Gator Baseball 2024 Baseball Thread; Gators wasted Caglione. Sullied Sully's legacy.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If I was filling in the line up card for UF it would look like this Yost, Evans, Cags, Shelnut, Shelton, Donay, Heyman, Robertson, Kurland

Tired of all the SO at top of order
Understood, but until we are officially done, Yost does not have the experience yet to leadoff. And honestly for a guy who is not a leadoff hitter Evans has done better than Kurland, Robertson Shelton or anyone else they have tried.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Understood, but until we are officially done, Yost does not have the experience yet to leadoff. And honestly for a guy who is not a leadoff hitter Evans has done better than Kurland, Robertson Shelton or anyone else they have tried.
Understood, just going from what I have seen in the last week, month, season. Evans is a favorite yet still a SO king. Yost with a small sample hits it all over the field and is a very good, base baserunner. The others behind Cags are all flawed so I tried to place them in complementary positions. I'm not sold on these big swing, low contact non-hitters.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Leadoff single then a walk. They need baserunners. If you do not make them swing they will get baserunners!

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I read this and said WTF

The Vols boast a 37-8 record this season with a 15-6 resume in conference play. Tennessee is slashing .324/1.073/.645 backed by an impressive 122 home runs. Tennessee's pitching staff has a combined ERA of 3.92 with a 1.24 WHIP and 416 strikeouts in 377 innings of work. The Vols also rep a .979 fielding percentage across 1,546 defensive chances.

So they hit for average, get on base, hit HR's, throw strikes, throw strikes, throw strikes. play defense. We are going to get our asses schooled by UT. This hurts.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Rained out. Thank goodness. Saved the embarrassment of getting waxed on national TV.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Neely starting game 1. Coppola not available maybe for the weekend?? Apparently did his entire warm up last night then the rains came, so with his history they may not risk it. Cags playing 1B so doubt he starts game 2 standing in the 200 degree heat in game one.

Neely retires side in order on 10 pitches in the first. Yes you read that correctly. I know shocking.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Tinerc starting pitcher is some soft tossing bullpen lefty expected to go a few innings. But we only struck out twice in the first inning swinging at those cotton balls.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
22nd consecutive SEC game in which we have trailed. Three consecutive ground ball singles. Just putting the ball in play after fighting off good pitches.. They have tremendous plate discipline and technique.

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
22nd consecutive game in which we have trailed. Three consecutive ground ball singles. Just putting the ball in play after fighting off good pitches.. They have tremendous plate discipline and technique.
and our defensive warts are showing from the start. Passed ball, botched kill of the delayed steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.