Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Page 185 in this thread is gold (the discussion about if Janvier is a good take or not....)

So BMF, you maintain this Rivals 4* was a “horrible” pickup?

Dude... cool your titties. He’s a Rivals 4*. Ranked 225 nationally by them. No ones arguing we don’t need OT’s also, but it’d be silly not to take one or two guards in every class. With the injury rate on OL...We need to average around 4 - 5 offensive lineman per class. Why the hell are you so up in arms over this. Seems like a good pickup. At least Rivals would indicate so. You seen the kid play or something? He steal your kids lunch money? What gives?

And as far as his offer list you mock. That also includes Auburn and LSU. Also, the kids said he hopes we beat the sht outta Miami. With that comment, I love the kid already

Still happy we landed Janvier?

:haters:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Page 185 in this thread is gold (the discussion about if Janvier is a good take or not....)

Still happy we landed Janvier?

:haters:
I thought my takes were going to be bad but eh. Just wondered why the two sites were way off. Rivals changed there’s and dropped him really low too. Kid did Super poor at the summer camps

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I thought my takes were going to be bad but eh. Just wondered why the two sites were way off. Rivals changed there’s and dropped him really low too. Kid did Super poor at the summer camps

He did very well when camping as a junior. I don't know what happened to him, but he got very out of shape, went to camps his senior year, and looked awful. It seems that lack of discipline involved the classroom as well. This wasn't an Ethan White situation who ballooned up due to injury. This kid simply didn't want to put in the work to be a gator. Good riddance.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t Mullen take a woman beater at one point? Didn’t we have a bunch of “fails to qualify” last year? You really think taking a chance on a troubled kid is beyond Mullen?
Im told and it has been mentioned that he was warned to fix that.

Cowbell and Ogre will take rapists or woman beaters, we wont.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He did very well when camping as a junior. I don't know what happened to him, but he got very out of shape, went to camps his senior year, and looked awful. It seems that lack of discipline involved the classroom as well. This wasn't an Ethan White situation who ballooned up due to injury. This kid simply didn't want to put in the work to be a gator. Good riddance.
Yeah they gave him a shot. It was said they told him to put the work in throughout the year and he didn’t. Glad to see them not honor it regardless.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Shorter not coming apparently. Staff said now or never I guess and he’s busy banging a blonde in Pennsylvania and doesn’t want to move away yet

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Shorter not coming apparently. Staff said now or never I guess and he’s busy banging a blonde in Pennsylvania and doesn’t want to move away yet

Can't get in or doesn't want to be a gator and looking elsewhere?

* Okay, what I quoted and what is in the quote are very different. :dunno:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I got raked over the coals saying he was a bad take. I think he would have transferred out before his 3rd season if he had signed. He'll probably end up the star of FSU's class.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mehhh.... fat receiver not coming? Im not losing any sleep.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

There's a reason Franklin was frustrated with him. Seems Mullen found out first hand as well.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Top Five Remaining 2020 Targets before National Signing Day

Top Five Remaining 2020 Targets before National Signing Day
  1. Four-star S Avantae Williams
The Florida Gators 2019 defense was one of the top ranked defenses in the country. They did an exceptional job of getting to the quarterback and forcing turnovers. One weakness for the Florida Gators defense was the safety position. Outside of Shawn Davis, Florida didn’t have much production from the safety position and don’t have a lot of depth. Florida has signed some solid safeties to the 2020 class like Under Armour All-American Mordecai McDaniel. They still need to add more and Avantae Williams is their primary target. On the 247 Sports Composite Rankings, Williams is the 55th ranked recruit and second ranked safety in the country. He’s also cousins with running back Lorenzo Lingard. Williams is down to Florida, Miami and Ole Miss with the Gators perceived to be leading. Williams will take his official visit to Florida on January 24th.
  1. Four-star C Sedrick Van Pran
Another Under Armour All-American the Gators are very high on is Sedrick Van Pran. The Louisiana native is currently committed to the Georgia Bulldogs but didn’t sign his NLI in December. Florida is trying to make a late push for one of the top centers in the country. Van Pran still has three more official visits available as Florida is trying to get him to use one on the Gators. On the 247 Sports Composite Rankings, Sedrick Van Pran is the 111th ranked recruit and the third ranked center in the country. Florida has already signed a really solid offensive line class but Van Pran would be the cherry on top to their recruiting class.

1. Four-star RB Ashaad Clayton
Another Warren Easton High School recruit that’s high on Florida’s recruiting board is Ashaad Clayton. The Louisiana native is currently committed to the Colorado Buffaloes but didn’t sign his NLI on December. Clayton has already used an official visit on Colorado and also visited Kansas last month. Clayton has already scheduled his official visit to Florida for January 24th. Florida is one of the biggest threats to flip Clayton but things might change with the addition of Lorenzo Lingard. Florida might not need to sign a running back this class with Lingard transferring in. If Florida does take a running back, Clayton will likely be their main target since Jahmyr Gibbs cancelled his plans to officially visit Florida. On the 247 Sports Composite Rankings, Clayton is the 218th ranked recruit and the 18th ranked running back in the country.
  1. Three-star ATH Damarcus Beckwith
During an unofficial visit to Florida, Damarcus Beckwith announced that the Florida Gators were his leader in his recruitment. Florida still leads for Beckwith but will need to recruit harder with other programs trying to swarm in. Beckwith has already set his official visit to Florida on January 24th. Beckwith is a big time athlete that would make a great fit in Florida’s offense. The Gators are currently recruiting Beckwith as a tight end and Florida’s tight end coach Larry Scott is his primary recruiter. At 6’4” 215 pounds, Beckwith has the size and strength to be a very good tight end at the next level. On the 247 Sports Composite Rankings, Beckwith is the 385th ranked recruit and the 18th ranked athlete in the country.
  1. Four-star RB Henry Parrish
Henry Parrish is an intriguing recruit and has made a huge jump in the recruiting rankings. Parrish started off the season as a three-star recruit ranked in the 700s. He’s currently a four-star recruit and the 300th ranked recruit and the 24th ranked running back in the country. Parrish was also committed to Pittsburgh but backed off his pledge once he started to receive more interest from some big name schools. Many believe Florida is leading in his recruitment but if Florida lands Clayton, Parrish would likely end up elsewhere. Ole Miss is a school that has started to become more involved in Parrish’s recruitment. Henry Parrish hasn’t schedule any official visit for January yet but Florida and Ole Miss are very likely to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator