a year and a half.
Never experienced any of that.

Only reason I went with spectrum this go round was because the promo was virtually the same price as streaming and offered more channels.

Just out of curiosity, what were you using to stream it on? We use Fire TV devices.
same thing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like hulu. Sometimes lives sports takes a second to buffer at the beginning but it's pretty good for the most part. Works really good on my phone

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You gotta love the bluster coming from each side, but esp Disney when it accuses Google of not seeking a “fair” deal. “As a result, their subscribers have lost access to our unrivaled portfolio of networks.”

Well, well, well.

George Stephanopoulos and unrivaled inferred in the same sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.