Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ficarrotta is throwing batting practice

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Half of the top 8 seeds lost their games yesterday. All to crap teams on their home field. This is baseball.
Some of these folks don't understand that baseball in not a talent driven outcome. Except for overwhelming pitchers and even they have really bad days. Baseball is a past time. And makes you mad.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Most talented player to ever come through UF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am guessing we start Fisher. Has not thrown yet this weekend. But purely a guess. But here is a silly idea. In this exact situation last year, Finnvold came out of the bullpen and pitched like 8 2/3 innings to beat Okie and I think he had pitched maybe twice all season. I have no idea if Finnvold is on the tourney roster or even on the team, but I think he has pitched like twice this season. Total craziness but maybe another Big 12 team is not capable of hitting a leftys floating cotton balls. But we have a lot more arms than we had last year, so I am really just drawing a parallel.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Some of these folks don't understand that baseball in not a talent driven outcome. Except for overwhelming pitchers and even they have really bad days. Baseball is a past time. And makes you mad.

Thanks for that wisdom but I am not referring to the quirks of the game. I have been a student of the game for over 60 years and I understand the quirks. I am referring to the obvious and continual lack of training and discipline of Sully's teams since year one. It's the offensive approach at the plate, the defensive approach by having 2 half-decent 3rd basemen or one real first baseman since he's been here. The coaches don't teach them how to play the positions. And on the mound ~ how many times have our pitchers grooved fastballs down the middle of the plate to shrink leads and even lose games.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I am guessing we start Fisher. Has not thrown yet this weekend. But purely a guess. But here is a silly idea. In this exact situation last year, Finnvold came out of the bullpen and pitched like 8 2/3 innings to beat Okie and I think he had pitched maybe twice all season. I have no idea if Finnvold is on the tourney roster or even on the team, but I think he has pitched like twice this season. Total craziness but maybe another Big 12 team is not capable of hitting a leftys floating cotton balls. But we have a lot more arms than we had last year, so I am really just drawing a parallel.
It's either Fisher, Tejada, or Nesbitt. I would tell Neely to be ready to come in early and stay late. We need or bats to give us some room to breathe a little .If TT is going with Zane Petty he is clearly beatable with 10 starts and only 33 innings pitched

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It's either Fisher, Tejada, or Nesbitt. I would tell Neely to be ready to come in early and stay late. We need or bats to give us some room to breathe a little .If TT is going with Zane Petty he is clearly beatable with 10 starts and only 33 innings pitched
Tejada would be a no IMO. He sux. He is purely a mid week guy and 1 rung above Finnvold. He comes in only as the last of last resorts.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Tejada would be a no IMO. He sux. He is purely a mid week guy and 1 rung above Finnvold. He comes in only as the last of last resorts.
I put them in the order I would start them so I agree he isn't ready, he doesn't sux but he's not ready for this but who would have guessed Finnvold could do what he did last year. Bottom line we have to find 18 innings of pitching and we know our top three are done for today and Monday if we survive tonight. I am not convinced our situation is any worse than TT when you look at their stats.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In the Hogs vs TCU game, a TCU player has two grand slams it is only the second inning. And the player only has two home runs the whole year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.