Recruiting 2015 Recruiting Class

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's an interview with Crucial where he said the most frustrating part of the process was everyone having his weight too low.
If only we had paid staff to ensure the guys are putting on the correct kind of weight.

I hear they do that at Bammer and 110 other Div 1a schools.

Maybd then our guys wouldnt be buying
peds from GNC.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where did you get those numbers? If we take 25 it will take us back to like 72 (depending on which walkons you count). If we can take 7 Ees and count them back, we can sign 32...

And still be sitting at less than 80.
Sorry, I was just working off the 25 number. All the recruiting analysts are projecting 22-25 in this class

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I was just working off the 25 number. All the recruiting analysts are projecting 22-25 in this class
I know.....and yet maybe someday we will have 80 or more players and not whine about having no depth to handle the inevitable injuries.

Sep 29, 2015
might be all he's up to. i think he was around 240, when he graduated. There's an interview with Crucial where he said the most frustrating part of the process was everyone having his weight too low. He was sick early in the season and lost a ton of the weight he had put on. When he was at the UA practices he was unblockable. I hope he can add good weight and adjust to the speed of the game.

Alex McCalister was in the 230's range and he was pretty effective as a RSO and RJR and made the league.

Clayton was the #2 DE in the country. He should be really good in the coming years - hopefully by next year. I am happy we have him.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Considering the 2015 class started off ranked close to the 100's by the time Mac was hired, I was very impressed with how he was able to finish. Yes, some of those guys were busts, but some turned out to be pretty good players. I think that's what made the 2016 class more disappointing. In 2015 Mac was able to put forth a Herculean effort to get a bottom ranked class within the top 25 in just two months, but with a full year under his belt, he couldn't pull in a top 10 class (which is something Muschamp could do) and also missed on needed defensive talent. This year's class seems to be getting worse if things don't change soon. I really don't understand how he could recruit so well in his first class and then steadily get worse as time goes on. It's very frustrating and disappointing.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Was it really a herculean effort or do most big time programs firing coaches have big snapbacks like that in recruiting if the class is in the dumps because the coach is a dead man walking. Havent really looked at similar examples.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Was it really a herculean effort or do most big time programs firing coaches have big snapbacks like that in recruiting if the class is in the dumps because the coach is a dead man walking. Havent really looked at similar examples.

Ron Zook was a dead man walking (got fired mid-season). It helped that recruits knew Meyer was taking the job relatively soon after the season ended...but Meyer's first class wasn't great either, but cracked the top 20. Only 18 recruits, but was ranked 15th & 11th (by Rivals/Scout).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/119337-a-look-back-at-floridas-2005-football-recruiting-class

Richt's class last year was solid after Golden got canned.

Smart's class last year was solid after Richt got fired.

Harbaugh did well in year 1 (and great in year 2).

I will agree that Muschamp left a terrible class (8 commits?) for McElwain, but this is year 3. There are no more excuses.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alex McCalister was in the 230's range and he was pretty effective as a RSO and RJR and made the league.
He was a one trick pony (pass rush) who couldn't be put on the field on 1st or 2nd down because he was useless vs the run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.