Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I clicked on Richardsons link and the highlight video came up. Why are half of his highlights of him playing WR? That worries me. I really hope we go out and get a JUCO QB for depth. I really don't want to get to a point where we are having a running QB with little hope of completing passes.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I clicked on Richardsons link and the highlight video came up. Why are half of his highlights of him playing WR? That worries me. I really hope we go out and get a JUCO QB for depth. I really don't want to get to a point where we are having a running QB with little hope of completing passes.
The videos I have seen have shown AR to be better and better regarding his passing. Still drops the ball too much, a habit developed by tuck/run, but has improved. His stats this season definitely bore that out, from what I saw.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I clicked on Richardsons link and the highlight video came up. Why are half of his highlights of him playing WR?

I'm not sure what you were watching. Here are vids of him at QB.

And if you want to watch a full game from his junior season, here ya go. He's a lot better now. The game starts about 42 minutes into the video.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From those videos above he needs a lot of work. Pretty slow release and not much velocity. Somewhat accurate but not very accurate when rolling out. Not accurate at all when rolling out to his left.

He has a great frame and obviously a strong arm, but he needs a lot of work. It would take two or three years for him to be ready. We need EJ to stick around.

Having Trask next year And having EJ in the wings is going to be great for the team. I think Del Rio is much more polished as a junior than than AR is now.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Oh it’s somebody

another DE im sure. at this point i couldnt care less about another edge rusher, especially if they are a tweener. would it kill these guys to get some real linebackers or safeties? We got wingo, but we could use some more.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
another DE im sure. at this point i couldnt care less about another edge rusher, especially if they are a tweener. would it kill these guys to get some real linebackers or safeties? We got wingo, but we could use some more.
We’ve got one edge on the board and everybody else is interior/strongside guys

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We’ve got one edge on the board and everybody else is interior/strongside guys
our existing roster has plenty in that mold. its all theyve been recruiting, regardless of where they are currently projected to or already playing. I like the DL haul this class for sure, but LB and safety overall is still in shambles. if its a blue chip and not a tweener ill take them, but dammit, get some safeties and LBs for christ sake, and real ones too, not the dang tweeners.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
our existing roster has plenty in that mold. its all theyve been recruiting, regardless of where they are currently projected to or already playing. I like the DL haul this class for sure, but LB and safety overall is still in shambles. if its a blue chip and not a tweener ill take them, but dammit, get some safeties and LBs for christ sake, and real ones too, not the dang tweeners.

We have one of the better safeties in the country committed in Torrance. I couldn’t tell you anything about Britt – looks like a reach to me, but I don’t know.

I miss the days of the five star safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator