Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Scrolling through the twitter feeds, there's several tweets from kids who won't even come close to sniffing a UF offer (like 5'6 running backs, 6'1 300lb OG's, 5'8 DB's etc, w/ offers from Central Arkansas and other small schools). These kids are posting pics in UF uniforms, pics w/ Mullen and/or other UF position coaches, pics inside the Swamp doing the Chomp w/ family members, etc. The positive here is these kids go back and talk to their teammate, who's a stud 4-star recruit and tells them, "I'd go to UF if I was you!" This is building relationships.

6'2 300lb OG 2-star:

5'8 170lb DB 2-star:

Keane Lewis, Miami Northwestern HS, Cornerback

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Plan B. I assume, to get back into Jacksonville, we'll have to take a few kids like this.

Well, we got his teammate in the 2019 class and we're after two of their CB's. We're not taking 7 OL's in this class, so I hope they're a little more selective. We need high 4-stars...but I'm okay w/ one Plan B in this class.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Penn State is probably the biggest threat, but he still hasn't even visited there.

Joe Milton went to Michigan a couple of years ago, and he was a similar style QB.

Higdon is feeling pretty confident that AR will be back in this class and he was confident back when Beck was thought to be coming here.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Who else is in the running for him?

John Garcia, a 247 writer, interviewed him and AR said he is down to four teams: UF, Michigan, Penn State, and......UCF (seriously). Garcia is hesitant to put in a CB pick for anyone until he sees what happens w/ the B10 schools. Again, if we lose out on AR our QB board is razor thin (we either have to flip a kid or turn a kid who is a heavy lean elsewhere....or get a big time Plan B).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
John Garcia, a 247 writer, interviewed him and AR said he is down to four teams: UF, Michigan, Penn State, and......UCF (seriously). Garcia is hesitant to put in a CB pick for anyone until he sees what happens w/ the B10 schools. Again, if we lose out on AR our QB board is razor thin (we either have to flip a kid or turn a kid who is a heavy lean elsewhere....or get a big time Plan B).
AR is a plan B. Surely there's someone more polished that we can snag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator