Recruiting 2022 Recruiting Thread: Evers and CJ Smith Decommit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the political wingnut fruitcakes are fuchsing annoying. Apparently we thought being THE OTHER QA quack conspiracy theory website was a good idea. One wasn't enough. The fact that "Freed Voices" fell flat on it's face wasn't enough of a sign. The membership has certainly dropped a ton since that happened. People just don't want to read that bull shyt.

Ox doesn't care. I guess he needs to feed his desire that regarding the election when he said, in December, "This isnt over." :rollingeyes:

Youre kidding yourself however about the other forums being positive. 247 is about half rival fans mocking our shytfest and Rivals is more negative than we are (because they are recruitniks in a way that none of us are, really).

You're kidding yourself again. There isn't any info on those sites either because there is nothing to talk about other than where Douchbag Dan is vacationing this week.

What do you talk about during totally blacked spring training without even the press parrots being allowed in, and a staff that has landed 5 players in six months? What football content do we discuss? Other than Tebow? Talk about pictures of the players flexing on twitter?

There is no discussion of Gator football because there isn't anything going on in Gator football and there's a complete absence of hope or excitement about it. We know damn well what is coming.

2014 was the last year I was like this although I really didn't ever return. There was that one slight glimmer of hope when Will Grier ignored Butters and scored a bunch of points but the reality is this program continues to circle the shtter. We are the damn FANATICS and WE don't have any interest anymore.

As for the five stars, are we gettin errbody again? How many committed today?

Zero committed. Recruiting has been atrocious. Better than the last two idiots. But still atrocious.

I agree with just about everything that you posted. However, the other sites do have a lot of information on recruiting. Now a lot of it is coming from the writers, but some nice tidbits do come from the regulars who post there. Just like we used to have.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I think it’s going to have to be. Bond just lined up and OV with Bama. So we will have to keep an eye on that.

I haven’t seen us in the mix for any elite, lengthy receivers. Although, in all honesty, Most elite receivers are probably under 6’2.
I’m not sure any of the elite Clemson or Bama receivers were that tall.

I’d say were probably about 50-50 with Gentry? And probably about a 30% chance with Stewart?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Better than the last two idiots.
Sorry, hermano, but that is demonstrably false.

Using Rivals 2020 Team Rankings change the year to check each if you want.

Chimp
2011 #12
2012 #3 3 five stars
2013 #4 2 five stars

Butters
2014 #8 1 5*
2015 #23 2 5*
2016 #14 1 5*

Douchebag
2017 #9
2018 #17
2019 #8 1 5*
2020 #7 2 5*

There is just no way to spin that as "BETTER". It isn't more balanced, even. Butters landed more receiver, back talent. Chimp landed more QB talent. No one seems to give a damn about OL or DL.

On defense, Douchebag lands nothing but DBs and blitzbackers, almost exacty like Chimp. I don't even know how to describe Butter's defensive recruiting. Sunbelt I guess is the best description.

However, the other sites do have a lot of information on recruiting. Now a lot of it is coming from the writers, but some nice tidbits do come from the regulars who post there. Just like we used to have.
Sorry, but "we wish we could get this guy" ... who recruits to Bammer, Ugly, or Barn on his visit there, really isn't information. It's just daydreaming.

Bro, I will log out and be gone at least a month. You let me know if recruiting or the traffic on this site picks up.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think it’s going to have to be. Bond just lined up and OV with Bama. So we will have to keep an eye on that.

I haven’t seen us in the mix for any elite, lengthy receivers. Although, in all honesty, Most elite receivers are probably under 6’2.
I’m not sure any of the elite Clemson or Bama receivers were that tall.

I’d say were probably about 50-50 with Gentry? And probably about a 30% chance with Stewart?

We need a big year from Emory and the offense. Not to say that solves all our problems, but this will be “2007” in that Mullen will have all his pieces in place to run his O. If we’re great, it will help. If we’re not, I don’t even want to think about that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need a big year from Emory and the offense. Not to say that solves all our problems, but this will be “2007” in that Mullen will have all his pieces in place to run his O.

