Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Ranked #5 Overall: 4* WR Elijah Badger headed to UF

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I didnt say we were elite. Of course we werent. I was the one criticizing Mullen's recruiting from the beginning.

Slingblade inherited a top 15 roster, more talented than all but 3 teams or so on the schedule. We are still just barely above Mullen level. 3 elite players in a class instead of 2.
Really? Only 3? Which of last year's 4 First Team All SEC Freshmen weren’t elite? I hope you weren't meaning Wilson, our First Team All American Freshman.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Again some of you dont understand TALENT and development. And you do not play football games solely with the players who are eligible for next year's NFL draft.

Yes, the players coach by Mullen and Billy Retard have not been developed. The losing seasons alone show that.
Do courts of law consider this to be logic? Just asking. Circular reasoning.
"My hat has 3 corners,
3 corners has my hat.
And had it not 3 corners,
It would not be my hat."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@soflagator, , but 2024 was superb,
Jeebus fooking Rice.

No, on no planet is the #15 class superb. We are the University of Fooking Florida not Vanderbilt or a Georgraphic School. It isnt even close to an average class unless you only count only the last two lazy losers.

Sometimes I wonder how much dope it takes to get this delusion.

Of course you were pimping one of Mullens class bc we got the #1 player, and finally figured out you were talking about a Juco who had played 1 year in last 4.

But Im glad you are back AR.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do courts of law consider this to be logic? Just asking. Circular reasoning.
"My hat has 3 corners,
3 corners has my hat.
And had it not 3 corners,
It would not be my hat."
I read that imagining a Cat in Hat's voice.

Also, Treo was freshman all-SEC. Color me not impressed with the accolade.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
In an earlier post, I highlighted the post UF careers of some of the guys who transferred and were back in the portal or guys we highly recruited at one point who spurned us and were in the portal. I came across another one yesterday that some here may not even remember.

In the 2020 class, we signed a 4* OT from Miami named Issiah Walker and us fans were pretty happy about. He looked like a solid player at a position of constant need. Whelp, an early enrollee, he lasted all of one spring before he transferred to scUM to a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth around here. At that point most of us probably forgot all about him; I know I did. Part of what made him easy to forget is he never amounted to much there and rarely saw the field. I’m guessing he didn’t have much success in the classroom either, because he left scUM after a couple of years and ended up at Butler CC, but not before signing a NLI to play at Purdue that somehow didn’t work out. (Hmmm…) After a year at Butler, with another commitment and de-commitment to Colorado, he ended up at Texas State last year. Annnnnnndddddd, now he’s back in the portal.

That 2020 class by the way had 4 OL’s in it; all of whom transferred at some point. In fact, I counted only five players, including three on the current roster, who actually finished their careers as Gators. (For the curious: Richardson, Torrence, Wingo, Fraziars, and Crawshaw.)

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@soflagator, when you say " this year ... would be a step down", which year are you talking about? Recruiting 2025 is experiencing problems, but 2024 was superb, and, in retrospect, 2023 was very good as well.

Points wise we were closer to Texas Tech, Purdue and Iowa than we were to uga and Alabama. We also finished 3rd of the FL schools. Some great pieces, yes. But there’s nothing superb about that. We crucified Mullen for better classes than what we just pumped out. Same for ‘23.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was very surprised to see how highly Princely was rated in the transfer portal. I am no expert on defensive lineman, but I don’t recall him having much of an impact at all last season. He did finish with 7 sacks, but none of them ever seemed like difference makers or at crucial moments.

While I agree with you on McClellan, I don’t see Norman as a loss at all. When he was in the portal, the CFB world didn’t exactly beat a path to his door and now he’s at Marshall. (As he went to three different HS’s, I fully expect he’ll transfer again next year.)
If Norman gets his head on straight, he'll be a force on someone's D-Line in a year or two. Right now, he's on to his 3rd college team in 2 years.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In an earlier post, I highlighted the post UF careers of some of the guys who transferred and were back in the portal or guys we highly recruited at one point who spurned us and were in the portal. I came across another one yesterday that some here may not even remember.

In the 2020 class, we signed a 4* OT from Miami named Issiah Walker and us fans were pretty happy about. He looked like a solid player at a position of constant need. Whelp, an early enrollee, he lasted all of one spring before he transferred to scUM to a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth around here. At that point most of us probably forgot all about him; I know I did. Part of what made him easy to forget is he never amounted to much there and rarely saw the field. I’m guessing he didn’t have much success in the classroom either, because he left scUM after a couple of years and ended up at Butler CC, but not before signing a NLI to play at Purdue that somehow didn’t work out. (Hmmm…) After a year at Butler, with another commitment and de-commitment to Colorado, he ended up at Texas State last year. Annnnnnndddddd, now he’s back in the portal.

That 2020 class by the way had 4 OL’s in it; all of whom transferred at some point. In fact, I counted only five players, including three on the current roster, who actually finished their careers as Gators. (For the curious: Richardson, Torrence, Wingo, Fraziars, and Crawshaw.)
Another kid who needs help.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

He lost a massive amount of weight during covid and has had trouble keeping it on ever since. He’s been Dez’s opposite.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Another kid who needs help.

In a sense, he had it. It was called rules and guidelines that forced some of these kids to stick things out and handle circumstances. You know, like how they’ll have to do the moment they step into the real world. Then we decided that was mean. And probably racist. Anyway this is the result.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
@soflagator , No we were not. Grimsley and Zandamela are members of the 2024 class. They have full eligibility and they arrived in Gainesville in a timely manner (one actually early for the spring semester, the other before the fall semester begins). Not adding their points in makes no sense. When their points are added in, we have a top five class for 2024 with the Number One quarterback, the Number One defensive lineman, the Number One interior offensive lineman, two of the best linebackers in the country, and an underrated running back who has already shown that he will be elite. Bagging on Napier for bad coaching is strictly legit; ranting about his recruiting is simply misinformed and silly.

g8trjax

Aug 26, 2018
As good as they may be, I bet the one he connects with most will be his old teammate, and transfer, from Whisky.

And while funny, your point isn't accurate. Mertz was an accurate QB. Our receivers, last year, spent most of their routes covered or they dropped balls. I wish QB stats were broken down more to illustrate that, but they aren't, so his numbers weren't great, but if you watched the games...IYKYK.

And of all his years in college, his best year was his year as a Gator and he played 1 less game due to injury. Actually, he was injured in the 3rd quarter so he played 5 less quarters. But this is also assuming that if he wasn't injured that we still lose to Mizzou and to FSUx. I don't think we do and so he would also have a meaningless bowl game to count.
I just seem to remember any pass to a receiver past 20 yards was usually overthrown but you're probably correct since most of last season for me was viewed through an alcohol induced haze.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@soflagator , No we were not. Grimsley and Zandamela are members of the 2024 class. They have full eligibility and they arrived in Gainesville in a timely manner (one actually early for the spring semester, the other before the fall semester begins). Not adding their points in makes no sense. When their points are added in, we have a top five class for 2024
Simply not true. Show your math.

You're just copying some hopeful BS from the clownshow board.

As always.

The comprehensive with both the class AND all the portal players is like #7. That was a couple of days ago. For some reason working for me, shows 2025 but no 2024.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just seem to remember any pass to a receiver past 20 yards was usually overthrown but you're probably correct since most of last season for me was viewed through an alcohol induced haze.
He was pretty accurate. However playcalling was atrocious, rarely more than 2 receivers running patterns. If the receiver is double or triple covered, throwing it away is the correct way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator