Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agree on defense. I think most defenses across the board will be better. It's no coincidence that all were off last year. .
Not all were off. Just the SEC.

The SEC were "off" bc of the massive changes in playing style which started with LSU two years ago, all the high octane OC or HC hires, and even our own offense which was forced on us by playing a QB who cant run boring ass Mullinz ball.

Saban ball is dead and the SEC is coming out of the era of think Chimp and people like him are competent HCs.

Still have several Chimps in the SEC East though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we're going in already penciling in a loss to a guy like Ed O, we officially have the wrong coach
Only a fool thinks we are winning.

Not only so we pencil in losses, but we can pencil in losses to Ogres scout team if it comes to that by 45 players sitting out again.

It's why I constantly say the problems run may deeper than Dan Mullen.
bingo

it's honestly easier to come up with things that are right about our athletic department and football program.

I guess we could say we're the flagship in a state with great talent; and

we have or had a huge fan base that provided $150ish million per year.

I have trouble thinking of anything else.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Do we want him whe Bama gray shirts him?
Was just thinking this in my head. Will he actually get a scholarship or will he fall victim to Bama dangling the carrot in front of him.

Watched the highlights for Niblack and Burt.

Niblack plays with an attitude and has good size. Would guess that Bama would use him as rush end on defense, possibly a outside backer.

Burt has good but not great speed. Seems to have a knack to be wherever the ball is when playing defense. He has good change of direction and quick hips. My guess would be that they plan on using him in the secondary.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
While you guys are having this pissing contest, we just landed a super head-scratching Butters Special commitment:

giphy.gif

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dan Mullen is a much better coach than what you’re saying.

It’s really strange that you hate him so much and you talk about his professionalism all the time when you were a huge Chump and MacElstain nut swinger. Those guys were a true embarrassment to the program from a professionalism standpoint. Mullen is not even close to their level in that regard.

Three years ago 99% of his board would’ve been tripping over themselves to have the kind of production that Mullen has had.

This board has gone full retard.

Does recruiting need to get better? Yes!

Does he need to get rid of some of these stale ass coaches? Yes!

Hell, we all thought that Hevesy was going to dominate with the OL. He was a huge step up from the Butters OL coach. But his recruiting has been crap. And honestly, his coaching is average at best. I’m pretty certain that there’s a reason why he Meyer didn’t try to get him when he left.

How in the hell is Knox still here?

predictably, everyone sh1tted on you and shouted you down. But here’s an honest, level headed response, from none other than me.

you mention that recruiting needs to change and coaches need to be fired.

we hate Mullen, because he won’t do the simplest things. You see it, I see it, Mullen has to see it, yet he sits and does nothing.

You say all we need to do is fix this and that, but it won’t happen. We see that, but apparently you don’t. And that’s the disconnect. We saw it before he was hired.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While you guys are having this pissing contest, we just landed a super head-scratching Butters Special commitment:

I mean this with no disrespect to the kid but who the **** is this and why is he commitment accepted?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Well ... theyve seen him.

We are 3 star U. He is at least is from Florida. Id rather have a reach from Florida than a reach from Alabama or Texas.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Let's be real. If he's playing DB for Grantham , we'll probably be changing his name to Jamrrien "Burnt".

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I mean this with no disrespect to the kid but who the **** is this and why is he commitment accepted?

Great question. I’m getting a McCollum twins vibe here with this commit . Don’t this kid takes any snaps outside of blowouts and non conference Sally Sues .

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
predictably, everyone sh1tted on you and shouted you down. But here’s an honest, level headed response, from none other than me.

you mention that recruiting needs to change and coaches need to be fired.

we hate Mullen, because he won’t do the simplest things. You see it, I see it, Mullen has to see it, yet he sits and does nothing.

You say all we need to do is fix this and that, but it won’t happen. We see that, but apparently you don’t. And that’s the disconnect. We saw it before he was hired.

I agree with you. 100%. I didn’t like the hire day 1.

I just don’t think that he has been as bad as everyone is saying. Football has been fun to watch again. I haven’t consistently watched Gator football since 2012. But I have over the last 2 years. Because of Mullen.

Is he the answer? Probably not. Mainly because of his subpar recruiting and his absurd devotion to subpar coaches. But other than the absolute shytfest we saw on D last year, I’ve loved watching football again.

Even under Spurrier we had some head scratching losses.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Even under Spurrier we had some head scratching losses.
You can get away with ahead scratching loss when you are bringing home the SEC trophy every year and go to the Sugar Bowl (would be playoffs.today, not second in the SEC like now) every year.

It is funny when people bring up things like Satan losing to geographic school in his first year as evidence that all shytty coaches are Saban.

Comparing sorry azz Mullinz to SOS or Meyer is just like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.