2020 NFL Draft Thread

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You sure? Seemed like they just separated them into the rounds and then added undrafted, which would weight it more heavily. I probably read it wrong though.

It's not new information, even ESPN and the NFL Network talks about it. As a udfa you can choose your landing spot, pick a team that might need you and also negotiate a higher signing bonus than a 7th rounder. It's about who is managing your possibilities.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
It's not new information, even ESPN and the NFL Network talks about it. As a udfa you can choose your landing spot, pick a team that might need you and also negotiate a higher signing bonus than a 7th rounder. It's about who is managing your possibilities.
Definitely. But its also a numbers game. There are 32-45ish 7th rd picks, but 300 or so udfas. All assumed with the same skill level. I just didn't see in the article if it was taken into consideration.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely. But its also a numbers game. There are 32-45ish 7th rd picks, but 300 or so udfas. All assumed with the same skill level. I just didn't see in the article if it was taken into consideration.

I'm not referring to the article, bit other sources. 7th rounders are usually throw away picks and when the draft was 14 rounds that would be like your udfas. A 7th rounder is a camp body, that 7th or 8th wide out, if he breaks into the top 6 great he is cheap. It's all a numbers game which is why udfa land more, because their agemts/themselves can look at the roster and pick where to land. Romo said it when he chose Dallas over Denver as a udfa. Denver had an establish quarterback room, Dallas had Quincy Carter.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't Jeawon Taylor draft eligible? .
:lmao2:

He said draft eligible. I can't breathe.

Wasnt there someone earlier this year claiming he was actually the top safety in the SEC and we just didn't see it? And using some fvkked up "advanced stat" that some azzhole in a basement makes up to confirm this elite status?

BTW, I've heard he is a great dude. Hopefully he can be a good coach or something.

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A couple of ex-Gators:

CB Chris Williamson (Minnesota) drafted in the 7th round.

LB Kylan Johnson (Pitt)

I just saw this on a local website, here in GA. This kid went from no chance in hell of ever playing in college to being an NFL draft pick. Tell me again how difficult the B1G is?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Interesting tidbit:

There were 13 quarter backs who were drafted.

7 were transfers:
Burrow
Hurts
Eason
Morgan
Luton
DiNucci
Stevens

6 were NON transfers:
Tua
Herbert
Love
Fromm
McDonald
Stanley

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting. Colquitt's one of the best punters out there. I'd think they'd want them to compete before making the decision. I can't see the Chiefs using a draft pick on Townsend if they aren't intending to keep him, now that they've dumped Colquitt (probably to save some $$).
Fvkk all Colquitts and every Vole ever.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@thorku: There is one player -- out of 337 -- who was invited to the NFL Combine, went undrafted, and didn't get signed as a UDFA. His name is Shea Patterson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator