Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
June 1 to July 31 is a quiet period and June 24 to July 24 is a dead period, so you're not going to see anyone committ this time of year. The quiet period allows the coach to have contact with player and parents only on campus and the dead period means zero contact. Juniors can be contacted 1 time from April 15th to May 30th and then not again until their SR year.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
June 1 to July 31 is a quiet period and June 24 to July 24 is a dead period, so you're not going to see anyone committ this time of year. The quiet period allows the coach to have contact with player and parents only on campus and the dead period means zero contact. Juniors can be contacted 1 time from April 15th to May 30th and then not again until their SR year.
How does that affect NIL reps?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
is he related to wondy? cuz that dude sucked.

His fumble recovery in the end zone off the Arkansas muffed punt helped spring us to the SEC title in 2006. Basically his only big play.

But I always reference his recruitment to show how far UF’s ability to impose its will has fallen. We basically had to fight off village warlords and genocidal political leaders of Haiti to get WPL in to the 2006 class. Fast forward 10 or so years and Mullen couldn’t even get a kid from the Bahamas enrolled. The Bahamas. At any given moment, we send four boats an hour off the Florida coast and call it a 51st state by that evening, and yet they’re over here making Mullen grovel and laughing at us. Just terrible. :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
His fumble recovery in the end zone off the Arkansas muffed punt helped spring us to the SEC title in 2006. Basically his only big play.

But I always reference his recruitment to show how far UF’s ability to impose its will has fallen. We basically had to fight off village warlords and genocidal political leaders of Haiti to get WPL in to the 2006 class. Fast forward 10 or so years and Mullen couldn’t even get a kid from the Bahamas enrolled. The Bahamas. At any given moment, we send four boats an hour off the Florida coast and call it a 51st state by that evening, and yet they’re over here making Mullen grovel and laughing at us. Just terrible. :lol:
its funny, and true all at the same time.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Jeremiah Smith has intimated that he needs to see vast improvement by UF offense if they want to be a contender to flip him.
Not sucking would be a vast improvement. He might have wanted to reword that.
But once he sees Mertz slinging it all over the field combined with Nape's innovative modern offensive play calling his decision will be elementary.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Google what became of Wondy... I'm pretty sure he'll feature in the upcoming Urbs hit piece documentary. :lol:
He was arrested on 5 felony charges in Gainesville in 2010.

BUT a search in the Alachua County court records shows only 2 cases, both dismissed. Huntley Johnson was his attorney on one…

Yeah. He might just make that documentary.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jeremiah Smith has intimated that he needs to see vast improvement by UF offense if they want to be a contender to flip him.
giphy.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I want to get blue chippers as much as anyone, but good lord this sht has gotten ridiculously embarrassing. I'm honestly embarrassed for them. Doing wedding anniversary gifts for a kids parents bc you want him to play for you? Yeeeesh.

If this is what it's come to, then to hell with all of it.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
You may talk of gin and beer, when you're quartered safe out here, and sent to pennyfights and aldershotit. But when it comes to slaughter, you'll do your work on water, and lick the bloomin boots of him that's got it. Now in Injer's sunny clime, where I used to spend my time, a sarvant of Her majesty the Queen, of all them blackface crew, the finest man I knew was our regimental bhisti Gunda Din.
I was chokin mad with thrist and the man who spied me first...
I love that you obviously typed this from memory. I read it in school and remember it well enough to recognize your accuracy. It is a great poem and window into history.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I want to get blue chippers as much as anyone, but good lord this sht has gotten ridiculously embarrassing. I'm honestly embarrassed for them. Doing wedding anniversary gifts for a kids parents bc you want him to play for you? Yeeeesh.

If this is what it's come to, then to hell with all of it.
You're totally right.
It's outside the box thinking like throwing pizza parties that's gonna get these kids to commit, you never want to win over the parents :whistle:

Last edited:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I love that you obviously typed this from memory. I read it in school and remember it well enough to recognize your accuracy. It is a great poem and window into history.
I did. Memorized the whole thing for 11th grade English. The line about "I shan't forget the night I fell behind the fight, a bullet where my belt plate should a been" is a description of battle that political leaders need to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.