Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I just looked at Jason Eaton's film and I can see why Hevesy likes him. Aggressive pancaker but I question the level of competition. Might need a year or two to work on strength and technique. He plays kind of high, needs to bend his knees a bit more. But that is true of most OL. You can't teach aggressiveness.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Clyde Pinder is ranked one spot behind him (on the DT list), but he's several spots lower overall making him a high 3-star (vs. Goods being a low 4-star). Pinder plays at Armwood, which is a football factory. I'm not sure why he's not in the class already. Maybe we're holding out for higher ranked kids, but we both know we'd (you and I, and most of us here) would rather have a Florida kid that is ranked similarly.
Should be in the class just to try to fix our problems at Armwood.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Florida Zone (@Florida_Zone) tweeted at 8:57 PM on Sun, Jun 16, 2019:
2020 4⭐️DE Antwaun Powell will take an official visit to Florida. (6/17/19 - 6/19/19) #GatorGangXX #ToTheSwamp
(: Brian Dohn, 247Sports) Florida Zone on Twitter
()

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Anyone think this is just another marvelous Kirby Troll Job? I think he’s gonna keep doing it until we whoop his ass...some ppl just need that

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Chantz Williams (@_chantzler) tweeted at 8:54 PM on Sun, Jun 16, 2019:
I will be committing on my father’s birthday
210 pounds.

Why are we shopping in only one aisle?

To be clear, IDGAF about this kid or any other of these rushbackers.

Last edited:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I think Marcus Rosemy could be another one.

I think that too...he’s either an evil genius or he knows Dan can’t beat him in recruiting or on the field and he’s just pushing his face in it...either way he needs to get get his or Dan is just checkers and Kirby’s just too far in his head

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think Marcus Rosemy could be another one.

Luckily we don't need small DE's/OLB's and there are plenty of other WR's as talented and capable of blocking. I'm more concerned about the line of scrimmage (OL's and DT's specifically).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Chantz Williams (@_chantzler) tweeted at 8:54 PM on Sun, Jun 16, 2019:
I will be committing on my father’s birthday July 20th. @FootballUGA @LSUFBrecruiting @GatorRecruiting Chantz Williams on Twitter
()

I got a text from a bud....with a quote from Luke Stampini:

"It's disappointing that Chantz is supposedly not a take currently, but I've also seen this story before and they end up in UF's class. That said, if Chantz picks elsewhere that's another hit to the perception of UF, and UF isn't exactly in position to take any more hits to their perception on the recruiting trail. Especially when I get messages from other powerhouse programs that say, "I'm starting to feel bad for UF."

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
We are # 7 class with an entire oline coming back next year. ( let's just hope they are good enough this year)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Especially when I get messages from other powerhouse programs that say, "I'm starting to feel bad for UF."
We deserve this.

Totally self-inflicted while half our alums clapped and called Fooley the GOAT.

UAA were some greedy motherfvkkers too. Didnt say "hey, we got enough, stop sending donations". No, they kept giving themselves raises and hiring more bureaucrats. But fvkk football and all the other sports.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We deserve this.

Totally self-inflicted while half our alums clapped and called Fooley the GOAT.

Yep. I know you don't want Williams due to him being - another - OLB/WDE type that we already have too many of. But the point was the part you quoted - it's the perception. Perception becomes reality. There's something toxic going on. I'm not sure if it's the coaches, the sh*tty facilities/dorms, or just the last 9+ years of mediocrity.

I've said a dozen times, I really like Dan Mullen and I think he cares and I think he's trying his hardest. None of this is due to laziness or a lack of effort. I do think he needs to take a step back and re-evaluate. Because something's not working.

And for the "we're currently ranked 7th" crowd...it's because we have 14 commits. Unless we get higher ranked kids our ranking will drop 3 to 10 spots when the powerhouses behind us start to fill up. And...that isn't really the point of the quote from Stampini. There's a perception out there that UF can't close, can't pull in the big name kids from programs we supposedly own (namely Bowman), etc.

There's still a lot of time.....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's something toxic going on. I'm not sure if it's the coaches, the sh*tty facilities/dorms, or just the last 9+ years of mediocrity......
All of the above me thinks, mediocre recruiters (only one of these assistants was being hunted by other programs) , nearly zero support staff, worse than some CUSA facilities, and 9 years of losing embarassingly and proof that this ADO isnt committed to excellence, just being "competitive" (eventually, maybe).

It is so easy to negative recruit against us right now.

Until we do commit to being elite again, I can see why kids and parents go elsewhere to programs that are trying to win championships.

There is still a lot of time
No there isnt. These classes echo on the field three years later. The 2020 class will determine, more or less, our performance in 2023. If we remain mired in 3rdish in SEC East as is likely, Mullins wont survive longer than that. 6 years is the outside window of how long he will get. Right now I expect year three to be disastrous, but he gets year 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator