#11 in AP 😞

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The writers are whacked. They dropped LSU to #9 and brought the Cowboys from #14 to #5.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That is probably about right, but I think we can win it all if the ball bounces correctly for us.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Have you seen us play? I'm not sure we deserve to be ranked.
But yet, if the ball bounces our way the defense keeps us in a position to win. Crazy season.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
What do you expect after that turd sandwich yesterday??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n309689 said:
But yet, if the ball bounces our way the defense keeps us in a position to win. Crazy season.
We are neither as bad nor good as the two camps portray us. We have some good players, a good coach, and a better Team.

vandy was more about getting over confident. Our 1st 2 series said we had this ballgame all wrapped up. With funny stuff to begin with, I was convinced Mac called them to put us in the position to struggle. If I was him (& could call it at the right time) I would. Make sure we do not take anything for granted. I would not have the balls to do against Vandy...would be FIU or whoever we play..

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n309689 said:

My exact thoughts. We are lucky to be ranked.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was impressed we didn't drop a few spots.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;309693 said:
We are neither as bad nor good as the two camps portray us. We have some good players, a good coach, and a better Team.

vandy was more about getting over confident. Our 1st 2 series said we had this ballgame all wrapped up. With funny stuff to begin with, I was convinced Mac called them to put us in the position to struggle. If I was him (& could call it at the right time) I would. Make sure we do not take anything for granted. I would not have the balls to do against Vandy...would be FIU or whoever we play..
Crazy thinking ... No coach does this

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last week against UGA... "Florida should be ranked in the top ten at least!" Florida against Vandy "Lucky to be ranked". I think this team plays a lot differently vs the bigger names and games. They obviously didn't look all that prepared for Vandy, and we were lucky to win. I'd say #10/11 is just about right

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Utah beats a 4-4 Washington by 11 and moves up 3 spots:headscratch:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n309699 said:
Crazy thinking ... No coach does this

Coaches say otherwise in private.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;309706 said:
Coaches say otherwise in private.
so in your world coaches teach in game lessons risking losing games? Have you ever played or been in a huddle? I've never heard of any coach who did not want to demolish their opponents from the start... What you are saying is bs...

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n309711 said:
so in your world coaches teach in game lessons risking losing games? Have you ever played or been in a huddle? I've never heard of any coach who did not want to demolish their opponents from the start... What you are saying is bs...

Played football for 4 years in high school.

I've seen more coaches concerned with teaching kids valuable lessons and strike while the iron is hot.

Also, read. I did not say to lose, but to put in a tough position. It is called strategy and is used all the time. The real good coaches are more than willing to lose a battle to win the war.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Still 8-1, still headed to SECCG. Doesn't matter. Keep on winning and it all takes care of itself.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;309715 said:
Played football for 4 years in high school.

I've seen more coaches concerned with teaching kids valuable lessons and strike while the iron is hot.

Also, read. I did not say to lose, but to put in a tough position. It is called strategy and is used all the time. The real good coaches are more than willing to lose a battle to win the war.
Yeah, that strategy would cause you to lose games you shouldn't... No coach does this

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
One thing we seem to overlook is the trap game mindset. Kevin Carter said this morning that when he was at UF, they were always on such a high after beating the Dwags that it was always a difficult time to get up for Vandy. Called it one of the toughest games they played every year because of that.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
I am not concerned about the ranking at this point but rather am very concerned about Treon's poor play and the kicking game. Gators can't win the SEC title with Harris playing like this. He's not the player he was last year and that;s inexcusable since he has better players around him and better coaches this year too. With Grier suspended until med season next year it's a scary thought thinking about the Gators QB next year. I was a believer in Treon. Was. He has to win me back. I hope he does. He has talent to work with that's for sure.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
What was our avg. starting field position yesterday? I'll bet it was near midfield!
Just how much suckge on O is there when all you score is 9 points with an average starting field position on about the 40?
4 TOs are a killer, but we have no O.

Exactly right to forget the rankings. We cannot hang. Non starter. We are not good enough to be worried about that.
Our team, at this point should have only one concern. Winning the East and now the SECC. That is, and always will be the 'first step' and goal.
I doubt we can steal a win there, and it would be a theft at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator