Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Robinson has done a really good jobs.
Really? Every ILB on the team is a Butters holdover, but I guess we gotta suck on any Dwag around here these days.

As much as I like Wingo, he mostly plays DE right now and is an edge blitzer. He will struggle with the transition to ILB as much as Burney and any of the OLB/safety/DE blitzers we've landed.

LB recruiting is at least as bad as DT and safety recruiting. Tell me who is playing the ILB spots in the future, Burney and Wingo? One of the 190- 200 pound kids like Diabate? A safety?

LB play itself has been questionable at best and terrible often. It isn't just a recruiting problem.

We are going to suck in the middle and vs the run, even when the Dwagchoker is gone.

But yeah, apparenly we have to mumble how great Robinson is just bc some writers seem to like the Dwag personally. And he's doing a really good job... at something. Not sure what it is.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Really? Every ILB on the team is a Butters holdover, but I guess we gotta suck on any Dwag around here these days.

As much as I like Wingo, he mostly plays DE right now and is an edge blitzer. He will struggle with the transition to ILB as much as Burney and any of the OLB/safety/DE blitzers we've landed.

LB recruiting is at least as bad as DT and safety recruiting.

We are going to suck in the middle and vs the run, even when the Dwagchoker is gone.

He brought in Hopper, Diabate, Pierre, Reese and Black (I know, Black didn't qualify). I know you don't like him because he went to UGA, but once these guys become coaches they are mercenaries. We can go all up and down the college coaching ranks and see it. He's got energy, he's one of the few who knows how to use twitter, and he's got kids interested in UF again. If he gets Hyppolite this will be another good LB class. Again, I know you don't like him....you've posted it 8700 times, but Mullen ain't scrubbing the entire coaching staff. So if he's going to boot a coach or two Robinson is near the bottom of the list.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He brought in Hopper, Diabate, Pierre, Reese and Black (I know, Black didn't qualify).
Not one ILB amongst them. All outside or blitz backers, and Reese is a safety. Next.

Wingo is the only PROJECTED ILB and he doesn't play it now either. It's going to be a big transition for him.

You realize we are talking about different positions, right? We don't have one fvkking MLB/ILB on the damn team and we need about 4 right damn now. (2 a year should be the goal.)

You think our run defense sucks now, wait til Diabate and Burney are playing the two ILB positions, with two 240 pounders playing DT in front of them.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not one ILB amongst them.

All outside or blitz backers, and Reese is a safety.

Next.

Maybe he's recruiting who he's being told to recruit? That goes up to the DC and/or head coach. And Reese isn't playing Safety at 225lbs either - at least not for this coaching staff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he's recruiting who he's being told to recruit? That goes up to the DC and/or head coach. And Reese isn't playing Safety at 225lbs either - at least not for this coaching staff.
Big Reese has been moved to DE/Buck it seems per the spring practice reports. He hasn't taken snaps inside.

I know 225 seems like a giant of a safety on our defense now. 10 more pounds and they will move him to nose.

As for being told who to recruit, he has the final input before it goes to DC. If he is getting bad orders, it's his job to fix it.

So if our LB play on the field is skakey at best and often garbage, and we havent landed an ILB for two years, tell me again why you sing his praises?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Big Reese has been moved to DE/Buck it seems per the spring practice reports. He hasn't taken snaps inside.

I know 225 seems like a giant of a safety on our defense now. 10 more pounds and they will move him to nose.

As for being told who to recruit, he has the final input before it goes to DC. If he is getting bad orders, it's his job to fix it.

So if our LB play on the field is skakey at best and often garbage, and we havent landed an ILB for two years, tell me again why you sing his praises?

You're right, I'm wrong. Robinson needs to go.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Finally, you got something right. Two things really.

3 things:
1) you right
2) him wrong
3) Robinson needs to go.

Can good facilities schools be emphasizing us dragging on facilities shows that we are not serious about football.??
I mean our rivals can really pitch that as bad - not caring about players' creature comforts.??

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Can good facilities schools be emphasizing us dragging on facilities shows that we are not serious about football.??
I mean our rivals can really pitch that as bad - not caring about players' creature comforts.??
I hope that's what they are emphasizing, because that's pretty dumb. Are they telling recruits we plan to keep 2 baseball fields?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sims and Beck.

giphy.gif

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Elite 11 tracker:

That’s awesome. Dude is right at 65% - supposedly a big predictor of college success, especially considering his WRs aren’t great and his measurables/athleticism are perfect for CDM. Like this guy more with every update. EDIT: Just noticed his YPA is over 10 - dang... Excited to get him here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
look there's no doubt that Mullen is playing with a bad hand on facilities. A terrible hand. It sucks that the kids visit Houston, UCF or Memphis and see better facilities.

There's no doubt that it affects the decisions. If I'm looking at a conference or training and one is at a Hyatt resort and the other is at a forty year old Motel 6 with a drop ceiling and carpet squares, you can guess which one I choose. Certainly when the decision is close I think our facililities hurts us and are an excuse for Mullen.

that being said it's not the only consideration. scUM has terrible facilities also, really no facilities, and they are bringing home approximately twice the top Florida talent than we are. many times the decision isn't close and we're watching the top kids choose between the better schools and we aren't even the discussion. even top Florida talent don't even consider us.

it's very expensive to replace a coach. it would be a lot less expensive to give this coach a large competitive recruiting staff, an upgraded onfield staff w some elite recruiters, at least above average facilities. I know we're never building a Taj Mahal, no one expects that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That’s awesome. Dude is right at 65% - supposedly a big predictor of college success, especially considering his WRs aren’t great and his measurables/athleticism are perfect for CDM. Like this guy more with every update. EDIT: Just noticed his YPA is over 10 - dang... Excited to get him here.
Honestly, excited isnt enough for me, I am giddy about AR.

I was giddy from the beginning when some people, even my own flesh and blood, were lusting over pocket passers instead.

He was a run for first quarterback and a project. Now he's a BIG quarterback who isn't afraid to run and who has developed into an elite passer w a big arm.

Tue fact that he's developed so quickly and taking so well to coaching says a lot about his work ethic and his ability to be a student of the game.

If you made a quarterback in a lab to run Dan Mullen's offense, you would make AR15.

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
5 Star TE Darnell Washington will also be in the Swamp this weekend for an official. The way we’ve used Pitts has really opened his eyes

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
honestly, I'm giddy about AR.

I was giddy from the beginning when some people, even my own flesh and blood, were lusting over pocket passers instead.

He was a run for first quarterback and a project. Now he's a BIG quarterback who isn't afraid to run and who has developed into an elite passer w a big arm.

Tue fact that he's developed so quickly and taking so well to coaching says a lot about his work ethic and his ability to be a student of the game.

If you made a quarterback in a lab to run Dan Mullen's offense, you would make AR15.

Add to that, think about the team that will be ready for him to take the reins in two years: Depth and experience on both sides of the ball that will allow him to just step in and take the offense to the next level. Lots of parallels to Tebow. Local kid coming to be the keystone. Superior athlete with strong work ethic. He may turn into something even better.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
5 Star TE Darnell Washington will also be in the Swamp this weekend for an official. The way we’ve used Pitts has really opened his eyes

You have to wonder if having Franks in there would have diminished Pitts’ impact. I think so.

Poor blocks is all this kid would have seen from us at TE.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
You have to wonder if having Franks in there would have diminished Pitts’ impact. I think so.

Poor blocks is all this kid would have seen from us at TE.
Yeah. I like Franks but I think we all know the obvious. It was just not well oiled with him out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.