Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Noise on twitter about Lagway removing Gator stuff from his page, friending Elko, and taking an unofficial at ATM this weekend.

Locked in.... but still dating.
kick in nuts GIF

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
100% Committed? :bandit:

Imagine a punter decommitting from a school as he realizes he's going to be punting 12 times a game and will have a dead leg end of season. #NAPIERTHEGOAT
12 might be on the low side with our current situation and the schedule next year.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
Totally locked.

And still looking.

I looked at his page and he doesnt gave Gator stuff on it but U cant say I saw the before to know what it looked like last week or whenever.
Only recruit we have that's "super locked" is our 5-star Punter who's "100% committed" because he knows he's going to be able to showcase to NFL scouts his leg/punting skills at least 90% of our offensive possessions. He'd be stupid to decommit.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
All the more reason these firings made no sense. The mantra all year was twofold—that we were a young team that just hadn’t learned how to finish, and that he had tremendous confidence in the group in our locker room
I keep seeing our presumption that these guys were “fired” or fired for performance in the field. Nothing about those departures or Billy’s history suggest as much. The timing, and who it was, suggests real internal issues and it may not have been all Billy’s doing.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
heard on espn radio this morning that georgia has 18 of the top 300 rated players, then ohio state with 10, then halfassU with 9.

no mention of the gators. bad enough we are getting lapped by our sec rivals. now we are getting lapped and laughed at by the redheaded step child in the candyass conference.

napier sucks worse than a black hole.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
I keep seeing our presumption that these guys were “fired” or fired for performance in the field. Nothing about those departures or Billy’s history suggest as much. The timing, and who it was, suggests real internal issues and it may not have been all Billy’s doing.
They quit. They weren't fired. Definitely internal.

If we lose Lagway before ESD then there will be an implosion internally and externally and if Stricklin and Napier isn't fired then the program will be set back beyond years.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Toney definitely wasn’t fired. That narrative never made an ounce of sense. Not sure on Spencer and CR, but the idea that they didn’t mesh with or like taking orders from Armstrong does sound plausible. Either way, if they quit it’s a terrible look. If he fired then given their connection to key pieces of recruiting and with the other glaring issues, it’s dumb. I don’t really care how it happened but both sound about right.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
heard on espn radio this morning that georgia has 18 of the top 300 rated players, then ohio state with 10, then halfassU with 9.

no mention of the gators. bad enough we are getting lapped by our sec rivals. now we are getting lapped and laughed at by the redheaded step child in the candyass conference.

napier sucks worse than a black hole.
As great as those numbers are for our rivals, those don’t even begin to touch Texas A&M’s recruiting class a couple years back. They had 19 of the top 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator