Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Ranked #5 Overall: 4* WR Elijah Badger headed to UF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
There are literally two variables lol
Two they are counting? In and out. But each player has a lot more variables than those two.

I hope someone analyzes the success rate of the transfers vs their transfer ratings. It feels to me like a small percentage thrive while a lot of them have little success. Seems more unsettled to me that the HS system.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What's going to make them want to play here is the same as the others - money. If we're that far behind the 8-ball, then we need to cough up more money. The elite kids don't GAF about the schools anymore, those days are over.
I agree. But I’m gonna take it one step further. I think they should be focusing on Florida kids. When you look at the defections from the team. Almost all of them are out of state kids.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I agree. But I’m gonna take it one step further. I think they should be focusing on Florida kids. When you look at the defections from the team. Almost all of them are out of state kids.
And when you look at the teams not in Florida that are making the playoffs they all have a lot of Florida kids on their roster.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And when you look at the teams not in Florida that are making the playoffs they all have a lot of Florida kids on their roster.
This is exactly why we are scraping the bucket in Texas and Louisiana.

It is apparently impossible to hire a bunch of Florida recruiters these days, the way Meyer did.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
His is exactly why we are scrapping the bucket for scraps in Texas and Louisiana.
I got no problem with getting the scraps from Texas and Louisianna (and all the big butts from Mississippi because those MS high school coaches really coach them right in the trenches and they feed them right at home) as long as we are taking our picks from Florida. Heck...I dont even mind trawling California either because lots of good offensive skill talent out there...but we have to clean up Florida first.

I have been team Napier from the get go because thats exactly what he said he was going to do...that 500 mile radius thing with really concentrating on Florida talent. And he really focused on that in the beginning as well. But the momentum is now gone because of the what has transpired on the field and the whole long game motto is getting stale. He lost too many games he should have won which killed the mo and I really dont think he is going to be able to get that mo back now. Hope he does but I wouldn't bet on it.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Heard Bama is losing their Frosh All American Safety and Frosh All American Left Tackle. Should only take Sling Blade about 2-3 weeks to do the background work to see if he might have an interest.

Yes I know they are not coming here regardless but these are the types of guys I would be standing outside the weight room in T'town waiting to talk to.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

From one of our boosters. If this is the thinking, might as well pack it in and just reminisce about the good ole days. NIL will kill our program (if it hasn’t already). Can’t say I blame boosters for not shelling out millions for no return really

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
From one of our boosters. If this is the thinking, might as well pack it in and just reminisce about the good ole days. NIL will kill our program (if it hasn’t already). Can’t say I blame boosters for not shelling out millions for no return really
I don't blame them at all, it's absurd.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't blame them at all, it's absurd.

Need to make it where they get a piece of the revenue pie from TV, conference revenue, etc. Also need to make it a legit contract where they can’t just collect money and dip.

Even then, paying an incoming freshman that has a higher chance to never contribute than to contribute thousands upon thousands is insane.

Unfortunately, I think the sport may be cooked already

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of the portal kids are moving closer to home. Some are after more $$$, but the majority (95%) are 3 stars from another state.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Heard Bama is losing their Frosh All American Safety and Frosh All American Left Tackle. Should only take Sling Blade about 2-3 weeks to do the background work to see if he might have an interest.

Yes I know they are not coming here regardless but these are the types of guys I would be standing outside the weight room in T'town waiting to talk to.
I can't say the staff isn't trying, or if behind the scenes they know they cannot pay for the top guys, but it seems like some combination. We seem to be getting budget players from the portal with very little mention of the more highly regarded talking to Florida. How is fsu getting the former Bama players, they have more NIL than UF?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

This is HORSESHYT. Boosters are directly or indirectly GROSSLY OVERspending for exactly ZERO return in the salary that Sling Blade is getting. Would it be the worst thing to spend on a player in another way and that player actually produce?

TXgators

Nov 11, 2023

At least, NFL has hard salary cap and NCAA needs to consider that, too....speechless

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
At least, NFL has hard salary cap and NCAA needs to consider that, too....speechless
Yes they do and it was a part of the collective bargained benefit package. Absent a union to represent HS seniors and underclassmen it's not happening.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is exactly why we are scraping the bucket in Texas and Louisiana.

It is apparently impossible to hire a bunch of Florida recruiters these days, the way Meyer did.
no its not. bama, georgia, ohio state, etc do it routinely. we just prefer g5 soggy bottom bayou boyz

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the other boards I was reading, said that Bama is losing quite a few players in the portal. And really good players. Mainly because their NIL is not that strong and a lot of players were coming to play for Nick Saban even though they were making less money through NIL. Now that Saban is no longer there, a lot of these kids are heading out.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
One of the other boards I was reading, said that Bama is losing quite a few players in the portal. And really good players. Mainly because their NIL is not that strong and a lot of players were coming to play for Nick Saban even though they were making less money through NIL. Now that Saban is no longer there, a lot of these kids are heading out.
Sooooo, does that means we are not a potential destination for these fellows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.