2015 Offensive line

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Just speculating here so feel free to jump in and correct me if you want.
LT- David Sharpe
LG-Trip Thurman
C-Cameron Dillard
RG-Kavaris Harkless
RT- Rod Johnson

Let's hear your thoughts....

Attachments

• conv_2463.jpg
    conv_2463.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 37

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds about right. A young but talented group. Once the freshmen get on campus we'll have numbers there. It's going to be a young group but we have a great o-line coach. I also think we upgraded our strength coach that should also help.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n178913 said:
Just speculating here so feel free to jump in and correct me if you want.
LT- David Sharpe
LG-Trip Thurman
C-Cameron Dillard
RG-Kavaris Harkless
RT- Rod Johnson

Let's hear your thoughts....
That looks good except I'd switch the RG to Tavares Dorsey.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Tripp was moving to center. Who knows? I expect Dillard at either C or G. Riles has actually been on the field. Harkless and Dorsey have not. Not sure what that means bc Harkless and Dorsey were hurt.

No clue how we find a functional starting OL out of that mess.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think in 2 years we will have one of the best Olines in college and after winning in Atlanta it's on to the playoff.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's what we have to go with for now. Add the 6 we signed and we're starting to get numbers. Perhaps we can have a whole 2 OL's by the fall. Not sure what all Mac has behind the starters not listed on the depth chart.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n178935 said:
I heard Tripp was moving to center. Who knows? I expect Dillard at either C or G. Riles has actually been on the field. Harkless and Dorsey have not. Not sure what that means bc Harkless and Dorsey were hurt.

No clue how we find a functional starting OL out of that mess.

It might be a mess for the near future but the flip side is a lot of young'uns are going to get thrown into the fire which ends any speculation on whether they can play or not. We won't have to listen to Meyer telling us how good Robey is going to be for 3 years:jerkit: or Chump telling us what kind of potential a converted DE(Riles) has while never seeing the field...:suicide:. We as fans will get to see for ourselves because there just aren't enough of them to keep any on the bench all season.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n178927 said:
Sounds about right. A young but talented group. Once the freshmen get on campus we'll have numbers there. It's going to be a young group but we have a great o-line coach. I also think we upgraded our strength coach that should also help.

I think you could be right but strength and being able to play are 2 different things. Trial by fire is how we're going to find players this year...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n178961 said:
That's what we have to go with for now. Add the 6 we signed and we're starting to get numbers.
We still need a HUGE OL class this year, and hopefully 3-5 jucos or transfers additionally.

About half of the big eaters never see the field. They get banged up in practice and blow out knees, backs, and shoulders trying to get strong enough to compete. Our numbers will still be terrible next year, but, f course, not worse than probation level like we are currently.

Anyway, by thoughts are that Rod Johnson will be a beast. Tripp has been very solid. Let's hope Sharpe and several others make big, big strides.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Great thread and we need to identify those individuals by position and then keep them there as a unit. Perhaps a new blocking scheme will make it easier to be successful.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think by mid season it will be:

LT: Ivey/Sharpe/Johnson
RT: Sharpe/Johnson/Mike
LG: Tripp/Dorsey/Riles
RG: Johnson/Harkless/Dorsey
C: Dillard/Tripp

We have a ton of guys coming in this class. They're going to try to redshirt as many as possible, of course. I think that Riles flips back to the DL sometime next year.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n179007 said:
We still need a HUGE OL class this year, and hopefully 3-5 jucos or transfers additionally.

About half of the big eaters never see the field. They get banged up in practice and blow out knees, backs, and shoulders trying to get strong enough to compete. Our numbers will still be terrible next year, but, f course, not worse than probation level like we are currently.

Anyway, by thoughts are that Rod Johnson will be a beast. Tripp has been very solid. Let's hope Sharpe and several others make big, big strides.

Good post. I think eventually you'll see Rod move inside to RG to make room for Ivey.
By mid season I think we'll see something like

Sharpe Thurman Dillard RJ Ivey. Maybe flip flop the tackles in 16', and Dorsey in at LG.

We need Dillard to be solid , so hopefully we can redshirt the jordan kid.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n179007 said:

I have a feeling Sharpe will have a real nice season.

I wonder which of the freshman might actually have a chance to start later in the season even if it isn't due to injuries. I think Ivey's weight might keep him from breaking out his freshman season.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
May we be inoculated against the injury bug and give this lean and young group some time to grow and gel as a unit this year.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
We are potentially 1 OL class away from the rest of the SEC being our beyotch. Great OLine play covers up so many other deficiencies. WM wanted to win by utilizing TOP, but was too dumb to realize that can't be done without some world class buffet busters up front.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n179018 said:
They're going to try to redshirt as many as possible
:suspect2: I know that is usually the case however we are dangerously thin on the offensive line......I say let them all fight like hell for starting positions and let the chips fall where they may. I normally don't like the idea of playing freshmen up front but besides maybe Sharpe and Johnson we don't know if we have any SEC caliber linemen.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;179161 said:
:suspect2: I know that is usually the case however we are dangerously thin on the offensive line......I say let them all fight like hell for starting positions and let the chips fall where they may. I normally don't like the idea of playing freshmen up front but besides maybe Sharpe and Johnson we don't know if we have any SEC caliber linemen.

Sure. If that starting line that I put there blows up then redshirting is going to go out the window. But we can stay relatively healthy we will have an okay rotation on the offensive line.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n179161 said:

Just make sure they each fake an injury this year so if they actually do get hurt in the future, we can always get'em a medical redshirt...for the previous "faked" injury. :stickpoke:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n179197 said:
Just make sure they each fake an injury this year so if they actually do get hurt in the future, we can always get'em a medical redshirt...for the previous "faked" injury. :stickpoke:

Take your pick, you've high ankle sprains, turf toe, back spasms, migraines and my favorite the old undisclosed head injury.....I just hope not to many of them get redshirted because of the dreaded "Cantplayalick" disease.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n179200 said:
Take your pick, you've high ankle sprains, turf toe, back spasms, migraines and my favorite the old undisclosed head injury.....I just hope not to many of them get redshirted because of the dreaded "Cantplayalick" disease.

I know, right.?.?.

We need to have a long list of turf toes and back spasms, etc. That way if one of them tears an ACL, breaks a leg or requires shoulder surgery, we'll always have the dreaded "turf toe" from their freshman year that we can fall back on to justify the medical hardship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.