Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasting Caglione

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
And an undefeated Ass To Mouth team rolling into town this weekend. They have actually played a couple of good teams, unlike the Clowns, until tonight. Though it is debatable if we can be considered a good team?:dunno:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Excellent, we let FSUcks get a record 13-0 start and we face undefeated A&M this weekend. It's possible we will assist two teams in setting school records. At some point Sully will have to stop being captain hook and pulling young pitchers after one bad AB, it's part of growing some cohunes. Pitcher does poorly and puts runner(s) on with a walk, go to the mound and shout/ scream " you own this schitt, fix it" turn around and go back to the dugout. It's apparent to me that pulling a pitcher one second after he makes a mistake isn't working, if they had confidence coming in they no longer do and have to gain game experience by getting out of the jam they create. Try something different Hook! Your feigned look of disgust is demeaning and demoralizing these kids.

Struggling to be 10-6 with as deep an offense as this team has is embarrassing. I don't blame the freshmen pitchers I blame the HC who isn't giving any of them a chance to get some OJT.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I’ll make 2 guarantees about our team this season
1. We’ll have a good regular.
2. We’ll shyt the bed in the postseason.

This dipshyt Sully will do what he does best…he’ll pull an “0 and 2, it’s time for BBQ” in the regionals or Super regionals. Book it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

This dipshyt Sully will do what he does best…he’ll pull an “0 and 2, it’s time for BBQ” in the regionals or Super regionals. Book it.
I see very little about this team that says we make the tournament. The pitching is gawdawful and the infield defense isn't much better. I also don't see a good conf record. Based on what they've shown this far, .500 in SEC play would be an accomplishment.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017

See post #347, we are not a lock for the conference tournament this year.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Dude is not a pitching coach plain and simple. He needs to hire one that is very good and if he already has one then he needs to be in command of the calls and the rotation. If it makes him (Sully) feel like a big time coach he can go out when a change needs to be made. Dale is too slow on 3rd base, good arm but watched a guy square around last night and still didn't charge in. Luckily next batter hit into the 1-2-3 DP and we got out of the inning or we probably get run ruled.

Garrison has a better arm than Heyman and should be pushing to be the starter, he is also shorter than Heyman and the other dude and is a senior. With this pitching staff we would fair better to have a senior behind the plate. Heyman has a crush on pitches up in the zone that he can't catch up to and seemingly no discipline to layoff those pitches. Cade has the same problem although not as bad.

Gonna be a long season with this staff. Starting rotation is in shambles and frankly I have little confidence in the BP.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The game last night was pretty disappointing to watch. One thing that stood out to me was O’Sullivan’s facial expressions. Every shot made it look like he was saying “these guys suck, but it isn’t me!” Might not have been that at all. Maybe his expectations were higher than what they are capable of right now? Maybe he was hungover? At any rate, most of the pitching didn’t look like something that would turn quickly into legit SEC contenders and there were sure a lot of undisciplined swings against that endless string of lefties.

After listening to the baseball kickoff show on WRUF as the season got ready to begin, O’Sullivan made it sound like we were definitely heading back to the post-season to do some damage. Not how most HC’s usually slow play things at the outset. I can’t imagine the overall and eventual talent not being there but the pitching sure does look like a mess compared with what you’d expect from last year’s Nat’l runners-up, regardless of who we lost, who’s hurt, and so forth. Is there something else going on? Team chemistry problem? Over-inflated egos, players and coaches? If the latter, we’ve had a few slaps in the face already. Should’ve already begun refocusing.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
The game last night was pretty disappointing to watch. One thing that stood out to me was O’Sullivan’s facial expressions. Every shot made it look like he was saying “these guys suck, but it isn’t me!” Might not have been that at all. Maybe his expectations were higher than what they are capable of right now? Maybe he was hungover? At any rate, most of the pitching didn’t look like something that would turn quickly into legit SEC contenders and there were sure a lot of undisciplined swings against that endless string of lefties.

After listening to the baseball kickoff show on WRUF as the season got ready to begin, O’Sullivan made it sound like we were definitely heading back to the post-season to do some damage. Not how most HC’s usually slow play things at the outset. I can’t imagine the overall and eventual talent not being there but the pitching sure does look like a mess compared with what you’d expect from last year’s Nat’l runners-up, regardless of who we lost, who’s hurt, and so forth. Is there something else going on? Team chemistry problem? Over-inflated egos, players and coaches? If the latter, we’ve had a few slaps in the face already. Should’ve already begun refocusing.
Yeah, the DH had four ugly K's, missed ball by six inches and he is hitting in the eight hole. I think it is time to put Garrison behind the plate as he is a much better receiver than Heyman, can throw out a runner but he is also the most experienced and we need someone on the field who can communicate with the kiddy corps we have on the bump. The continued focus on the long ball has us with double digit K's every game which is too many missed opportunities to make things happen. I also believe the experiment of Thomas as the full time 3rd baseman has failed and I would put Albert in his place. We need to get some of the SO's out of the line-up. I alluded in an earlier post he is going to need to let some of these kid pitchers work thru the problems they create and not force another kid to solve the other guys problem. Working thru a jam is where character is developed and I doubt any of these guys were pulled the second they walk a batter in their previous stops along the way. Right now we look like a middle of the pack SEC team.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Not sure if anyone is around tonight but I will post periodic updates. I do not have high expectations for this weekend as ATM comes in undefeated and starting pitchers with minuscule ERA's. Sort of reminds me of 7 or 8 years ago when ATM came to town ranked #1 and we were ranked #2 and we swept them, but we had a much better team then than our current squad and I am not sure if ATM was that great at that time. Be that as it may we need to get off to a good start this weekend or we could be in a huge hole with having to go to CoonA$$ next weekend.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gators lead 2-0 after one inning. Cags solo HR to dead center just sneaking over the wall. Wind blowing out pretty good to left center. Shelton doubled to right and scored on an Evans single.

Why does fisher like hitting guys on 0-2 or 1-2 counts? FFFFFVVVVKKKKKKKK

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator