2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They already talking about how this UCONN team and program is the by far and away the best in the last 25 years and that their back to back champs is the greatest accomplishment than Duke and UF cause they basically had a brand new team. They are also saying that UCONN will easily win a 3peat and no other teams or programs have the coaching or players to compete with them.
wow... well since 'they' said it, it must be true.

everyone start spazzing out... right... now!

:triggered:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
You can definitely tell by the foul calls that the refs and NCAA WANT UCONN to win Back to Back and break the record
I have no idea what game you were watching. Yes the game was physical but all NCAA tourney games are more physical that the regular season. And in the second half Purdue reached the double bonus before UConn was even in the bonus. The two UConn players who primarily guarded Edey ended the game with 5 and 4 fouls respectively. And the only reason the foul totals were close at the end was due to Purdue committing some fouls to stop the clock to see if they could get back into the game. My gosh we just watched UConn the past two years reintroduce us to the game of team basketball, not constant on the ball screen and roll or pop and not guys standing flat footed at the 3 point line. Defensively running guys off the 3 point line, great defensive rotations and active hands in the passing lanes. Dan Hurley is coaching a game that I enjoy watching. Some people prefer the Nate Oats (Golden State Warriors style offense) and that is fine. but UConn has blown thru the tourney 2 years in a row, won every game by double digits and not had to shoot 30 3's a game or make a lot of 3's to win. They have done it with not the most athletic teams, but have done so playing a style and buying into the whole is greater than the parts. They deserve the props. They needed no help from the refs.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I have no idea what game you were watching. Yes the game was physical but all NCAA tourney games are more physical that the regular season. And in the second half Purdue reached the double bonus before UConn was even in the bonus. The two UConn players who primarily guarded Edey ended the game with 5 and 4 fouls respectively. And the only reason the foul totals were close at the end was due to Purdue committing some fouls to stop the clock to see if they could get back into the game. My gosh we just watched UConn the past two years reintroduce us to the game of team basketball, not constant on the ball screen and roll or pop and not guys standing flat footed at the 3 point line. Defensively running guys off the 3 point line, great defensive rotations and active hands in the passing lanes. Dan Hurley is coaching a game that I enjoy watching. Some people prefer the Nate Oats (Golden State Warriors style offense) and that is fine. but UConn has blown thru the tourney 2 years in a row, won every game by double digits and not had to shoot 30 3's a game or make a lot of 3's to win. They have done it with not the most athletic teams, but have done so playing a style and buying into the whole is greater than the parts. They deserve the props. They needed no help from the refs.
From what I saw, the refs could have put the thumb on the scale for Purdue and UConn still would have won.

For selfish Gator fan reasons I wanted Purdue to win, but UConn was clearly the best team I saw in the tourney. They totally took Purdue out of their game on D and their ball movement on O was superb, and as you noted, fun to watch. If I’m UK, I’m not going after Oates or Billy D, I’m backing the Brinks truck up to Hurley’s house in Connecticut and making him say “no thanks.”

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Absolutely agree. Regardless of what teams you root for/against, if you enjoy the game of basketball, this was textbook basketball and fun to watch.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yeah Hurley definitely gloating that they are the greatest of all time with his comments

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Edey leads all scorers with 37 points yet the rest of his team scores 27? UCONN did a great job keeping Purdue's white boy PG in check.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Edey leads all scorers with 37 points yet the rest of his team scores 27? UCONN did a great job keeping Purdue's white boy PG in check.
Their guards dominated…all season. Purdue had Edey and a supporting cast that got exposed as just above average. I was pullling for Purdue because I like Painter and really appreciated watching Edey play the post the way it was meant to be played, but they we’re just outmatched. The best 2 teams played for the title and the best team won.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Taking UCONN at +400 at start of tourney to win it all was the easiest money I’ve ever made at a sports book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.