If he can’t do it this year, he’ll never be able to do it. His coaching will always keep us in games. But we just won’t have the horses to run in the SEC. He has a lot of interest from top-flight kids. But nobody’s biting. We’ll see.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If he can’t do it this year, he’ll never be able to do it. His coaching will always keep us in games. But we just won’t have the horses to run in the SEC. He has a lot of interest from top-flight kids. But nobody’s biting. We’ll see.

It’s mind boggling though. Why wouldn’t you want to play some part of this offense? I get that maybe a traditional NFL WR may not see value, but we’re not even seeing the smaller, faster types lining up.

And if you’re Dan, how do you not see that guys like PH and TT were the reason you have the rings you like to show off?

Facilities and top-brass commitment will always be an issue, but it’s more than just that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, hermano, but that is demonstrably false.

Using Rivals 2020 Team Rankings change the year to check each if you want.

Chimp
2011 #12
2012 #3 3 five stars
2013 #4 2 five stars

Butters
2014 #8 1 5*
2015 #23 2 5*
2016 #14 1 5*

Douchebag
2017 #9
2018 #17
2019 #8 1 5*
2020 #7 2 5*

There is just no way to spin that as "BETTER". It isn't more balanced, even. Butters landed more receiver, back talent. Chimp landed more QB talent. No one seems to give a damn about OL or DL.

On defense, Douchebag lands nothing but DBs and blitzbackers, almost exacty like Chimp. I don't even know how to describe Butter's defensive recruiting. Sunbelt I guess is the best description.

Sorry, but "we wish we could get this guy" ... who recruits to Bammer, Ugly, or Barn on his visit there, really isn't information. It's just daydreaming.

Bro, I will log out and be gone at least a month. You let me know if recruiting or the traffic on this site picks up.

Chump had higher ranked classes for sure. But they were wildly unbalanced.

Mullen does the best job of plugging in transfers. Chump did an OK job with that on the OL. But it was just a bunch of Band-Aids and eventually the OL fell apart.

Butters was just dog ****. He normally landed a couple elite kids but the rest of the class was just terrible.

I just saw on 247 that we’re leading for Tre Donaldson. He’s a 260th ranked player in the country. And everybody’s all excited about it.

The 260th ranked player? That’s not elite. Particularly for safety.

Elite classes are judged on how many top 100 players you get. It’s nice to get players in the next 150 (top 250), but the truly elite ones tend to be the top 100.

I can’t recall the numbers, but I think one year Meyer had like 10 kids in the top 100.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s mind boggling though. Why wouldn’t you want to play some part of this offense? I get that maybe a traditional NFL WR may not see value, but we’re not even seeing the smaller, faster types lining up.

And if you’re Dan, how do you not see that guys like PH and TT were the reason you have the rings you like to show off?

Facilities and top-brass commitment will always be an issue, but it’s more than just that.

it’s mainly because these guys are not recruiters. They don’t know how to sell. Even when kids want to commit, they normally tell the kids to take all their visits and make sure they wanna commit.

It’s really crazy. They think they’re doing the right things for the kids. Maybe they are? But their job is to get kids into orange and blue. Does that mean sometimes you’re going to bring in kids they don’t pan out? They don’t mesh? Yes.

But that’s part of the business.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

We get 100 offical visits, right? something like that. It is a finite number.

And we WASTE one on Marvin Freaking Jones Jr. A guy who was born with Clown DNA.

It’s mind boggling though. Why wouldn’t you want to play some part of this offense? .

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Not sure if serious.

Yeah.... what WR wouldnt want to come to UF and get 500 yards receiving and barely get to play until their final year when the could have gone to Bammer, LSU or Clemson and gotten 1200-1800 yards a year.

And what RB doesnt want to sit and watch the QB take at least half of the carries and most of the scores?

What QB doesnt want to come here and be the primary back. And even if you are as immobile but as accurate passing as Trash, knowing Douchebag will call 30 option runs a game compared to 39 passes (on average).

You're right. I can't figure out why no elite kids wants to play in this offense.

Maybe its just me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members